Pages:
Author

Topic: John McAfee Bets His Manhood that BTC will reach $1 mil by 2020 - page 2. (Read 1537 times)

Activity: 127
Merit: 10
McAfee is defintely a shady person and I think his bet is ridiculous. Bitcoin will never reach 1 million per coin.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
It is not yet 2020 my guy, there is still some years ahead of us by my calculations. we have wait and see whether his prediction is right or wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#
McAfee is a scammer like "maxcoin", maybe we go to the moon, but he follows a marketing strategy
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
"Highest ROI crypto infrastructure"
This guy has lost all his credibility after he got hacked and posted 5 coins of the day in just a day.
The last one that he pumped (tron) was not even pumped by 10%.

This guy is a butthurt, dont follow him
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
John McAfee should be prepared to eat his manhood at the ending of the year 2020  Grin Grin because I am postively sure that bitcoin will not hit $1 million by then.
I don't know what made him so sure and confident of this, but I know quite well nobody knows what the price of bitcoin is or will become or else this price is been secretly targeted or manipulated by some secret investors.
Beside, if bitcoin becomes $1 million in the near future that means the USD currency is becoming useless.
He is not going to fulfill that bet but at the same time there are ways for bitcoin to reach that price, one way that could happen is if there is a huge economic crisis and the governments of the world begin to print money in order to keep the economy going but this is going to cause hyperinflation, it is difficult to imagine such an scenario but a currency can inflate very fast in a matter of years or months. 
Activity: 35
This is an odd site for McAfee Coin, comes up with a phishing scam alert on the page. Fits the John McAfee oddity, whether he is a part or not!

https://www.mcafeecoin.com/
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
John McAfee is NOT someone you want to use as a reference for ANYTHING. He's a mad man at best, a murderer and a liar at worst. If he says it'd be $1 millions by 2020, it most assuredly will NOT be.

Even if he believes in it, I think making this kind of wager is extreme. There are multiple other ways to emphasize your confidence.
$1 Million does look extreme. He has revised his prediction of $500K by 2020 to $1 million by 2020. And he has done this based on Bitcoin's strong rally in 2017.
He has really been an ardent believer of bitcoin right from the onset and his predictions have been out of this world. However, I guess we will just have to wait and see if he ends up right or wrong. 2020 is just by the corner, but even if he is looking at the trends and the way things are, that sounds pretty insane, but not like if it happens, no one will be happy.
There is no doubt that he exaggerates on his claims but at the same time, bitcoin opponents exaggerate their claims all the time too, so I do not see anything wrong with leveling the playing field a little bit, besides even if that price is unrealistic and it is obvious he is never going to make good that bet we know for certain that the price of bitcoin is in fact going to be great by that date.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
John McAfee should be prepared to eat his manhood at the ending of the year 2020  Grin Grin because I am postively sure that bitcoin will not hit $1 million by then.
I don't know what made him so sure and confident of this, but I know quite well nobody knows what the price of bitcoin is or will become or else this price is been secretly targeted or manipulated by some secret investors.
Beside, if bitcoin becomes $1 million in the near future that means the USD currency is becoming useless.
Maybe it will hit one million because investors of all other investments and crypto are running to toward bitcoin and by chance bitcoin has enough supply remaining so there is possibility that bitcoin will hit one million and if this happen there will be very high profit in my court because I am waiting to be billionaire using bitcoin and I know bitcoin will make that dream true so there will be much more good days coming,
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1192
If you trust anything that this man says, you are a fool. He only looks out for his own interests, it will be a mere coincidence if Bitcoin were to reach such heights. He created "McAfee" software and now warns people not to use it. He ran a compound in South America where a lot of unseemly things took place and then ran away when the police came for him.
Activity: 980
Merit: 507
Well, he did predict the price will go to 5,000$ by the end of this year, it ended up going till 16,700$ and this year isn't over yet. Any guy wouldn't bet his dick for a speculation unless and until he has like done research for so much time. Well if one bitcoin will be worth 1 million,then this world will be introduced to more and more new wealthy elites.
Activity: 364
Merit: 130
100x prices have never been seen before, if it does happen it's a huge ass bubble, or a financial collapse of some sort. I'm happy with even just 1/10th of that price honestly.

yes, it has never happened before. Just as price increases are approximately 2000% within 1 year. John predicts prices for the next 2 years, and 2 years is not a long time. We've been at the peak of 2017, so the countdown will be up and running. I believe this prediction can also trigger people to keep their bitcoins, though some believe, and some say impossible. I can't wait, to see who's the winner. The believer or unbeliever  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

Even if he believes in it, I think making this kind of wager is extreme. There are multiple other ways to emphasize your confidence.
$1 Million does look extreme. He has revised his prediction of $500K by 2020 to $1 million by 2020. And he has done this based on Bitcoin's strong rally in 2017.
He has really been an ardent believer of bitcoin right from the onset and his predictions have been out of this world. However, I guess we will just have to wait and see if he ends up right or wrong. 2020 is just by the corner, but even if he is looking at the trends and the way things are, that sounds pretty insane, but not like if it happens, no one will be happy.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 263
do not take it seriously my friend,
John always made a controversial statements and i believe he's trolling us and other people about cryptocurrency.
if you're a true believer or a supporter,
this kind of statement will not come up from your mouth because it'll only make you look like a fool.
if you're an investor and when you're doing something or research,
and find out about something like this,will you believe it ?
what i mean is right now price around $10.000 and he said in 5 years the price will be $500.000.
even if i remember it correctly he made this statement when we're around $5000 or around that.
what do you think if you're new from cryptocurreny and find out about something like this ? an asset that will increase 1000% in mere 5 years ?
Activity: 56
McAfee is always bold and getting crazier than ever. He might be right but most probably it won't. If it won't happen he'll just say that people are crazy if they believe he will cut it. It was more like an expression that he risked a lot of amount in bitcoin.

He’s just promoting his altcoin, his projects, himself. He knows that Bitcoin is mostly young males would be fixated on losing their dicks.

IOW, smart marketer.

Do not take speculation advice from a marketer.
Activity: 868
Merit: 506
McAfee is always bold and getting crazier than ever. He might be right but most probably it won't. If it won't happen he'll just say that people are crazy if they believe he will cut it. It was more like an expression that he risked a lot of amount in bitcoin.
Activity: 266
Merit: 222
Deb Rah Von Doom
Maybe hes selling?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It is obvious that he does not intend to fulfill his promise to eat his dick, that is just a metaphor the same way some people say they will eat their hats if something does not go their way, we should take this as what it is an attempt to bring attention to bitcoin and to make the general public even more bullish, I'm sure that many people around the forum will be happy if bitcoin reached 50k by 2020.
Agree,obviously if he said it he said it in a joking tone,that's pretty obvious,of course nobody would do something like that,it would not make sense,anyway,it seemed very risky to say that but maybe he did it to get people's attention only.
Activity: 56
Hope this happen as a bitcoin will make one a million in dollars and a multi-millionaire in my local currency. I have to keep 80% of my current holding till 2020 as this man know and have reason why the bullish momentum is going to make us going towards the moon in 3 years to come. McAfee is a great man and I stand with his comments over this than others financial expert that are  busy attacking bitcoin because there cannot control it.
You better do not get too greedy bro and end up blaming Mcafee for your predicaments in case anything goes wrong.

I am not saying 80% is not good, but you have to understand that everything is still predictions and no one really know what the future holds or how far it is really going to get to. The dude is going to be fine even if anything happens to bitcoin otherwise and I am sure he will have some reasons to give, but ask yourself, will you be fine
Correct, we are the ones with our economical fates in our hands and we cannot take decisions by just reading a post, I'm convinced to hold but not because of anyone else comments I'm convinced because I have tried to inform myself as much as I can and the decision I made is to hold until bitcoin reaches a price I set in my head, and the only thing I'm going to do until that time comes is to keep getting more bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: