Pages:
Author

Topic: Joe's Signatureless Challenge: Win $25 + 4 Merits every week! (PAUSED) - page 2. (Read 847 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 976
THE CHALLENGE IS CURRENTLY SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Please read my official announcement regarding this matter by clicking here and here

This challenge was designed to help eliminate spam and shitposts from the forums.
In return, you could be rewarded for posting quality content and contributing to BitcoinTalk.

ROUND 7 WILL CLOSE ON SUNDAY, MAY 20, 7:59PM (GMT -6)
You may submit your application for Round 7 until Wednesday, May 16 at 9:00PM (GMT -6).

To date, a total of $205 (in the form of BTC0.02728036) and 106 Merits have been awarded throughout 5 weekly rounds of this challenge.
Round Winners (Announcements): 123456

Welcome to Joe's Signatureless Challenge.

Round 6 has commenced and will award (up to) five winners the following prizes:
(refresh the page if the Bitcoin prices do not show up correctly)

First Place
$20USD () or $25USD* () • 4 Merits
(Cash prize sponsored by BTCforJoe. Merit prize sponsored by DarkStar_)
*read the second post for bonus payment details.

—————

Second Place
$10USD () • 2 Merits
(Sponsored by bill gator [$10] and BTCforJoe [2 Merits])

—————

Third Place
$5USD () • 1 Merit
(Sponsored by bill gator [$5], BTCforJoe [1 Merit]

—————

Consolation Prize
(only available for Newbies/Jr. Members)

1 Merit
(sponsored by LoyceV [1 Merit]

—————

Bonus Prize
(only available for Newbies)

2 Merits
(sponsored by Heisenberg_Hunter)

As it currently stands (April 9, 2018), there will be up to five winners (First Place, Second Place, Third Place, Consolation Prize [Newbie or Jr. Member only], and Bonus Prize [Newbie only]) selected every Sunday by approximately 11:00PM (GMT -6). Participants are eligible to win multiple times throughout the duration of this challenge, but cannot win the First Place prize two consecutive weeks in a row.

How do I enter the challenge, and what are the rules?
• This challenge is available to any and all English-speaking members (Newbies thru Legendary) of BitcoinTalk.
• Negative trust members are permitted.
You must not be wearing any signature that belongs to any paid signature campaign.
• You can [optionally] choose to wear my signature (code in the following post) for a chance at a bonus $5
• You are permitted to have your own signature if you choose not to wear the optional signatures below
• You cannot apply for any paid signature campaigns while you are an active participant in any round of this challenge.
• You can take a break from this challenge to join paid sig campaigns, and you'll be welcome back any time you please (given that this challenge is still ongoing), but the same rules will apply to you once you return.
Alt (alternate) accounts: The only rules that pertain to alt accounts are as follows: You may not enroll in any single round with more than one account simultaneously. If enrolling with an alt account, please provide full disclosure that the account you are enrolling is an alt of another account that has previously entered the challenge. Your alt account(s) will not be eligible to win the first place prize if any other of your accounts have won that prize in the previous round. If an alt account that hasn't been fully disclosed is discovered in the challenge, all accounts related to that alt will be banned from entering in the future.

When are the rounds, and how long do they last?
Each round lasts for 6d 23h 59m, from every Sunday at 8:00PM to the following Sunday at 7:59PM (GMT -6).

When are the cutoff dates to submit my application?
The cutoff for entering is every Monday at 9:00PM (GMT -6). Upon submitting your application prior to the cutoff, you will be eligible to participate for the current round, while applying after the cutoff will place you into the next week's round.

How do I win the challenge?
You simply have to have the most substantial posts (according to me) for the duration of the week. There will be a minimum of 7 posts required (this is just to gage and maintain daily activity; posts do not have to be made daily) for the week and no maximum. There is no post character minimum. Posts will be allowed in any topic on any board, as long as the topic and board are English-speaking. Off-topic? Sure. Gambling or Micro Earnings. Go ahead. Ivory Tower? Yup. Altcoin Discussion? Sure, why not? As long as your posts are knowledgeable or contributive to the given dialogue of the topic, you'll earn points in my book. I won't disclose my criteria, but I will commit to going through every participant's post history for the week to ensure that a winner is chosen fairly.

To apply for the challenge, please fill out this Google Form and submit your application.

YOU MUST SUBMIT A NEW APPLICATION EVERY WEEK THAT YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE.

NOTE: You do not need to submit a BTC address at this time. You can always submit it if/when you win the challenge. However, please note that if you do not provide your BTC address within a week after being declared a winner of a challenge, you will forfeit your winnings, which will then be re-allocated into the prize purse for future rounds.

IMPORTANT NOTE: As I am a huge proponent of SegWit, you must provide a nested P2SH SegWit address in order to be eligible to win any Bitcoin/cash prizes. Please update to a SegWit-enabled address and provide it in your future applications. To learn more about SegWit, click here: SegWit on Wikipedia • SegWit newbie? Use GreenAddress

Click here to view the challenge spreadsheet (updated weekly)

Escrow Address: 37ZhBrGgw6BSghMQnPi4ixdmRBLxBTAXCf (current balance: ) (view on Blockchain)
This address will only be used to fund this challenge. All transactions from this address will be recorded in this thread. If you would like to make a donation to this challenge, please feel free to do so.

Transactions (by winning position):
Round 1: 1st (A) 1st (B) 2nd | Round 2: 2nd 3rd | Round 3: 1st 2nd | Round 4: 2nd | Round 5: 1st 2nd

This challenge was inspired by a dialogue with forum member bill gator upon reading a post where he challenged a sig spammer to make quality posts, whereas he would pay that user $10 if he was able to stop shitposting (as can be seen here). Good luck, everyone, and thanks for doing your part to help make the forums a better place! Cheesy

This specific thread is a continuation of the challenge from its original thread, which can be found here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/joes-signatureless-challenge-archives-3055616. It has been recreated in order to allow self-moderation, to be able to keep the thread easy-to-read and manageable.
Pages:
Jump to: