Pages:
Author

Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD - page 3. (Read 41077 times)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 105
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON
July 07, 2019, 05:29:06 PM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

if I think, the best choice if the price of the coin that has been invested down is hold until the price rises and gives a profit, but after you get a profit of 20-30% then it is the right time for you to sell the coin, because I'm sure after the price rises very high there will definitely be a price correction, so you better sell the coin and buyback when corrections occur to make you can get a lot of profits.
Activity: 686
Merit: 11
July 07, 2019, 03:20:39 PM
Exactly what I need,  there are countless of coins i have been holding which currently amounts to almost zero. What caused this is too many holding decision. I have got to advise myself moving forward.
Activity: 250
Merit: 10
July 07, 2019, 09:24:23 AM
the best reason to stop holding the assets I have is an advantage. we all have achievement targets, when it has been achieved I think I feel enough. there is also a decline, because I myself cannot wait too long for assets that do not have market developments. they must be sold for assets that are more active in the market.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
July 07, 2019, 08:56:08 AM
In the world of cryptocurrency, you should always keep abreast of and monitor the market.  as soon as some sharp and big growth begins or vice versa, a fall needs to be quickly responded and think over how the market will behave in the future this all comes with experience, but I think in the initial stages when you invest small coins you can practice this.
Activity: 658
July 07, 2019, 08:52:59 AM
The investment that will be used when we step up to have results from our tendencies as each time we hold for the results we will need it for the long term, but the results are also difficult to consume to some other parties
Activity: 199
Merit: 3
July 07, 2019, 07:35:35 AM
Yes. All of this is not just about holding, but what I think now is how they work in the success of the project, so that investors can attend.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 263
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
July 07, 2019, 05:52:37 AM
When we have owned them at the best price possible.  That can be done in bear market.  Please pay attention to the community holding the crypto, please observe the Bitcoin, ETH value chart.  It's really stupid to keep them forever, I lost a lot of money in 2018. So be careful with Bear Market.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
July 07, 2019, 05:35:15 AM
that's right, I think the same as you. when you already have the advantage of your investment, you must stop holding and take advantage of your investment and try to invest in other coin coins.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
July 07, 2019, 05:29:50 AM
You only stop a HODL when you are at break even or in a major profit, hopefully very soon for me on HST decision token
We should buy at lower price and sell at higher price but it always may not happen as only few people might be able to buy at lower price and sell at higher price but we should buy at a reasonable price and sell when we made our desired profit.
Activity: 42
Merit: 1
July 07, 2019, 05:24:17 AM
You only stop a HODL when you are at break even or in a major profit, hopefully very soon for me on HST decision token
Activity: 966
Merit: 254
July 07, 2019, 05:21:59 AM
The best strategy is to secure your profits in BTC.
So if your altcoin become more profitable than BTC, then sell a part of it and buy BTC. Still you will hold cryptocurrencies, but less risky.  Cool
Activity: 588
Merit: 18
July 07, 2019, 05:01:33 AM
All coin are created based on it own potential usage and time period of used, then the first thing to think about investment is to take look of the roadmap, which can give you some hint when the project is going to publish, at that point in time you need to hold for a short period, when it has value.
Activity: 742
July 07, 2019, 02:45:57 AM
I'm feel it , but different is I'm received from bounty payment.. Its same energy like loss your investment you know..
Almost loss around 1000$ because hodl some ERC20 tokens / coins too long.. And also I miss some swapping tokens/coins , it hurts
Because I already joined so much crypto projects and just keeping track on few of them all.. Makes me dizzy if I'm monitoring them all.
But that my bad experience of hodl assets , hopefully didn't happen again now and I can learn from my past experience
Activity: 784
Merit: 101
July 07, 2019, 02:10:43 AM
this is very dependent on the altcoin being held, because it is very difficult to determine when the coin price will stop rising, and when the coin price will stop decreasing, what must be done is to continue to monitor the coin movement and the development of the project behind the coin
Activity: 2520
Merit: 214
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
July 07, 2019, 02:04:59 AM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
We all have different perspectives in investing or in profiteering here specially when talking about holding and selling and that must be cleared from the moment we put our money to each coin we wanted to trust

Like me,I am not into whatever the price for today or tomorrow (ofcourse for bitcoin only)because I believe in this coin and I know that in the next 3-5 years this can bring me to become millionaire so there’s no pushing this early
Activity: 961
Merit: 269
CryptoDirectories.com
July 07, 2019, 01:52:51 AM

What are your thoughts?
yes your investment is your responsibility and you need to act wisely
holding long term is not applicable in every coin and if you plan to hold long term you need to buy coin with solid foundation
before investing you need to learn about it and look if the coin really have good potential to grow someday.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
July 07, 2019, 12:55:04 AM
It is always better to cut loss or take profit. That will control unforeseeable price movements that will only result to you gaining too little or losing big. Especially after a very strong pump, brace yourself for a strong correction as well. That is expected. So rather than be greedy and try to take every satoshi of possible profit, be contented and take your profit or capital. I recommend to take capital and decide for yourself what to do with the profit. You could hold it for a longer time.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014
July 06, 2019, 09:09:06 PM
In fact you should have your opinion and never just trust some advice and blindly repeat guru's actions. But that's difficult, newbies are the ones who lose everything usually.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
July 06, 2019, 07:38:16 PM
Everyone must know when to stop loss because crypto is not stable as far as am concern, i have learnt that in crypto anything can actually happen because it is volatile.I just hope we can be smart in our decision.
Activity: 661
Merit: 251
July 06, 2019, 07:32:22 PM

What are your thoughts?

It is truly not about holding but being smart about it. Everyone in cryptocurrency is a holder but the duration of hold is what separates us all. This art is what everyone needs to learn to function effectively in the space
Pages:
Jump to: