Pages:
Author

Topic: Just woke up and BTC is OVER $134!!?? - page 2. (Read 5664 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
April 03, 2013, 05:49:11 AM
companies can see their profits grow tenfold in months if the allow bitcoins

Your posts are becoming increasingly annoying, I might get to add a second user to my ignore list soon. Of course, by acknowledging your presence I have failed, as now you have gained the attention you seek. Sigh.
i dont understand
legendary
Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018
April 03, 2013, 05:47:14 AM
We hit the irrational exhuberence stage.  Good time to cash in profits and wait for a lower price.
April 03, 2013, 05:37:52 AM
companies can see their profits grow tenfold in months if the allow bitcoins
Activity: 530
Merit: 500
April 03, 2013, 05:36:23 AM
You joined a few days ago wopwop and all you do is spam the forum with speculative garbage to cover your position. Give it a rest.

Oh sorry I forgot, you're a professional value trader.
He doesnt get my point.
Ofcourse I want Bitcoin to grow.
Just not this fast since it scares companies away.
You and me know now this is a bubble which will pop anytime soon.
No company is gonna risk there montly profit for that.
Activity: 182
Merit: 106
April 03, 2013, 05:32:50 AM
You joined a few days ago wopwop and all you do is spam the forum with speculative garbage to cover your position. Give it a rest.

Oh sorry I forgot, you're a professional value trader.
April 03, 2013, 05:31:46 AM
So now the value of a bitcoin plummets with about 20 dollars per bitcoin
x 600 (see example) = 12000 dollar.
Good stories about growth and all but do you really think comapnies are gonna switch over to Bitcoin if they can lose these amounts of money in a one hour?
Forget about it.
noob bear
Activity: 879
Merit: 1013
April 03, 2013, 05:31:10 AM
Good stories about growth and all but do you really think comapnies are gonna switch over to Bitcoin if they can lose these amounts of money in a one hour?
Forget about it.

They do not need to switch completely. They can exchange it for fiat within an hour. They can offer the old payment methods in the same time.

April 03, 2013, 05:27:39 AM
Forget about it.
April 03, 2013, 05:20:11 AM
how long does  bubbles  usually last outside of bitcoin,   in wallstreet  or what not.

No point looking outside of Bitcoin because the dynamics are different. But bubbles usually take many years to mature, and in most cases it's not seen as a bubble because real economic trade continues and masks the nature of the bubble.

Bitcoin bubble is like 1000% in a few months, and no equivalent uptick in trade? How do you explain that one? You can't.

Bubble usually burst when the man in the street is buying

We're not even close to the situation where the "street man" is buying. 99% of people I know personally are not buying Bitcoins.
I agree

Institutional money phase is starting causing huge rise to a  sustainable fundamental price
legendary
Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001
April 03, 2013, 05:19:01 AM
how long does  bubbles  usually last outside of bitcoin,   in wallstreet  or what not.

No point looking outside of Bitcoin because the dynamics are different. But bubbles usually take many years to mature, and in most cases it's not seen as a bubble because real economic trade continues and masks the nature of the bubble.

Bitcoin bubble is like 1000% in a few months, and no equivalent uptick in trade? How do you explain that one? You can't.

We're not even close to the situation where the "street man" is buying. 99% of people I know personally are not buying Bitcoins.
April 03, 2013, 05:07:22 AM
I don't like the price rising.
It makes Bitcoin unuseable right now.
Why buy a product of $100 for 1 BTC if I can buy it tommorow for 0.5 BTC?
Pure speculation... this is.

you are clearly not a professional value trader like most of us here

adapt to the future my friend, it is here and it is coming with bitcoins
No, thats right iam a programmer.
I don't understand what you mean btw.
Isn't Bitcoin the new currency everybody should use?
But now its not useable cause of the bizarre fluctuation right?
You tell me wich company wants to take the following risk:

1) They sell 2 cars.
2) Earn 600 Bitcoins
3) Next day the value plummets from $100 to $50.
4) See your day profit vaporize.

Companys simply can't take that risk right now so are not adopting it on a large scale.
Bitcoin needs to become stable and grow steady. Not like now. It's not good for Bitcoin.

It's not fluctuation, but growth, there weren't any significant downward movements for months.

Companies could easily adapt to BTC even with fluctuations (I do run a business accepting BTC). You can always convert BTC to fiat anytime you choose.

An other interesting aspect:
The fiat in my country have been suppressed by EU manipulators by a margin of 25% recently. basically it affected a lot of businesses dependent on imports. Now that is a problem.
April 03, 2013, 04:58:44 AM
I don't like the price rising.
It makes Bitcoin unuseable right now.
Pure speculation... this is.

No, thats right iam not a 'professional value trader' whatever that is. I am a programmer.
I don't understand what you mean btw.
Isn't Bitcoin the new currency everybody should use?
But now its not useable cause of the bizarre fluctuation right?
You tell me wich company wants to take the following risk:

1) They sell 2 cars.
2) Earn 600 Bitcoins
3) Next day the value plummets from $100 to $50.
4) See your day profit vaporize.

Companys simply can't take that risk right now so are not adopting it on a large scale.
Bitcoin needs to become stable and grow slowly to that $900 value your talking about.
But not like this. It's not good for Bitcoin.
Activity: 634
April 03, 2013, 04:58:28 AM

Because you can buy 1 BTC today for the price of 0.5 BTC tomorrow.

When you need to buy through BTC do it fast enough and it won't matter.
April 03, 2013, 04:55:03 AM

"men in the street" started this
legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003
April 03, 2013, 04:53:30 AM
Even a bubble at this price is safe Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
April 03, 2013, 04:51:05 AM

Activity: 462
April 03, 2013, 04:38:40 AM

[/quote]

Professional value trader? ROFL. Please stop talking.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
April 03, 2013, 04:36:14 AM
i just went from  broke to poor  all in the same day, if it rises anymore  i can eat at in n out  instead of mcdonalds.
I can relate to that. I went from pocket money to motorbike in one day. If only... IF ONLY..... ***IF ONLY***
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 03, 2013, 04:35:29 AM
sleeping is now banned!

Must get fancy acupuncture and concentrate daniel son! Smiley
April 03, 2013, 04:33:14 AM
WTF is going on? This has to be a bubble??

[just woke up too, and saw the price] - big believer in bitcoin, long term holder of bitcoin, and I really have to agree.  I expect a correction down to 100, maybe below.  This is very much a bubble.  I'm not selling, because I think long term it will rise back again, but equally I'm not going to be shocked when it drops like a stone pretty soon, all part of the eventual growth of bitcoin - it's just too soon for prices like this.  It's not good for bitcoin because it encourages hoarding rather than spending - we need more stability than this.

Will

Stability will come after wider adoption. As it has been said before, BTC have a long road to go. If it will be a success then this price is embarrassingly low (consider the market cap)

Wider adoption means more and more companies accepting it, in analogy, a better infrastructure.
Pages:
Jump to: