Pages:
Author

Topic: Just got some Xmas money, looking to invest in Crypto, what's hot right now? - page 3. (Read 2088 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
You should buy Bitcoins Wink

Altcoins are in no way superior to BTC, have no infrastructure, literally nobody accepts them for payment.
Maybe LTC, but that's it.

That's a good point. There is a small chance that a few alt currencies will make it big - the trick is knowing which one will before it actually does  Cheesy
Activity: 812
Merit: 587
Space Lord
You should buy Bitcoins Wink

Altcoins are in no way superior to BTC, have no infrastructure, literally nobody accepts them for payment.
Maybe LTC, but that's it.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
You've got to be careful investing in alts - lots of pointless coins.

There are a few good ones though - try Anoncoin for a start, Peercoin, Worldcoin and Feathercoin to name a few respected ones.

Make sure to do your research!
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
@Maphmatix Effectively the world of BTC is about to be universal furthermore there is a bunch of amazing opportunities.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
What makes you interested in Mastercoin and Ripple? They're apparently both scamcoins.

I agree with you on MasterCoin.

But I beg to differ on Ripple. Current USD gateway cap is $2,630,696.87 -- $2.2 million of which is held as Bitstamp USD. That's "gateway capitalization" - literally dollar funds held in the form of bitstamp USD on Ripple. It is NOT "market cap" - where you take the price of coin and multiply it by the total float, to get some outrageous number for a 2-day-old alt-scam-coin claiming the total market is worth a hundred million dollars. Just to be clear - "gateway cap" is NOT "market cap".

To the OP, whichever tickles your fancy, I highly recommend you dollar-cost average your investment over several months (6-12 months). Do not jump in head first!  Best of luck & have fun!
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195
I only recently just got my head around the technology of Bitcoin, having spent a solid 2 weeks of researching and learning and I as a result, I have become a firm believer in the amazing potential it has to offer the world.

Feeling as though I may have missed the bitcoin boat as it were is a little peeving, especially as I've been hearing about it regularly from Max and Stacy for well over a year now........but anyway, it's always easier to make calls with the benefit of hindsight.

As a result of embracing the world of Bitcoin however I am aware that there are still going to to be a whole load of amazing opportunities to get behind, ideas that complement and evolve the technology. 2 technologies that I have been looking into seriously lately are Ripple and Mastercoin. Does anyone have any good or bad things to say about these? How could I invest in either of these 2 options? Any other recommendations that I should be looking at investing a little spare cash into? All feedback and replies appreciated.

Thanks & Happy Christmas Smiley

What makes you interested in Mastercoin and Ripple? They're apparently both scamcoins.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
I only recently just got my head around the technology of Bitcoin, having spent a solid 2 weeks of researching and learning and I as a result, I have become a firm believer in the amazing potential it has to offer the world.

Feeling as though I may have missed the bitcoin boat as it were is a little peeving, especially as I've been hearing about it regularly from Max and Stacy for well over a year now........but anyway, it's always easier to make calls with the benefit of hindsight.

As a result of embracing the world of Bitcoin however I am aware that there are still going to to be a whole load of amazing opportunities to get behind, ideas that complement and evolve the technology. 2 technologies that I have been looking into seriously lately are Ripple and Mastercoin. Does anyone have any good or bad things to say about these? How could I invest in either of these 2 options? Any other recommendations that I should be looking at investing a little spare cash into? All feedback and replies appreciated.

Thanks & Happy Christmas Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: