Pages:
Author

Topic: [joe is dead] http://findmeifyoucan.eu - page 6. (Read 7043 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 1
October 27, 2012, 10:22:58 PM
I would not use Lastpass. I manage my passwords locally using KeePass software.

keepass seems to be windows-only Sad.

I'm not currently doing this, but "for real", I would probably use an encrypted /home/joe folder anyway, so I could just put a text-file with the login pws there.

However: lastpass (or any other password store that has a browser addon) is very convenient.

What are the specific problems with using lastpass?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029
Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!
October 27, 2012, 10:19:08 PM
I would not use Lastpass. I manage my passwords locally using KeePass software.

Satoshi did good job hiding his identity. Nobody suspects that he is Casascius Cheesy
October 27, 2012, 10:18:22 PM
Do you mine deepbit? So I can use that as a point of reference? Or can we ask questions?

yes, you can ask questions. This is to simulate the case where I run some anonymous service but I still want to interface with people on bitcointalk, so I engage in discussion and will reveal bits of info.

To answer your question: no, I don't mine at all.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
October 27, 2012, 10:11:48 PM
Do you mine deepbit? So I can use that as a point of reference? Or can we ask questions?
October 27, 2012, 10:08:46 PM
The metadata would not helped much because the pic is made from screenshot not digital camera.

well, who knows what screenshot tool puts in there? unix user info? could contain email-address, hostname, whatever.

"registration info" like MS Word does. But as long as the information is kept "generic" this will not help much. Some pedos were busted because they left metadata with GPS coordinates on homemade preteen pussy pictures and back in 90-ties some madman was caught because he sent floppy to police with word document that was registered to some church.

The metadata in electrum screenshot was a minor overlook but most likely it would not let us reveal who you are even if there was metadata.

well, I'm not using a separate client machine for this. Merely a separate user on my day-to-day system. To be safer, it'd probably make sense to use a seperate machine and also block all non-tor traffic from that machine to make sure I don't accidentally go through public net.

One thing for example might be a problem: I use lastpass to manage joe23s identities and passwords for the services. I'm not entirely sure the lastpass addon follow my browsers proxy settings. Anyone know?
legendary
October 27, 2012, 10:03:12 PM
The metadata would not helped much because the pic is made from screenshot not digital camera.

well, who knows what screenshot tool puts in there? unix user info? could contain email-address, hostname, whatever.

"registration info" like MS Word does. But as long as the information is kept "generic" this will not help much. Some pedos were busted because they left metadata with GPS coordinates on homemade preteen pussy pictures and back in 90-ties some madman was caught because he sent floppy to police with word document that was registered to some church.

The metadata in electrum screenshot was a minor overlook but most likely it would not let us reveal who you are even if there was metadata.
October 27, 2012, 09:58:02 PM

October 27, 2012, 09:56:00 PM
theymos is pissed at me and releases my PMs publicly.

In those PMs you can see me asking MysteryMiner wether he was one of the german guys wearing masks at the Conference in London.

legendary
October 27, 2012, 09:54:32 PM
October 27, 2012, 09:54:22 PM
Jazztel triple play service that your ISP?

nevermind I think that was a TOR routing.

yep, hopefully tor. Jazztel not my ISP.
October 27, 2012, 09:52:53 PM
Jazztel triple play service that your ISP?

nevermind I think that was a TOR routing.
October 27, 2012, 09:51:37 PM
I am digging through the blockchain hold it for a few I may find you yet. Right now I am examining your Taint ewww.
October 27, 2012, 09:50:24 PM
Just checked he cleared metadata on the pic if anyone was planning to look. I think maybe tradefortress.

wow. good idea. Didn't think of that. Got lucky my screenshot-tool (scrot) seems to not leak any info OR maybe imgur trims it. Will check that out.

Extremely good point, tough, jasinlee. I will award a 0.05 BTC special bonus for that, give me an address and I will send.

October 27, 2012, 09:47:28 PM

Oh well, back to checking for SSH vulnerabilities.
Girls can't do that! Go back to kitchen and make me a hot meal!
I'm thinking about giving you guys access to the server in the end (maybe I will lower the bounty then) to simulate "officials" gaining access to the machine.
For LEA it will take at least few days to do this "officially" if both the source of offending IP address (Bitcointalk) and VPS are in the same country. More if some parts of chain is located overseas. So at least don't give access right now to keep this interesting.

ok, I will keep it realistic and wait for a couple of days.
October 27, 2012, 09:43:58 PM
just loaded more funds to joes wallet

http://i.imgur.com/iptLL.png

will increase bounty soon
October 27, 2012, 09:41:46 PM
Just checked he cleared metadata on the pic if anyone was planning to look. I think maybe tradefortress.
October 27, 2012, 09:36:52 PM
UPDATE: someone manages to bribe theymos to give out the IP used to access bitcointalk as joe23: it's consistently 188.165.73.235
legendary
October 27, 2012, 09:34:14 PM

Girls can't do that! Go back to kitchen and make me a hot meal!
I'm thinking about giving you guys access to the server in the end (maybe I will lower the bounty then) to simulate "officials" gaining access to the machine.
For LEA it will take at least few days to do this "officially" if both the source of offending IP address (Bitcointalk) and VPS are in the same country. More if some parts of chain is located overseas. So at least don't give access right now to keep this interesting.
October 27, 2012, 09:34:09 PM
I'm using the VPS that hosts the page as a proxy (through tor) to access bitcointalk because bitcointalk disallows tor ips.

Darn! I was just about to send you a PM with a transparent gif image in it to record your IP, in the off-chance you were browsing the forums without TOR or a proxy.

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005
October 27, 2012, 09:27:51 PM
I'm using the VPS that hosts the page as a proxy (through tor) to access bitcointalk because bitcointalk disallows tor ips.

Darn! I was just about to send you a PM with a transparent gif image in it to record your IP, in the off-chance you were browsing the forums without TOR or a proxy.
Pages:
Jump to: