Pages:
Author

Topic: Kids today are spoiled with their gaming computers! - page 3. (Read 2288 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
SSD's are just too expensive for me to justify right now, I know everybody keeps annoyingly swearing by them but honestly, as I said, you guys have no idea how slow my processor is, that's going to be the biggest improvement and as far as I'm concerned the only necessary improvement, the extra RAM will help plenty too. Spending such an amount of money on an SSD drive that isn't even that large just to shave a few seconds off the loading times doesn't sit right with me as you've seen me demonstrate It takes 5 minutes to load Battlefield currently so I'm more than happy with the idea of being able to load it in less than 30 seconds.

Going by the youtube benchmarks other games should load even faster, so yeah, I'm not bothered about SSD, talk to me in a year or two when 1TB SSD's are the same price as HDDs and I'll have probably bought one.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
I think the best improvement over your old system (other than the RAM and processor) would be the hard drive.  An SSD can do wonders with old games, esp ones that have thousands of bitmaps to load, like Call of Duty.

Did you get an SSD on this new computer?
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
lol!

But Seriously, I was on Battlefield 4 and mentioned the new processor I was getting and as expected there was at least one that bitched about how it wouldn't make much of a difference, then I mentioned the fact I had been playing with a dual core processor for about five years and there was an "Oh" and immediate silence.

No wonder games aren't optomised anymore, some people are just so used to quad cores and more they don't fucking see the point!

fyi, these will be my new specs as of Monday, I actually can't wait and I'm curled up in a ball right now having withdrawal because I'll be able to play Star Citizen at max settings if I get everything installed.

Processor: AMD FX8350 8 Core 4.0ghz
Graphics Card: HD Radeon 6970 MSI Lightning ( Switching in the graphics card because it's still plenty powerful for what I need to do )
RAM: 8GB

previous specifications:

Processor: Intel Core Duo 3.0ghz
Graphics Card: HD Radeon 6970 MSI Lightning
RAM: 4GB

To put this in perspective for the foetuses who won't understand why this will be such a life changer for me, currently a game of Battlefield 4 can take up to 5 minutes to load, according to some benchmark videos I looked at the shiny new 8 core processor I'm getting will make it so that the loading time is only up to 26 seconds, adding to that, I will no longer need to turn off my wallets to save processing power for my gaming or loading up anything else that takes awhile because of course I will have have an extra spare 4 processors chugging away in the background instead. So I'm actually going to be more productive now in my work because I'm not sitting around forever waiting for anything to fucking load! Also my games won't crash as easily so that will mean a lot less stress in general, unless of course the coding is still crap, but then I can officially blame the game at that point.

Anyone else getting a new computer for Christmas? Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: