Pages:
Author

Topic: Know when to buy and hold - page 10. (Read 1188 times)

legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
January 13, 2022, 07:31:34 AM
I don't know about you but for me I will only hold coins for long term if we see a unforgiving bear market ( better buying opportunity ), I believe bear market hold the key to long term holding, I can't buy coins at high price sorry ( present market is buying at high price) and decide to hold for years, I will only buy now to sell later ( short term ).. stupid idea? Let's hear your thoughts

Makes sense. You want to buy things when they are cheap so you can sell for a bigger profit. Why buy at the peak and hope for a price rise when you can buy at the bottom and get much much bigger potential returns? Warren Buffett has a name for this strategy: "Buy Low Sell High." It makes me sad to see that many noobs are doing the exact opposite. So, congratz for figuring this out.

Here is a quick trading guide which every trader must know:

Code:
1- Buy low sell high
2- Always remember rule #1
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530
January 13, 2022, 07:27:00 AM
I don't know about you but for me I will only hold coins for long term if we see a unforgiving bear market ( better buying opportunity ), I believe bear market hold the key to long term holding, I can't buy coins at high price sorry ( present market is buying at high price) and decide to hold for years, I will only buy now to sell later ( short term ).. stupid idea? Let's hear your thoughts

Only very few succeed in timing and predicting the market. That's why success for most lies in long-term hodling. Nevertheless, I would always follow big whales and replicate their buying behavior. For example, if an address already owns 1k Bitcoins and buys at a price of 42k even for several million USD, then you have to assume that the whale knows what (s)he is doing and that the market will soon turn again.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 612
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
January 13, 2022, 07:06:37 AM
It really is up to an individual and how the way he looks at the market.

I don't mind holding long term I have tried it since 2016 but when it started plummeting in early 2018, I also dump my coins. Two years I think is a very long time for a coin holder to just keep the coins in the wallet. That's when I learn I think short-term hold is a lot better for I can find ways and increase the coins I am holding by accumulating than just waiting for the value to go up to its ATH.
Activity: 966
Merit: 111
January 13, 2022, 06:29:56 AM
I want to believe that you think the market will dump back to $3k Bitcoin price like back in 2018  Grin Grin Grin what is the high price you are talking about? Bitcoin just literally fell to about $39k just days ago, you defiantly going to wait for a long long time for that price you are hoping to see which you might not see again because if you are actually planing for the long term, then this market price shouldn't be an issue for entry.
Yep, this market price should not be an issue. I already decide to hold some crypto for long term and buy more when it's going down.

But you can decide to buy when bitcoin will dump let's say 5k 10k or 20k$. All is up to you.
the problem is
Will the market follow your buying area? no body know Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 1344
Merit: 565
January 13, 2022, 05:34:04 AM
I want to believe that you think the market will dump back to $3k Bitcoin price like back in 2018  Grin Grin Grin what is the high price you are talking about? Bitcoin just literally fell to about $39k just days ago, you defiantly going to wait for a long long time for that price you are hoping to see which you might not see again because if you are actually planing for the long term, then this market price shouldn't be an issue for entry.
Activity: 181
Merit: 14
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
January 13, 2022, 03:31:28 AM
Pages:
Jump to: