Pages:
Author

Topic: JJ Abrams: Gay Characters Coming To Star Wars - page 2. (Read 3901 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Please stop with this nonsense and don't ruin Star Wars for the fans like me. It's pointless. Do it on other franchises. Do it with Star Trek - they are more liberal.

Who cares? People shouldn't watch stupid movies such as Star wars, and special quotas and affirmative actions for LGBTs and minorities in the casting will ensure that the viewership will be kept at a minimum. I wonder what will be the next step. What about a gay James Bond? A bisexual Rambo or Rocky would be attractive as well.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
Its good that we are expanding our boarders as to who we think should star in entertainment. Personally, i dont care what you are, as long as you can put on a good performance and do your job, you deserve to have that role just as much as everyone else.

The problem is, there are some kinds of sexual deviants we don't want to see on screen talking about or exercising their light sabors.
sexual deviants. Is this what you think about a gay person?
And also if you think they will even talk about sexual parts of the body then your stupid

Lets face it would you even take your kids to see star wars if hansolo said right princess leia I am going to stick my light sabor up your pussy.
It's About feeling love hate sorrow and compassion ..NOT WALKING OUT WITH A BIG HARD ON DUMB ASS

When 2 adults love each other no matter if gay or straight and don't hurt no one then why not embrace. It's beautiful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKiqthx0GKw

I'm afraid you miss the point entirely.  Please think carefully about my response.  It's not that I disagree with your message.  It's that such a message does not have to be included in certain scripts designed to entertain.  Thinking it can or should be included is the problem, not the solution.

The reason for this is that many scripts, people, situations do not have to and should not be sexualized.  Earlier I used the Batman/Robin issue - if that was sexualized, it utterly destroys it.  It's over for those characters.

Earlier I noted how the making of a primary subplot the gay activities of Alexander the Great totally ruined the movie.  Nothing more to be said.  It exists only to entertain, due to this subplot, it failed.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Please stop with this nonsense and don't ruin Star Wars for the fans like me. It's pointless. Do it on other franchises. Do it with Star Trek - they are more liberal.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
This type of gay characters in movies will create a lot of tension among many people and more than gaining more viewers, I believe a lot of big media businesses will lose customers instead of attracting them. Better avoid these characters in any type of media.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Me, my friends, family and relatives will boycott the next Star Wars film if they put gay propaganda in it. We won't even download it from Pirate Bay. I won't tolerate such filth. And I won't buy any Star Wars products anymore ever if that happens.

In the West, too many people are brainwashed by the political correctness propaganda. Even if some conservative groups launch a boycott campaign, a counter-polarization will happen, and in the end the Star Wars franchise will benefit out of it. You can avoid watching propaganda movies, but there is no need to publicize it.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027
Its good that we are expanding our boarders as to who we think should star in entertainment. Personally, i dont care what you are, as long as you can put on a good performance and do your job, you deserve to have that role just as much as everyone else.

The problem is, there are some kinds of sexual deviants we don't want to see on screen talking about or exercising their light sabors.
sexual deviants. Is this what you think about a gay person?
And also if you think they will even talk about sexual parts of the body then your stupid

Lets face it would you even take your kids to see star wars if hansolo said right princess leia I am going to stick my light sabor up your pussy.
It's About feeling love hate sorrow and compassion ..NOT WALKING OUT WITH A BIG HARD ON DUMB ASS

When 2 adults love each other no matter if gay or straight and don't hurt no one then why not embrace. It's beautiful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKiqthx0GKw

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Me, my friends, family and relatives will boycott the next Star Wars film if they put gay propaganda in it. We won't even download it from Pirate Bay. I won't tolerate such filth. And I won't buy any Star Wars products anymore ever if that happens.
legendary

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Activity: 476
Merit: 252
What would that be?
Star Arse?
The Empire slaps back?
The Return of the Swag?

No need to put gay characters in, really. Star Wars has to gain pace, it must become more brutal, the empire is a synonym for darkness. Not pinky stars. 

I agree with this.  That fictional universe is one of evil and brutality, and constant fear.

Well the movie have never been. The darkest movie must have been the episode 3 with the massacre of the children.

Star wars is mainly about a stupid scenario without any kind of originality. "I'm the good guy, I kill the bad guy". Sums up pretty much the Star Wars scenario.
legendary
What would that be?
Star Arse?
The Empire slaps back?
The Return of the Swag?

No need to put gay characters in, really. Star Wars has to gain pace, it must become more brutal, the empire is a synonym for darkness. Not pinky stars. 

I agree with this.  That fictional universe is one of evil and brutality, and constant fear.
Activity: 3122
Merit: 672
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
I do not prefer gay characters in star wars. Even though everyone has freedom to enjoy their life in whatever way they choose, it is wrong to bring that concept onto the big screen or in any shape or format to the public.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
What would that be?
Star Arse?
The Empire slaps back?
The Return of the Swag?

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510
It doesn't sound like from the quote that he is saying gay characters will be in Star Wars.  He was just answering someone's question about whether a gay character could fit in that universe.  Also, I don't think JJ Abrams is doing any more of the movies, so he wouldn't be in control of that anyway.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
legendary
A good movie to use as a measure of these critical standards is Casa Blanca.  There's a great plot, a "save the world" plot.  There are dedicated-to-the-cause characters.  Cutting through the middle of it all is a romance plot.  There isn't a single line of dialogue or a single scene that isn't tightly bound to the plot.

Contrast that with Avatar.  There is nothing but PC crap in Avatar.  Military who are mean, sadistic and who do the bidding of the Greedy Capitalists.  Aliens who are bad renderings of North American Indians.  A primary character who is a cripple-wheelchair-boy.   After all this crap is pushed in and explained, there's no room left for plot.

I can't see the issue with gays as being any different than any other kind of plot or movie revenue destroyer.

Final scene of Casa Blanca.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G62tkd2t7qk

You going to substitute boy-boy-boy there and have the plot work?

ROFL...

Though you're right from an objective point of view, the movie is still a wonder of technological advancement of course, but also a really well measured plot.

Even if there is nothing really important or deep, the plot hits right on the spot IMHO.
So you can't just let it on the sideway Smiley
Yes I can.  I don't know what spot the plot hits for you, but be happy - you have some sequels coming.

Nah. They announced the sequels after the success but absolutely nothing happened.
Anyway they had no scenario. They even said they wanted to resurect the deads of the first episode cause they had other things to do xD

But it doesn't exactly work like that xD
Okay.  But tell me this, if you liked the plot - what characters could you emphasize with?  Meaning which do you even care if they live or get horribly killed or tortured?  That's essential to success for any story.  I saw all of them as pretty one dimensional, including, surprisingly, Sig Weaver.  But maybe it's hard to relate to it for me when I think I'm seeing a rehash of Pocahontas.  But then that's why the question.
Activity: 840
Merit: 529
A good movie to use as a measure of these critical standards is Casa Blanca.  There's a great plot, a "save the world" plot.  There are dedicated-to-the-cause characters.  Cutting through the middle of it all is a romance plot.  There isn't a single line of dialogue or a single scene that isn't tightly bound to the plot.

Contrast that with Avatar.  There is nothing but PC crap in Avatar.  Military who are mean, sadistic and who do the bidding of the Greedy Capitalists.  Aliens who are bad renderings of North American Indians.  A primary character who is a cripple-wheelchair-boy.   After all this crap is pushed in and explained, there's no room left for plot.

I can't see the issue with gays as being any different than any other kind of plot or movie revenue destroyer.

ROFL...

Though you're right from an objective point of view, the movie is still a wonder of technological advancement of course, but also a really well measured plot.

Even if there is nothing really important or deep, the plot hits right on the spot IMHO.
Yes I can.  I don't know what spot the plot hits for you, but be happy - you have some sequels coming.

Nah. They announced the sequels after the success but absolutely nothing happened.
Anyway they had no scenario. They even said they wanted to resurect the deads of the first episode cause they had other things to do xD

But it doesn't exactly work like that xD
legendary

ROFL...

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

ROFL...

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027
This is an absolute joke!
What message will we be sending out to all those youngsters that are avid fans of this great movie? That being gay is ok?
I think this is totally unethical and morally wrong, gayism should not be commercialized.
Yes, it should stay behind closed doors. A lot of people will agree with my perception but those that do not agree will obviously be gay and supporters of this. Unnatural or unethical things should be brought into limelight in my opinion.

A movie that was totally ruined by including a gay subplot was Alexander.  Way way too much lovey dovey honey boy crap ad nauseum.  We're talking about one of the best military commanders and strategists in history being turned into a little cocksucking on the brain slut of the ancient era.  That's ridiculous.  Nobody cares.  Nobody wants all the details of their little lover's spats.  

Many other examples of PC ruining movies, many other things not just movies.  And in opposition to Popcorn's comment, it's not "whether we can tolerate it" but whether the end product of all the decisions is ENJOYABLE.  And that's all it is.  A hundred thousand hours of work, and those guys produce a two hour movie.  And we buy it, or we don't.  And it gets a 5.5 rating on IMDB, or an 8.9.  

You know, there might just be some reasons why one is a 5.5 and another is an 8.9....

I don't think they will be rubbing each other up..
Something like my husbands been shot then the man goes over and comforts his man..And say's BOB
don;t die i love you ..Then the guy who been shot his name is DAVE by the way.He say arrrrrr i am dying bob help me i love you..then  he give a few chokes and a splutter and dies..AND NO NOT WITH HIS COCK
Then they all jump in there spaceship and piss off some where else..NOW WHAT'S UP WITH THAT SCENE.
10/10 just for that scene alone
Maybe they should let me be the script writer..Mind you not to good on me spelling

Your only moaning because you got barred   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdbt-sx5MDc
Pages:
Jump to: