Pages:
Author

Topic: John McAfee: Bitcoin will go above 500k $ in 3 years - page 5. (Read 24236 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1328
Stultorum infinitus est numerus
If he said something like 5 years, it would make "a bit of" sense but 3 years for half a million... is a longshot.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Is there enough fiat currency to make Bitcoin become half a million dollars each? Also people say ti is impossible to happen but IF, say IF the U.S dollar crashes and hyper inflates, then half a million USD might easily be worth 1 Bitcoin. It's all relative to how much the fiat currency is worth. 500K USD might only be worth k USD in today's value of the dollar crashes.

You don't need that much fiat money. People can earn Bitcoins directly just like you earn in USD or CNY for work. No need to convert. The ONLY way for it to be $500K is through a complete collapse of the US into hyper inflation like if it was Venezuela or WW3. Nonsense.

lol $500k in 3 years? that's 200x of the current price as of now. is he dreaming or something? even after 10 years bitcoin doesn't get up to that price if you think logically, that is really impossible. just look at the movement and stability of bitcoins.

He is trolling. M2 is $60 trillion. Yeah, 25% of all money in the world will be bitcoins in 3 years. You'll see WW4 before that happens, if we are still here on this planet.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Is there enough fiat currency to make Bitcoin become half a million dollars each? Also people say it is impossible to happen but IF, say IF the U.S dollar crashes and hyper inflates, then half a million USD might easily be worth 1 Bitcoin. It's all relative to how much the fiat currency is worth. 500K USD might only be worth k USD in today's value of the dollar crashes.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250

lol $500k in 3 years? that's 200x of the current price as of now. is he dreaming or something? even after 10 years bitcoin doesn't get up to that price if you think logically, that is really impossible. just look at the movement and stability of bitcoins.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
$50,000 isn't even on my mind within three years and this silly prediction comes out. Well, we are all entitled to our own opinions and one man's opinion (even if he is well-known or not) shouldn't really send waves of disruption on the overall climate in the bitcoin environment. I am more interested in the short term and the coming weeks and how the price plays out after that.

$500,000 in three years, that is by far the biggest bitcoin price prediction anyone has made, maybe the boldest since he put a bet on his prediction and surely the craziest since it is backed by the faith in Jihan Grin

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/887031720557654016

I am with Jihan. he is my friend and the smartest man I know. the money will follow him.

Jihan != Johan. Jihan = China. They finance US to buy cheap China goods by buying US Treasury bonds. They force people to earn very little. BUT, they don't like dollar printing, it dilutes they future world domination. They would like to lend the US in GOLD. Something the US can't print. And then relax and the rest of the world works for China. The GOLD = digital currencies. They also know world won't accept CNY as replacement. So they want to control all mayor crypto currencies. Here's who controls who:

Bitcoin (and ALL SHA256) -> Mainbit = China
Litecoin (and ALL Scrypt) -> Mainbit = China
Ethereum (and all Ethash)-> Russia (with switch to PoStake even more)
Dash (and ALL X11) -> Mainbit
That sums up about 90% of the crypto market.

Why do you think Korea and Japan are also racing for adoption? See how those governments act. If you have ever been to China, you know how controlled banking is. Do you think some Jihan = Jihan would be able to question banks and regulators there? He is doing his job, but this will never be stated such.

The USA is not seeing the big picture here. It needs to react soon or it will be too late.

You heard this here first!

Bitcoin: China
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

Seriously you believe it and then even post it, such posts are to be ignored at the onset, think logically 500k, how in the world would it be even be possible. Even if you assume some major news comes then also it's not at all possible to achieve it. I am sure he was smoking some high quality weed or meth who knows, as it's looking with August 1st event neutralized we can see 3.5k by the year end logically. But again it depends on many factors.
Activity: 910
Merit: 523
Right, and he also says it will be Jihan Wu's forked version of BTC. And he is a friend of Wu... Looks like he is pumping his friends (future) asset.

I'm very bullish on BTC, and when I tell people my price expectations, they think I'm crazy. But $500,000 within three years is just stupid; the probability for that is very, very low.

And I bet none of those bets will happen. Anybody can say: "Send the contracts over." Doesn't mean he will sign them... Why should he? For sure he is already heavily invested in BTC, he doesn't need additional bets against people from all over the world whom he has no idea if they will pay or not.

Btw, his real prognosis is 2-5 million dollars... That half a million is just what he is willing to bet about.

This is just silly. Very, very silly. Please don't take it seriously.

He really asked about escrow, he really accept everyone who serious want to make bet with him.
He said : "97 Scott Street, Lexington, TN, 38351. $10 million. settled in US dollars. July 19th, 2020." as the contract for his bet.
Here some tweets :
https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/887051746622795776
https://twitter.com/QuodVeritusUnum/status/887053152805158912

He must be so sure about bitcoin could reach $2-2,5Million in 3 years, so he dare to make a bet just $500K.
Furthermore, he has so much money to put on the gambling table, even asked for $10 Million for bet.
Activity: 112
Merit: 100
people usually make this silly speculations online but he seems to be genuinely thinking $500k can happen in 3 years.
or, what is more likely, he was just drunk
Activity: 742
Merit: 397
What the hell is his problem we all know that it is really impossible for bitcoin to be that high in just 3 years maybe even if you added a couple of years it wouldn't be that high,
Just look at it's current price and how long it took to be at the current price.
Activity: 208
500K in 3 years would be great! Let's see what happen in three years.
legendary
Activity: 3444
Merit: 10537
people usually make this silly speculations online but he seems to be genuinely thinking $500k can happen in 3 years. and by that time we will be around the block reward halving and it is known to have a significant effect on the price so who knows maybe he is right!
Activity: 378
Merit: 260
Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin
I think 1 bitcoin will have a value of 500k usd in 3 years too
Activity: 52
Sounds like a longshot, unless the USD undergoes some kind of hyper-inflation, which is not likely.

Someone ought to mail McAfee a hotdog bun and packet of mustard in three years. Grin
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Woah, that seems to be a little too much for me. Bitcoin right now is at 2300 USD and he expects that the price will be 500,000 in 3 years. 3 years equals 156 weeks. If this was to be possible, bitcoin would have to rise at least 3000 USD a week, which is 350 a day. Seems pretty impossible in my opinion. I feel like he is really over valuing Bitcoin and this seems impossible. Maybe after Segwit, if the price goes up, then Bitcoin will have a chance of reaching 500,000 but right now, there is zero possibility of Bitcoin reaching that high in even 5 years. Maybe 10K in 3 years will be possible.
Bitcoin will rise. But this "prediction" it's just nuts.

And worse, he's not even talking about "the Bitcoin". But of the altcoin that Jihan is creating.

Now we just need to figure out which TV channel will be brave enought to accept his little apparition on national television. Roll Eyes

I didn´t  know he meant about that altcoin, Maybe it was a joke then, And can´t be taken seriously that statement, In the other hand, He has declared that he is a miner so I do not rule out that He can be in favor of the group that seeks to take over BTC (Better understand yourself, J.....,B.S....) to mention only two, Neither I do not want to say that all the miners support that group. Anyway it is not good to make projections too high as in this case since it creates false expectations by calling it somehow.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830

Woah, that seems to be a little too much for me. Bitcoin right now is at 2300 USD and he expects that the price will be 500,000 in 3 years. 3 years equals 156 weeks. If this was to be possible, bitcoin would have to rise at least 3000 USD a week, which is 350 a day. Seems pretty impossible in my opinion. I feel like he is really over valuing Bitcoin and this seems impossible. Maybe after Segwit, if the price goes up, then Bitcoin will have a chance of reaching 500,000 but right now, there is zero possibility of Bitcoin reaching that high in even 5 years. Maybe 10K in 3 years will be possible.
Bitcoin will rise. But this "prediction" it's just nuts.

And worse, he's not even talking about "the Bitcoin". But of the altcoin that Jihan is creating.

Now we just need to figure out which TV channel will be brave enought to accept his little apparition on national television. Roll Eyes
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
https://gexcrypto.io
From all the bitcoin predictions I've seen, his prediction on bitcoin going 500k is the highest. Seems like he is very confident about it having bets on this. I am confident that bitcoin will soar higher but who knows how much it will be.
Activity: 574
Merit: 252
Looking at it now,it is a crazy bet,but who knows what the future will be,but in three years it is impossible,but down the line we could expect these sort of valuation five or ten years down the line,for that to happen we need big investors investing multiple billions or trillions of dollars into bitcoin to see those valuations.
Activity: 190
CryptoDetective
All those 500k bitcoin dollars have to come from somewhere?

I don't think this can come from a few million small investors.
There have to be hedge funds, private equity managers and some serious (scared of the dollar) billionaires in play to get it to go that high.
Pages:
Jump to: