Pages:
Author

Topic: JKC, the newest Litecoin-based alt coin has arrived! - page 27. (Read 54081 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Litecoin was years ago, and probably already too low even way back then.

Recently blocks have been one second or less apart at such low difficulty, so it needs to be higher by at least the number of seconds there are in the actual target time between blocks just to stretch that second out so we can see how much actually less than a second it is between blocks. Most likely it needs to be even more increased than just by the number of seconds in the target time.

Basically it is just another pre-mine all over again, nothing learned at all from the previous pre-mined-in-public-sight coins.

The lesson evidently being, pre-mining is the way to go, anyone who doesn't pre-mine is just leaving money on the table they and their buddies should have had the sense to grab.

-MarkM-

Yes this is right. Unfortunately premined by someone else, not by its creator. Oh well, I created it for fun, anyway have fun.
For those with fast machine, good for you guys.

Activity: 7
Merit: 502
well, i'm off to CHN. if anybody is interested in 1 kilojunk for 10 ltc, i'm selling

That's hilarious - kilojunk!
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.
Less than fifty minute to run through five days, and that is with the majority of miners hashing wasted on orphans.

So initial difficulty probably needs to be multiplied by more than 24 * 5 * (orphanfactor).

Orphanfactor seems anecdotally to be way up near 100 or so...

-MarkM-

Mine is much higher.  235 orphans.  0 coins. 
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Well, this coin lives up to the name.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Less than fifty minutes to run through five days, and that is with the majority of miners hashing wasted on orphans.

So initial difficulty probably needs to be multiplied by more than 24 * 5 * (orphanfactor).

Orphanfactor seems anecdotally to be way up near 100 or so...

-MarkM-
Activity: 112
o.0 My Waller just went to 0?! From over 2000
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Don't dwell in the past, don't dream of the future
Activity: 516
CAT.EX Exchange
miserable me, I got only 2 blocks then all the rest are rejected... big fishes have mercy...

Darn right. We need a small fish coin!
Chant after me
"SmallFishCoin!"
"SmallFishCoin!"
"SmallFishCoin!"
well, i'm off to CHN. if anybody is interested in 1 kilojunk for 10 ltc, i'm selling
Well, I liked some of ideas of this coin but it looks it's an epic fail.

I agree.  Coin has some really good ideas, but this may just be the worst launch of a coin yet due to the low difficulty.  Scrap it and relaunch.  
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Probably even 64 times the difficulty would still not be enough, possibly maybe 1024 might at least not be so totally insane even if even that is not high enough to stay at-or-above the target time between blocks for the initial five days.

-MarkM-
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
Well, I liked some of ideas of this coin but it looks it's an epic fail.
Activity: 99
6500 so far.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 876
Merit: 1000
Etherscan.io
Ok, we're down to 100 Blocks. So I guess this counts as Day 3.

Abandoning (Junk) ship now ...  Cheesy
Activity: 112
Restarted CG miner and seems to be working better now, but down to 100coins per block already...............

OP how are we on day 3?
We're already at "Day 3 or 4" now.  This is just sad.  
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
I think the idea is good.
Maybe changing it's name, and finding somebody who set a pool the first day, you can make the coin catch a lot of users in the relauch.

I never understand why these coins don't have a pool ready from the moment they announce it. If you don't want to run it for long, run it at least until reliable pool is set up by someone else.
Activity: 149
Well...I guess I will buy some then  Grin PM me with your offers if you're looking to offload your newly mined stash Wink
I think the idea is good.
Maybe changing it's name, and finding somebody who set a pool the first day, you can make the coin catch a lot of users in the relauch.
Activity: 7
Merit: 502
How comes I've had 18 transactions but only been paid for 1 block?

I've got 83 transactions and 0 blocks.
Pages:
Jump to: