Pages:
Author

Topic: Just a thought: this is the result of the bear market for almost 2 years. - page 2. (Read 2078 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht

This is why I think the bitcoin market is totally disconnected from reality. This on it's own is worst than all events positive we've seen about bitcoin in the last couple of months, yet it's not reflected at all in the current price surge. This is why I think it's a bad time to buy now, if Russia enforces that a lot of the market's demand would disappear and support levels would diminish.

Localbitcoins volume is an insane $15,000 a day in Rubles and there isn't a Russian exchange. Hold me...

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Russia will be giving out 4-year jail terms to bitcoin users...

This is why I think the bitcoin market is totally disconnected from reality. This on it's own is worst than all events positive we've seen about bitcoin in the last couple of months, yet it's not reflected at all in the current price surge. This is why I think it's a bad time to buy now, if Russia enforces that a lot of the market's demand would disappear and support levels would diminish.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
it just occurred to me that everything in this rise is the result of most scared buyers not acting when the prices are dirt cheap.

Could be. There are regular buyers and regular sellers. The bear trend for the past 2 years is the result of shrinking demand. Regular buyers are buying less because they could be able to buy even cheaper bitcoin next week. Then a sudden small spike in demand triggers these regular buyers to buy a bit more.

I don't believe the sudden spike is caused by "good news". There aren't any really good news to be honest. Could be a general increase in adoption, could be manipulators, or the kidnapping case, I don't know. Nevertheless, casting doubts in bear supporters' minds is a good thing.

No good news? you been under a rock buddy?

Pretty much dwelling on a cave. Cheesy There are good news recently: EU deciding that bitcoin shouldn't be subjected to VAT, Gemini, halving is near, ETF and a lot more minor positive news. That could pretty much be a cover-up for the price rise recently and these news didn't affect the price directly.

Russia will be giving out 4-year jail terms to bitcoin users...
*If some reality behind China volume, Chian will follow suit when bubble pops.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
it just occurred to me that everything in this rise is the result of most scared buyers not acting when the prices are dirt cheap.

Could be. There are regular buyers and regular sellers. The bear trend for the past 2 years is the result of shrinking demand. Regular buyers are buying less because they could be able to buy even cheaper bitcoin next week. Then a sudden small spike in demand triggers these regular buyers to buy a bit more.

I don't believe the sudden spike is caused by "good news". There aren't any really good news to be honest. Could be a general increase in adoption, could be manipulators, or the kidnapping case, I don't know. Nevertheless, casting doubts in bear supporters' minds is a good thing.

Pretty much dwelling on a cave. Cheesy There are good news recently: EU deciding that bitcoin shouldn't be subjected to VAT, Gemini, halving is near, ETF and a lot more minor positive news. That could pretty much be a cover-up for the price rise recently and these news didn't affect the price directly.
Activity: 588

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1003
--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
I'm looking at the Chinese economy being the primary driver. Keep an eye on Yuan/USD exchange rates....
legendary
Cashback 15%
yea, if you weren't buying sub 300 all year its your own damn fault.

Good thing I bought when everyone else screams "BTC IS DEAD"
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
One more thing is the buyers who believes that bitcoin will be rising in the next halving. I've thought that maybe a lot of people specially those big investors are saving coins preparing for the speculated price rise unil june.
Activity: 588
yea, if you weren't buying sub 300 all year its your own damn fault.
legendary
Cashback 15%
It just came to me that since the bear market spanned for a long time (almost 2 years), it was the perfect time for bulls to accumulate and enlarge their stashes. This time, they see it perfect to do the rise since there had been a lot of good news recently. Good news = cover up for a bubble in the making. Nothing, it just occurred to me that everything in this rise is the result of most scared buyers not acting when the prices are dirt cheap.

Thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: