Pages:
Author

Topic: [joe is dead] http://findmeifyoucan.eu - page 7. (Read 7043 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029
Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!
October 27, 2012, 09:20:25 PM
The problem of staying hidden is not in the short term. In long run you get comfortable, relax on security, reuse the same address or e-mail or whatever and you have instantly linked yourself to some other person You.

Such periodic checks are great idea if your security is at stake. Better lose some bitchiness than lose anonymity and freedom.
Yes, I'm using the VPS that hosts the page as a proxy (through tor) to access bitcointalk because bitcointalk disallows tor ips.

Is that best practice?
Chaining Socks proxy at the end of Tor? Yes it is how it's done!
Activity: 14
Merit: 1
October 27, 2012, 09:18:11 PM
All other steps seems to be secure if Tor was used all the time. Weakest link might be a VPS if you are using it for VPN.

Yes, I'm using the VPS that hosts the page as a proxy (through tor) to access bitcointalk because bitcointalk disallows tor ips.

Is that best practice?

October 27, 2012, 09:15:46 PM
Blazr asked a question in the form of a speculation. The correct answer would have been with a 'no', but you went with the 'no guessing' which translates to 'no speculation'.

he can speculate all he wants, but will not get an answer to a guess.

I didn't break my rules and even if I had: I'd just change them Wink.

This is for fun (although I most definitel will pay the bounty when I get identified according to the rules)

I'm also not opposed to escrow.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
October 27, 2012, 09:12:20 PM
AndrewBUD.

I analyse your England. Derp.

BTC goes here 1H8uBfk6bw8kj3CWurjct5KHKe6NY3HAp4
Thanks.
October 27, 2012, 09:11:42 PM
thanks for all your replies, I have not been identified yet.

The operators of Silk Road can find at least your SR username given time and amount of deposit. If it is a SR deposit address at all Cheesy

true. BTC

All other steps seems to be secure if Tor was used all the time. Weakest link might be a VPS if you are using it for VPN.

thanks for checking man, this is reassuring so far.

Have not tried to follow coins in both directions with blockexplorer to see if they are linked with some known addresses here on forum. I'm too lazy to type the address from image lol I save this for some more BTC desperate members.

you wouldn't have found anything about the "initial funding transaction", I think. I "cleaned" the funds using silkraod, that 10 BTC "initial load" is a silkroad withdrawl.

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029
Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!
October 27, 2012, 08:54:38 PM
The operators of Silk Road can find at least your SR username given time and amount of deposit. If it is a SR deposit address at all Cheesy

Have not tried to follow coins in both directions with blockexplorer to see if they are linked with some known addresses here on forum. I'm too lazy to type the address from image lol I save this for some more BTC desperate members.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
October 27, 2012, 08:44:20 PM
I have reread your rules, and...

Okay. I figured out which user you are--someone703.

1EWRJ5BeibZxMguujPLzqM8WWiHpFJtLLx

since at least summer 2012 = January, 2012

You both use tormail.net

You both use http://i.imgur.com to post images.

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
October 27, 2012, 08:28:40 PM
October 27, 2012, 07:58:39 PM
Matthew?

no guessing, but made me LOL
Activity: 882
Merit: 1005
October 27, 2012, 07:55:37 PM
Matthew?
October 27, 2012, 07:41:28 PM
screenshot of my electrum wallet:

http://i.imgur.com/dsq3s.png
October 27, 2012, 07:26:48 PM
Hey fellow bitcoiners,

I am really a registered user in this forum since at least summer 2012. I set up this secondary, hopefully anonymous identity to give away some free bitcoins by ways of a challenge:

challenge:

I hereby challenge you to find the real me!

I set up a site on the net: http://findmeifyoucan.eu

I hereby promise to pay BTC 14 to anyone who provides one of the following pieces of information identifying the operator of findmeifyoucan.eu or (which is the same) the author of this post:

• forum account id of 'real me'
  • my real name and (address or phone number or date of birth)
  • any IP-address that could be traced to my real identity by authorities

rules:

• Rules are t14 BTC bountyo be interpreted by me, in case of dispute, I am right, you are wrong
  • you must post here one of the above infos and a bitcoin address to which the bounty should be sent
  • you must provide a credible story of how you obtained the info
  • a 'hunch' is not enough, no guessing
  • I can change these rules at any time and will do so in OP (Original Post, the one you're reading)
  • the state of the OP at the time of claim is decisive for the rules, so please quote OP when claiming bounty

notes:

• I'll give away small amounts of bitcoin to people pointing out flaws/mistakes/possible improvements regarding my anonymity
  • speculation in this thread is encouraged

additional info leaked:

• theymous publishes the IP I use to access bitcointalk: 188.165.73.235
  • theymos publishes PM in which I ask MysteryMiner wether he was one of the german guys wearing masks at the Conference in London.
  • it is discovered that joe uses lastpass
  • "real me"s timezone has leaked: "it indicates timezone somewhere near UTC."

rewards payed for valuable feedback to:

• MysteryMiner
  • Jasinlee
  • Openyoureyes

feel free to ask any questions... I might be happy to answer... or not.

joe is dead, see this post by real me: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1304572
Pages:
Jump to: