Pages:
Author

Topic: John McAfee wants to sell you a $100 gadget that blocks the NSA - page 2. (Read 2037 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 253
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
$100 is too expensive...

TOR is "FREE"

Tor is "slow" And silk road still was closed down even though they used tor.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
this is an interesting fellow i wonder if this gadget really works and if it does how would it work...
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

I do see his point. And what a great guy he is. I would never believed thats the guy behind mcaffe if someone told me that and showed me him on the street.

Smiley
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Pro-Bitcoin and anti NSA ?
I may uninstall Norton Antivirus and buy McAffee anitvirus now.

LOL!  He sold McAfee antivirus about 15 years ago and has nothing to do with it anymore.
Apparently he still gets people asking him how to uninstall mcafee so he did a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKgf5PaBzyg

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Free World
$100 is too expensive...

TOR is "FREE"
legendary
Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

LOL!  He sold McAfee antivirus about 15 years ago and has nothing to do with it anymore.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Awesome Cheesy I like this guy now too, it'd be brilliant if he really did become CEO of Microsoft lol.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1001
Bitcoin - Resistance is futile

Fuck, this man knows how the world works, he's my new favorite.

Thanks for the video.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1372
--------------->¿?
legendary
Activity: 1267
http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/30/4786008/john-mcafee-d-central-device-avoid-nsa-private-network

The gadget might sound like something straight out of a Bond movie, but McAfee wants to build it and sell it for less than $100. "There will be no way [for the government] to tell who you are or where you are," McAfee says. Effectively, it works by creating small private networks that act as a dark web that's inaccessible to others. McAfee says he has been planning the technology for a few years, but work on the project has intensified "rapidly" over the past few months. It's not designed to replace the internet; instead it provides a localized dynamic network where users can communicate in private and share files. It will provide a private and public mode, and McAfee says he's planning to use public nodes too.

Discuss:  Is the guy still high on drugs or will he save the internet?

Pages:
Jump to: