Pages:
Author

Topic: John McAfee: Bitcoin will go above 500k $ in 3 years - page 3. (Read 24236 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 254
This is compltely crazy, and even the craziest man from the crazy men gang would not think about it. Moreover he is not to be trusted as he is praising for Bitmain's toy fork.

I saw this news couple days ago and I couldn't belive what I saw. This is crazy, and his bet is idiotic, how to take this guy seriously? I don't know how to process his statement about dick eating, this very stupid statement and I hope that this guy is joking.
Many comments about this, like others I also think that price can't go high so much in so short period of time. This guy will lose his money and his dick, I don't understand why he needed promotion like this one, he could try to be more reasonable in his prediction. But what to expect from the fool, we will see for 3 years what will happen and how close his prediction will be.
It sounds crazy, this is a publicity stunt or what? I don't understand what is he trying to proof. 500k is a huge amount and if he is predicted it in the coming three years to be the value so he must be gone through some working on it, I am astonished what kind of working will it be? There are plenty of things going in my mind to defend this 500k but nothing works on it seriously. He must be high at the time he said such a huge price and is also accepting bets about it. This is strange, he is going to be in a great mess...
Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Well it's nice to see such established public figures saying good things about bitcoin. Obviously i may be biased because i do agree with a lot of things that John McAfee says but sometimes he can be exaggerative.

I think that $50k is a real possibility, the median house price is some countries. Peolpe used to think that bitcoin will never overtake an ounce of gold in terms of price, but it has. Same thing applies to $50k.

But $500k is 10x that, it could happen if USD went worthless overnight but that's probably going to be a very gradual deterioration and not something that will happen in just 3 years. It's a very bold prediction and applaud John for supporting bitcoin but bitcoin isn't all about its price and unfortunately he might have to eat his own dick Undecided
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
The Tao of Crypto
The bet makes literally no sense. If bitcoin reaches $500.000 then no one will care about their $100.000 - $1.000.000 bet with him because they've become very wealthy anyways.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1171
This is compltely crazy, and even the craziest man from the crazy men gang would not think about it. Moreover he is not to be trusted as he is praising for Bitmain's toy fork.

I saw this news couple days ago and I couldn't belive what I saw. This is crazy, and his bet is idiotic, how to take this guy seriously? I don't know how to process his statement about dick eating, this very stupid statement and I hope that this guy is joking.
Many comments about this, like others I also think that price can't go high so much in so short period of time. This guy will lose his money and his dick, I don't understand why he needed promotion like this one, he could try to be more reasonable in his prediction. But what to expect from the fool, we will see for 3 years what will happen and how close his prediction will be.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Activity: 532
Merit: 250

Well he sure has some balls, eat his own dick on TV. I definitely would want this to happen to but i do think that it is somewhat unlikely. Let's face it, only if fiat collapses to near zero value will this happen. And it will, but just not in 3 years.

I learned about this news on truthnevertold's youtube channel which is aggressively anti bitcoin and altcoin but aggressively pro-silver and gold for some reason. But seems like McAfee's statement is only painting bitcoin as a ponzi scheme even further and even a HYIP scheme to the ignorant people out there.

It'll sure be interesting though if he is going to go through with his wager if he loses though, i don't think he's flexible enough to eat his own dick....
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
dafar consulting
He's talking about Jihan's bitcoin... which is essentially Bitcoin Cash
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

It's nice to have someone that is so confident in bitcoin's future. And i applaud him for that.

He's obviously generating some quality media exposure for bitcoin, in my opinion. But probably not in the right way, it'll be very hard to keep his promise if something doesn't go his way. half a million are in the dreams for most people.

But hey, it seems like that his comments have made sure that bitcoin price rebounded from the monthly low to a respectable $2700-$2800. And plus, he is quite well known so even though you have to take his words with a grain of salt, if he's so confident then there is a reason to be.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 347
It's possible to reach 50k in 3 years, I think.

500k would be for 10 years, perhaps early than that.

People who don't want bitcoin to reach that price are those who don't believe in it.

There is a creed behind bitcoin, it's not a simple commodity that you trade around for quick bucks.

That's the reason why there are too many HODLERS.

Back to 2013 nobody thought it would be possible to reach this price today.

And still the market cap is very small, it's less than Bill Gates fortune, it's less than Apple.

Some people are worried that HODLERS might become millionaries in the long run.

And these people dont believe in bitcoin as a substitute for fiat.

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Everybody would be happy if this happened but honestly he's just kidding or doing joke. Not 500 thousands dollars, 5 thousands dollars is even debatable these days. I approach very nicely to the personal predictions, yet this time it's not logical.
Activity: 413
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io/
Don't be stupid.

The next halving is in 2020. The block reward drops to 6.25 coins every 10 minutes. With this price it would mean that 450 million $ are created every day. Sure.  Roll Eyes

That's nothing, the US gov ALONE prints $560 million a day.

This is a very relevant point. 

The fed is creating / devaluing fiat at a rate that would be the minimum required for the value of Bitcoin to increase if it is to replace fiat or if it is used as a lifeboat to preserve wealth...

Hyperinflation has historically happened with little warning, or at least without the warning signs being taken seriously, and then happens with lightening speed.  The rush to preserve wealth will also happen very quickly, and perhaps even faster.  We see it already as JP Morgan buys record amounts of silver, another lifeboat for wealth.

The days of the US dollar as the sole reserve currency and petrodollar,,, are over.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
If it becomes true, this could be the most exciting news I would ever witness. He is taking bets for the same and that's insane.
Even pumping Bitcoins to that level would need billions, so how will it become possible for Bitcoins to be even 1/10th of what he said it will be at?
The worst part was when he committed he will lick his dick in front of National Television if BTC won't be above 500k, can you imagine watching this guy doing such shitty things?
I am not sure whether John McAfee is a sane person  Cheesy a speculative astronomical price is one thing and committing to lick his body parts in front of national television  Roll Eyes either he was high on some drugs doing these predictions because three years is a very short time to see those valuations,if he would have said ten years then it might be possible but not in three years time.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
If it becomes true, this could be the most exciting news I would ever witness. He is taking bets for the same and that's insane.
Even pumping Bitcoins to that level would need billions, so how will it become possible for Bitcoins to be even 1/10th of what he said it will be at?
The worst part was when he committed he will lick his dick in front of National Television if BTC won't be above 500k, can you imagine watching this guy doing such shitty things?
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
500k is 3 years, hell yeah, that's what I'm talking about Grin - I personally think it's unlikely but I won't be complaining if it comes true Cheesy
500K in 3 years is not a long time. I guess 500k in 3 to 5 year is a possible. It will reach to 500k soon as people getting know about bitcoin. Why would people complained where they will. So keep watching the future of bitcoin. Keep calm and wait for that day when bitcoin will reach to peak what are you talking about it will be happen soon.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
For me, I would not based my decision on guess works which is obviously the expression of opinion of an individual without knowing the basis of his conclusion. I will take it as nothing other than various speculative threads we see during high price about how its going to reach the moon in few weeks or months without any reason to justify that position. And the bet he is going to do, is definitely not achievable.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 252
Although prices continue to rise, but I think it is impossible to reach 500k in 3 years, the thing that can make the price skyrocket is the legality of bitcoin by big countries like USA, China and european union.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
This, bitcoin has great prospects to grow but to think it will reach that amount of money then most of the world economy will need to move through bitcoin and even if the entire world was willing to make that a reality the truth is that bitcoin cannot manage that amount of transactions in the present, and it cannot manage that in the near future either, so that price is not going to happen at all the chances are zero of that happening in the next 3 years.

Another big issue is fiat currency in owned by governments. They are not just going to let billions and billions worth of wealth just go away from their greedy ownership. 
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332
Right, and he also says it will be Jihan Wu's forked version of BTC. And he is a friend of Wu... Looks like he is pumping his friends (future) asset.

I'm very bullish on BTC, and when I tell people my price expectations, they think I'm crazy. But $500,000 within three years is just stupid; the probability for that is very, very low.

And I bet none of those bets will happen. Anybody can say: "Send the contracts over." Doesn't mean he will sign them... Why should he? For sure he is already heavily invested in BTC, he doesn't need additional bets against people from all over the world whom he has no idea if they will pay or not.

Btw, his real prognosis is 2-5 million dollars... That half a million is just what he is willing to bet about.

This is just silly. Very, very silly. Please don't take it seriously.
This, bitcoin has great prospects to grow but to think it will reach that amount of money then most of the world economy will need to move through bitcoin and even if the entire world was willing to make that a reality the truth is that bitcoin cannot manage that amount of transactions in the present, and it cannot manage that in the near future either, so that price is not going to happen at all the chances are zero of that happening in the next 3 years.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
John McAfee is a bat-shit crazy nut job, everyone and his grandmother knows it. Bulltards must be getting desperate....
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
Don't be stupid.

The next halving is in 2020. The block reward drops to 6.25 coins every 10 minutes. With this price it would mean that 450 million $ are created every day. Sure.  Roll Eyes

Do you really think that he was serious? I don't trust McAfee. He was suspected of unlicensed drug manufacturing while he was in Belize. On top of that, he is a suspect in the murder of Gregory Viant Faull.
Pages:
Jump to: