Pages:
Author

Topic: kii552007_alt Computer Hardware Scammer - page 2. (Read 605 times)

Activity: 933
Merit: 175
March 05, 2018, 04:17:25 AM
Cliff has not replied to the report on PayPal nor has he responded to my Skype messages. There is a good chance he is in a place with no Internet, or dead.

Same here. He's got time until 8 March to respond, they PayPal will step in and soon after I will have my money back.
Activity: 56
Merit: 115
Lowest EVER interest lending! (Use escrow always)
March 05, 2018, 12:19:59 AM
Cliff has not replied to the report on PayPal nor has he responded to my Skype messages. There is a good chance he is in a place with no Internet, or dead.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1123
March 05, 2018, 12:06:11 AM
I will note that the paypal name appeared as Cliffstudio and the email was [email protected]
First email I got from OP was [email protected] the second payment through the partner was to [email protected]
[email protected] is the email I got the PayPal invoice from and paid the fund for the order to.

Alright, well it seems that within a very short period we have expanded from two Paypals, to three. I'm wondering if the scammer was considering just using multiple Paypal's to conduct their scams, until they realized it would be easier to have a single partner. This could be why there are multiple emails, but the one email certainly stands out as the outlier ([email protected]). This payment email doesn't seem to be linked anywhere else as far as I can tell. Are there any other payment emails used? Multiple payment emails definitely isn't a good sign.

Has anyone's tracking numbers updated? Has the partner heard from the scammer yet? Are there any reports of anyone actually receiving their gear?
Activity: 655
Merit: 504
You wan chili saus?
March 04, 2018, 10:28:02 PM
First email I got from OP was [email protected] the second payment through the partner was to [email protected]

[email protected] is the email I got the PayPal invoice from and paid the fund for the order to.
Activity: 289
Merit: 107
March 04, 2018, 12:57:09 PM
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036
March 04, 2018, 11:30:24 AM
Sorry for the late info; been busy here is a screenshot of payment via paypal and refunds, as well as a link describing my experience.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.30567418

https://imgur.com/0Dam2PF

Sorry I can't get more pictures up at the moment. This shows the payments beginning and the subsequent refunds. In the end all funds were refunded. After the first full payment a refund was sent and 3 smaller invoices were issued to, in theory remove the hold on funds Paypal had in place. In the end Paypal never released the funds and I had to file a dispute due to lack of communication from OP.

All pricing and funds for my order were dealt with in CAD, not sure how everyone else got priced or if the numbers matched up.

Post if anyone needs or wants further information; I am going to be on vacay for the next week so it will not bee until then. I did save some emails and pm's. I will note that the paypal name appeared as Cliffstudio and the email was [email protected]
March 03, 2018, 08:32:04 PM
As far as I can see the PayPal email the scammer used has been long since associated with the scammer and not the partner

Care to share what you are looking at with the rest of the class? None of the Paypal emails have been made public, or at least have not been compiled into this thread. I don't know if that is considered doxing or what, but if you could even explain the evidence without giving away any personal information so that we know whether or not it is an avenue worth exploring.

He has scammed me of $300 too.

It would be more beneficial if you clarified your story, details about dates and what was agreed upon. Including where the deal went wrong would be fantastic, have they threatened you in anyway? Someone mentioned they were threatening people earlier and I'm wondering if we can get anyone with proof of this to come forward.

There were 2 different PayPal emails.

I'm assuming he was using his own at the beginning, but I am unsure if there even is a partner or if this was simply their explanation for having a second Paypal account with another identity. Unless you are saying that both Paypals have been being used to scam in an intertwined manner for awhile, is that the case?

He was to buy a camera for me on Amazon and I paid him. He kept stalling, at first there were large delays between messages, then suddenly he stopped replying. I can still see him going on and off on Skype. His PayPal email matches his real identity
March 03, 2018, 08:19:44 PM
The OP as far as I can tell only took a couple of smaller payments and then said he had hit his limit or something along those lines and referred payments to his partner, so the partner is on the hook for the majority of the money.

According to the partner he used Skrill to transfer money to OP to buy cards. If that is true then the OP pulled the perfect scam. He got someone else to assume liability for any fraud that takes place and can walk away relatively unscathed. I had $750 paid to the OP and $2k to the partner for different orders. The OP has ceased communication but I am still in consistent conversations with the partner via Skype.
legendary
March 03, 2018, 01:48:09 PM
As far as I can see the PayPal email the scammer used has been long since associated with the scammer and not the partner

Care to share what you are looking at with the rest of the class? None of the Paypal emails have been made public, or at least have not been compiled into this thread. I don't know if that is considered doxing or what, but if you could even explain the evidence without giving away any personal information so that we know whether or not it is an avenue worth exploring.

He has scammed me of $300 too.

It would be more beneficial if you clarified your story, details about dates and what was agreed upon. Including where the deal went wrong would be fantastic, have they threatened you in anyway? Someone mentioned they were threatening people earlier and I'm wondering if we can get anyone with proof of this to come forward.

There were 2 different PayPal emails.

I'm assuming he was using his own at the beginning, but I am unsure if there even is a partner or if this was simply their explanation for having a second Paypal account with another identity. Unless you are saying that both Paypals have been being used to scam in an intertwined manner for awhile, is that the case?
March 01, 2018, 11:51:23 AM
There were 2 different PayPal emails. One supposedly belonged to the OP but he hit a limit and the partner took the rest of the payments.
March 01, 2018, 10:28:19 AM
From what I've gathered about kebabman's story and what the partner has publicly posted there may be some truth coming from the partner. It might be the case that the partner is being scammed too; if the two have not met in person and there is no "collateral" between them then there is a high chance that after the funds have been withdrawn from Paypal and Moneygram'd that there will be little to no contact between the scammer and their "partner". It might be unfortunate, but the partner may be correct in that they will be taking the brunt of the blow here. I would like to hear more from them, because it's possible that kii552007_alt used their partner as a meat shield to make sure that all the problems fall onto them.

Thank you ibminer for helping us tag them until we figure out what's up.

March 01, 2018, 10:27:40 AM
He has scammed me of $300 too. I have reversed the payment and sent proof to PayPal. I suggest everyone here do the same
legendary
February 28, 2018, 04:23:40 PM
From what I've gathered about kebabman's story and what the partner has publicly posted there may be some truth coming from the partner. It might be the case that the partner is being scammed too; if the two have not met in person and there is no "collateral" between them then there is a high chance that after the funds have been withdrawn from Paypal and Moneygram'd that there will be little to no contact between the scammer and their "partner". It might be unfortunate, but the partner may be correct in that they will be taking the brunt of the blow here. I would like to hear more from them, because it's possible that kii552007_alt used their partner as a meat shield to make sure that all the problems fall onto them.

Thank you ibminer for helping us tag them until we figure out what's up.
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
February 28, 2018, 02:11:38 PM
I've left feedback for awareness.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
February 28, 2018, 01:35:47 PM
I have no direct evidence as his victims have only told me they were threatened by him. The person who was willing to share his chat was not threatened so I have no direct evidence of his threats.
Activity: 655
Merit: 504
You wan chili saus?
February 28, 2018, 01:15:48 PM
Similar story here;

- ordered 10x Sapphire Nitro+ RX580s for $3500 and paid via PayPal on 2/19

Quote from: invoice terms
Assuming payment is made on 2/19/18, the Seller agrees that the purchased items will be shipped on 2/24/18 via EMS (International Express Mail Service), and Cliff Studio will provide a tracking number to the Buyer as soon as possible. The shipment will be sent from Taiwan. The estimated, but not guaranteed, delivery time is 5-7 days and can vary based on shipping service. Both parties agree that returns are not accepted, and all transactions are final.

- received tracking number EE775534246TW on 2/24
- last contact with kii552007_alt on 2/26 when I asked for an update on why the tracking number hadn't moved, he replied with the following

Hello, I'm picking up an item for my another trade in another city right now, I will send you the shipping info once back home
However, I have the photos for your items here:
https://imgur.com/a/TAlMB
Thanks.

- opened PayPal dispute 2/27, was immediately replied to on the dispute by the guy who sent the PayPal invoice who claimed to be the OPs partner offered to Skype to explain
- had a conversation with him, he seemed honest to me but at the end of the day it's still just words, I suggested he posted what he had told me on BTCtalk to update the thread with his side of the story which he did with this profile https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/atrd-1854909

Seems to me like either this is a scam, and while annoying my $3.5k is gonna be tied up for a few weeks I'll get my money back via PayPal from the partner, who ends up screwed by the OP as he's basically withdrawn the funds from his PayPal and then MoneyGram'd / WesterUnion'd the money to the OP, or it's not a scam and the OP is just slow and very bad at owning up to the fact he's over promised.

legendary
February 28, 2018, 01:09:40 PM
Thanks looperjack and quick1unc for sharing your experiences and what evidence you can provide. I haven't heard a single user claim to have received anything from this user. The only interactions I've heard take place are promises of refunds, lies, fake tracking numbers, nonsensical explanation, schemes to revoke buyer protection and avoidance. I expect more users to come forward and share their evidence/stories. kii552007_alt has received $1000's from users that are now in dispute. Do you have evidence that they are threatening their victims?

This user has claimed to be the partner of kii552007_alt:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/atrd-1854909 - ATRD

If this goes south, might as well hold everyone that is self-admittedly involved accountable.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
February 28, 2018, 01:01:14 PM
He's been threatening some of his victims, but I managed to get someone to share screenshots of chat from the time dealing on upwork.

https://imgur.com/a/oJ8Fg
As you can see, the guy was suppose to delivery by Feb 1, but Feb 4 and no response.

Like I said on the other thread, his upwork profile got banned on desktop, but here's a screenshot of what it looked like. And just like I said, he placed 1st in English and his posts show it.
https://imgur.com/ASdhjoA

Here's a link to another forum where he's been scamming people and people are warning others not to deal with him if it helps any.
https://w.ebptt.com/b/soho/M.1505379421.A.3C0.html
February 28, 2018, 11:29:15 AM
Figured id add mine to the list. I purchased 7 1070ti’s from OP with over $3k ties up and paid via PayPal/credit card.

First cards were supposed to ship on Friday and I received an EMS number that has yet to track. Second batch OP provided picture of 5 cards on counter with time stamped paper with his and my name on it as well as new EMS tracking. That one isn’t tracking yet either.

I have Spoken to OP extensively over the past week via Skype with no issues and he provided me numerous photos of cards but never was able to provide photos of the cards in shipping packaging to show the cards outside of the store, so he never proved to me that the cards were purchased.

I have also been in contact with OP’s partner but still have no proof that either of the tracking numbers are legit. I have opened up paypa claim in the meantime.
legendary
February 27, 2018, 09:59:08 PM
Awesome. Super glad to hear that you paid with PayPal. I hope no one bought with crypto, but I mean of course these scams happened on bitcointalk so that's unlikely.

It's funny actually, earlier in their sales thread I asked if they were accepting crypto or escrow; the answer to both was no and it was immediately strange and alarming. I don't know why they refused to accept Crypto, and maybe they responded differently through PM, - at least publicly they refused to accept it for their Hardware and so I can only hope that everybody has means of recourse and reversal.
Pages:
Jump to: