Pages:
Author

Topic: JKC, the newest Litecoin-based alt coin has arrived! - page 29. (Read 54081 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I've mined about 22k JKC but they all got orphaned...

Oh well, it's to be expected this early on.
Activity: 369
Merit: 250
Edit: nevermind, noob question
How high is the starting difficulty? Are the blocks starting to be found at faster than the target speed already or is the starting difficulty high enough that is is going to take a lot more miners than have even seen the thread yet before the time between blocks becomes as fast as the target time?

-MarkM-

Look how low the difficulty is!

{
"version" : 60300,
"protocolversion" : 60001,
"walletversion" : 60000,
"balance" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 1112,
"connections" : 25,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 0.00024414,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1367643426,
"keypoolsize" : 101,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"mininput" : 0.00010000,
"errors" : ""
}
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
man, someone get big things

$ ./junkcoind.exe getinfo
{
    "version" : 60300,
    "protocolversion" : 60001,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 38500.00000000,
    "blocks" : 974,
    "connections" : 20,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 0.00024414,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1367614235,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00010000,
    "errors" : ""
}

big fishes??? post here guys, let small fishes get some junks, lol!

And the block hashes or headers or some such are used to seed it each block so that people cannot pre-compute the entire future-history of which blocks will have the super-high rewards?

well you are right, I should have used the block hash, but I was too lazy...

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Are the "random" numbers used to make the rewards "random" deterministic, so that all nodes will all agree on the correct "random" reward for each block?

Because if they do not agree what reward the block should have, they will reject it, the net will split and split and split constantly as each node comes up with a different concept of what the correct block reward for a particular block should be...

At a quick glance I don't see the necessary determinism... where is it? If it is there at all?

-MarkM-

Yes it is. Using boost Mersenne Twist which is deterministic. So theoretically it is not completely random, it is pseudo random

And the block hashes or headers or some such are used to seed it each block so that people cannot pre-compute the entire future-history of which blocks will have the super-high rewards?

-MarkM-
legendary
How high is the starting difficulty? Are the blocks starting to be found at faster than the target speed already or is the starting difficulty high enough that is is going to take a lot more miners than have even seen the thread yet before the time between blocks becomes as fast as the target time?

-MarkM-
Are the "random" numbers used to make the rewards "random" deterministic, so that all nodes will all agree on the correct "random" reward for each block?

Because if they do not agree what reward the block should have, they will reject it, the net will split and split and split constantly as each node comes up with a different concept of what the correct block reward for a particular block should be...

At a quick glance I don't see the necessary determinism... where is it? If it is there at all?

-MarkM-

Yes it is. Using boost Mersenne Twist which is deterministic. So theoretically it is not completely random, it is pseudo random

32 transactions 0 coins.  It is a junkcoin!  LOL!
Well because of low difficulty, some fast computer gets them...
Activity: 7
Merit: 502
32 transactions 0 coins.  It is a junkcoin!  LOL!
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Going stale already? Damn!

it's because of low difficulty
Activity: 308
Going stale already? Damn!
Activity: 101
Will this be listed as JNC on the exchanges?
legendary

-MarkM-
Activity: 766
Merit: 621
Own ONION
crap, now I gets block rejected... must be some big fishes coming in??
Activity: 115
trying it, can be designer btw.

config name is junkcoin.conf, in %appdata/Roaming/JunkCoin

Man, don't let your dog name your coin...
Activity: 766
Merit: 621
Own ONION
I got my first block ever mined!!! 500 coins! thanks! hope the big fish will not jump in soon.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
conf name?
Activity: 308
Thanks, I needed another coin to collect!
try addnode=ipaddress

see many nodes in the next messages

premining 1 mil is reserved for bounties. I do not own it!
Pages:
Jump to: