Pages:
Author

Topic: Keeping Passwords - page 3. (Read 868 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
September 10, 2017, 06:07:42 PM
Ideally, having a different password for each site, and remembering them in your head would be best. But honestly, in a world where each website has a different, highly specific, password policy, it is hard to keep them all in mind. For Windows, KeePass is my favourite solution as a password management tool - simple, sturdy, no-bs kind of software. Whenever possible, I also aus two factor auth, to keep as safe as possible.
Activity: 896
Merit: 504
September 10, 2017, 05:32:52 PM
keeping password in your mind - it is the best option
Activity: 234
Merit: 100
It's turtles all the way down!
September 10, 2017, 03:17:35 PM
I write all my passwords down in a book and hide it in my house. This is the safest option and I ALWAYS use MFA whether it's with Google Authenticator or text or a push notification that I simply press "Yes" or "No" to allow login. I really like the idea of those physical password drives that you have to have plugged into the computer in order to login, sounds really interesting. So you need the password and the physical drive plugged in.

Before, I used to use Dashlane for my passwords, but now that I'm on the paper method, I feel much safer. I know it can't be hacked plus I use pretty long passwords so I guess it's a good way to keep my typing skills up.  Grin
Activity: 261
Merit: 250
September 10, 2017, 02:21:24 PM
I think it was Vitalik who suggested the only safe way to keep a private key was to remember it - suggesting passwords are safest in your head.
Activity: 575
Merit: 100
800 chaturbate tk on sale
September 10, 2017, 11:42:44 AM
With so many different websites and tools needing userid and password, what tools do you use to 'safekeep' your password accesses?
i use lastpass. I know that this is not very safe, but convenient. KeePass more safe than lastpass, but convenient(
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Life is but a dream within a dream
September 10, 2017, 09:36:44 AM
With so many different websites and tools needing userid and password, what tools do you use to 'safekeep' your password accesses?

Pages:
Jump to: