Pages:
Author

Topic: Just got some Xmas money, looking to invest in Crypto, what's hot right now? - page 2. (Read 2088 times)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100
To original poster:  I've done the best with the big boys, long-term - BTC and LTC, PPC.  The smaller, lesser known coins are much more volitile and you have to watch them very closely.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I'm new to this, have some time and a spare pc with a 270x gpu.

What should i mine that gives me the most profit. Fortunately i have solar panels so the powercost is neglectable for me Smiley

I've also created a nxt account that should mine (forge) without cpu power (sounds great) but how do i get some coins in that account?
Activity: 812
Merit: 587
Space Lord
DGC - great community and developers behind it and relatively cheap, I think it will explode soon.

It's a troll coin that could actually be worth something.
Activity: 524
Merit: 502
DGC - great community and developers behind it and relatively cheap, I think it will explode soon.
Space Lord
This is not cryptocointalk.org.  Angry

+1, although a lot of stuff is being discussed here.
Activity: 658
Merit: 502
Doesn't use these forums that often.
This is not cryptocointalk.org.  Angry
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Wait for LOT to be enlisted on exchanges..
Also CSC is a possible winner!
Space Lord
Bitcoin and Quark very promising for the future.
I haven't researched Quark. But could you tell me why Quark is promising?

Some people say it's promising and some call it a scam.
Best to leave it alone  Smiley
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
You can try dogecoin,its getting more popular everyday.
Merit: 503
I haven't researched Quark. But could you tell me why Quark is promising?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195
I have also read some really positive stuff about Ripple, with some predictions saying that Ripple is he future of Cryptocurrency and a Fiat lending and trading and that in essence it compliments Bitcoin perfectly and would only serve to enhance and Strengthen the Bitcoin protocol and the bitcoin currency. What are your thoughts on that?

Also, is anyone here digging Protoshares/Bitshares? I think the new Coda consortium could be a really positive thing for the Bitcoin world as it effectively groups together Mastercoin, Bitshares and Coloured Coins into a self regulating consortium made up of and linked in to a lot of Bitcoin programmers, so the support is there. Also, Mastercoin has just hit Cryptocoin Market cap in 3rd position, it looks like it means business. A lot of points made and questions asked I know, thanks for any further responses and suggestions. Anything you think is particularly hot right now? I just noticed that LTC is like up 23%, nice! (If you hold some that is)

What positive stuff? I see mainly negative and scam accusations. All altcoins have somebody saying they're the future etc.

And it's in third position on coinmarketcap because the markets are being fraudulently manipulated.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Activity: 11
Wow! Thanks for your responses guys. I have been looking into a lot of alt-coins but none are really doing it for me. I had already bought some bitcoins, when they were at a near high of $982. I wish I had of waited a week though as I could have bought in the $600+ mark. I'm kind of kicking myself that I went all in on my first trade and didn't dollar cross average over a longer period of time. I have learnt a valuable lesson though, making this trade on the high side hopefully pay off, through experience in the long run. This is my first dabble at trading and as such it's all a bit of a learning curve. I will definitely being buying more BTC but will not be making the same mistake again.

Anyway, the reason that I like Mastercoin as a concept is that it is actually built as a new protocol layer on top of the already existing Bitcoin protocol, utilising the massive hashing and network power. These points alone seem to lend Mastercoin to possibly being the next big thing in the world of bitcoin, adding additional functionality whilst utilising the immense infrastructure of the blockchain and network. I have read a lot of positive things about the potential of Mastercoin. No fans here then?

I have also set my MacBook up to 'mine' Ripples through joining the 'computing for good' program by RippleLabs. Whilst not technically mining, you get given Ripple XRP for contributing computer processing power to scientific causes. I have also read some really positive stuff about Ripple, with some predictions saying that Ripple is he future of Cryptocurrency and a Fiat lending and trading and that in essence it compliments Bitcoin perfectly and would only serve to enhance and Strengthen the Bitcoin protocol and the bitcoin currency. What are your thoughts on that?

Also, is anyone here digging Protoshares/Bitshares? I think the new Coda consortium could be a really positive thing for the Bitcoin world as it effectively groups together Mastercoin, Bitshares and Coloured Coins into a self regulating consortium made up of and linked in to a lot of Bitcoin programmers, so the support is there. Also, Mastercoin has just hit Cryptocoin Market cap in 3rd position, it looks like it means business. A lot of points made and questions asked I know, thanks for any further responses and suggestions. Anything you think is particularly hot right now? I just noticed that LTC is like up 23%, nice! (If you hold some that is)
You should buy Bitcoins Wink

Altcoins are in no way superior to BTC, have no infrastructure, literally nobody accepts them for payment.
Maybe LTC, but that's it.

That's a good point. There is a small chance that a few alt currencies will make it big - the trick is knowing which one will before it actually does  Cheesy

Only LTC has some "potential", as being one of the first, but I don't see any newer altcoins "making it".

I think Peercoin and maybe some more have more potential than LTC. Peercoin has really some new things like Proof of Stake while LTC is pretty much just a clone.
Activity: 3
My advice is to invest in bitcoins.

What is very important is that you choose a business that accepts bitcoin and SPEND some of it. This way you are helping widespread adoption, and gives merchants more confidence. That is one of the keys to success for crypto currency. If everyone bought bitcoins to hoard, there would be no value.  
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195
What makes you interested in Mastercoin and Ripple? They're apparently both scamcoins.

I agree with you on MasterCoin.

But I beg to differ on Ripple. Current USD gateway cap is $2,630,696.87 -- $2.2 million of which is held as Bitstamp USD. That's "gateway capitalization" - literally dollar funds held in the form of bitstamp USD on Ripple. It is NOT "market cap" - where you take the price of coin and multiply it by the total float, to get some outrageous number for a 2-day-old alt-scam-coin claiming the total market is worth a hundred million dollars. Just to be clear - "gateway cap" is NOT "market cap".

There seems to be a lot of info on what a scam Ripple is:

http://ripplescam.org/
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/11172/is-ripple-a-scam
Space Lord

Altcoins are in no way superior to BTC, have no infrastructure, literally nobody accepts them for payment.

That's a good point. There is a small chance that a few alt currencies will make it big - the trick is knowing which one will before it actually does  Cheesy

Only LTC has some "potential", as being one of the first, but I don't see any newer altcoins "making it".

Altough this is true, Altcoins do grow more rapidly if BTC grows. Let's take Peercoin, When BTC was 620-660, PPC was close to 3.
Now BTC is 700 and PPC is 3.7. It just grows more rapidly and therefor will give you more profit, but the risks ofcourse are higher because an altcoin doesn't have infrastructure. Same with newer coins, how newer and less known how more risk and probably more profit too.
Pages:
Jump to: