Author

Topic: Just-Dice.com : Invest in 1% House Edge Dice Game - page 242. (Read 435353 times)

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
did a bunch of investers take their btc out now that the house is back up to record levels? like you can make money by taking money out at the tip and buying back in at the bottom?

Should keep it to yourself. Investors getting out is good for your profit margin.

Ummm... what? How is this affecting "profit margin"?

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
right, but just so im clear, there is no investing strategy that would work like i described earlier, since the game is provably fair, there would be no way to know when the bottom or top is, right?
Right.
Activity: 375
Merit: 250
right, but just so im clear, there is no investing strategy that would work like i described earlier, since the game is provably fair, there would be no way to know when the bottom or top is, right?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
You can't kill math.
did a bunch of investers take their btc out now that the house is back up to record levels? like you can make money by taking money out at the tip and buying back in at the bottom?

Should keep it to yourself. Investors getting out is good for your profit margin.
Activity: 375
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
Not sure if it's been said quite like this... so...

MOAR GRAFZ Shocked pleasethanks

thankyou foryourtime

It's been said every which way, and I get it.  Smiley
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
It was rhetorical. Basically the entire recent bets screen was green with 2x payouts. Just something which you don't statistically see very often.

Sorry for the spam.
legendary
Can someone tell me what happened just now?

Can you be more specific?
Activity: 52
Can someone tell me what happened just now?
legendary
Word.

I'm hoping the ten millionth bet promotion will bring us another Jeffrey.  Or the same one.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007
1davout
Woot WOOT!

And a big thank you to... Jeffrey!

Tongue

Word.
Activity: 58
Woot WOOT!

And a big thank you to... Jeffrey!

Tongue
legendary
In other news over 2k BTC pulled out this morning, so everyone else's share of the bankroll will have risen over 10%.

Just in time for this action:

legendary
Variance is a bitch. After 5 days I've only seen green once, a couple of minutes. The other 200 times -yes, I'm a little anal with this thing- always red. I though that almost 10 millions bets would smooth variance, I was wrong.

10 million bets of roughly the same size would.  But 9.9 million tiny bets and 3 huge bets from TF which all won mess things up...

In other news over 2k BTC pulled out this morning, so everyone else's share of the bankroll will have risen over 10%.
Activity: 230
Variance is a bitch. After 5 days I've only seen green once, a couple of minutes. The other 200 times -yes, I'm a little anal with this thing- always red. I though that almost 10 millions bets would smooth variance, I was wrong.
And there are people leaving coinlenders saying 180% APR Cheesy
If you had not made those killing bets, investors wouldn't be so poor now!  Wink
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
And there are people leaving coinlenders saying 180% APR Cheesy
Activity: 224
You can't kill math.

Same. I saw profit for a couple days and then it was gone. Got out at a small loss and moved it to ASICMINER. Up quite a bit now (if I sell off, which I won't).
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Activity: 15
Cool. Will be appreciated.
legendary
in the 'stats' tab, in the long run, the "site is up" value should approach the value for "wagered" times the house take of 1%?
Right now that would be about 30,256BTC * .01 -> 302.56BTC.

Also, is there a way now (or a way planned) to track the history of the values in the 'stats' tab in an automated way?

That's right.  "house is up" should be 1% of amount wagered, and is currently only a little over half of that.

There's no history of those stats available yet, but in time I will provide API access to the history as well as charts on the site.
Jump to: