Pages:
Author

Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD - page 4. (Read 41077 times)

Activity: 431
Merit: 18
July 06, 2019, 07:21:49 PM
Holding cryptocurrencies blindly is the fastest way to loose your money. A host of different things can happen tasty will devalue coins in question so it is important to always have a holding strategy both for the major coins and the lower capped altcoins.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
June 30, 2019, 01:35:24 PM
There are many factors,one of them is what kind of project you hold,altcoin or bitcoin? and how much did profits,and how many sank for the last time,issota of these data,you will become clear what you can do in principle in the near future to expect,as there are projects which are in principle already possible to sell and not to hold
Activity: 756
Merit: 14
June 30, 2019, 01:29:29 PM
Its dangerous to sell off a good coin or token with potential just because you've hold for long ,you need to stay updated with the teams and make sure the teams are delivering what's stated on their roadmap before you can let go or you might end up making big mistake
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000
June 30, 2019, 11:26:08 AM
Once the price of the coin you hold gone to the bottom, you won't have any option than to hold it because you will loss if you sell it.
This is why we must know the sign when we have to sell it before too late.
Most peoples usually don't want to sell it at loss, but we should be able to do it to avoid the bigger loss later.

I'd rather lose money than sell a coin for nothing. After all, if it ever grows up, I may regret the sale. Why would I cents now if I can in the future earn a lot.

Yes, if one of our coin becomes worthless, why we should sell it. Hold is the only choice. While on the other case, one of our coin soaring, we may stop hold if we are satisfied enough with the profit we've got.
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
June 30, 2019, 11:06:23 AM
Yes, you always need to act wisely. There is nothing wrong with the fact that a trader decides to hold a promising coin for 1, 3 or 5 years. But when a trader's portfolio consists of 20, 30, 60 shitcoins, which now cost a penny, then this is sad. And of course this should not be allowed.
- always a reasonable approach to the purchase of coins;
- don't buy a lot of coins for which you just don't have time to keep track;
- if you bought a coin, then determine the exact point of sale. If the coin doesn't reach this point and you will see that the overall market situation is deteriorating, don't be afraid to quickly sell the coin;
- if you are going to hold a coin, then make sure that this is a really great project and watch it constantly, so as not to miss important news that may affect its further development.
Activity: 700
Merit: 100
June 30, 2019, 07:41:05 AM
Yes, it is important to stop at the right moment. If you stop hold and switch to trading/IEO investment, then you can earn on this activity and hodl is becoming useless for you
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
June 30, 2019, 07:31:51 AM
Once the price of the coin you hold gone to the bottom, you won't have any option than to hold it because you will loss if you sell it.
Most peoples usually don't want to sell it at loss, but we should be able to do it to avoid the bigger loss later.

I'd rather lose money than sell a coin for nothing. After all, if it ever grows up, I may regret the sale. Why would I cents now if I can in the future earn a lot.
If you can earn a lot by your holding item then there is no reason to sell your holding item it is better to hold that if you think it may give you good return. But if you think it may goes lower and lower then there is no reason for holding that.
Activity: 784
Merit: 256
Binance #Smart World Global Token
June 29, 2019, 02:55:14 PM

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
June 29, 2019, 02:03:25 PM
You should hold on positive market and also you should sell when market goes to negative and there is chance to remain lowest rate for long time. Better to use stop loss.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
June 25, 2019, 10:32:08 PM
I think hodl is only intended for potential altcoins or coins, and is relevant to the newbies. Hodl ahould atop when the price of what you hold has no longer increasing activity, if it is continously decreasing it is the time to stop for hold and trade it even for a less profit or less deficit, by that you refrain for a big lost.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 251
Hexhash.xyz
June 25, 2019, 10:19:26 PM
copper member
Activity: 995
June 25, 2019, 02:08:39 PM
There is no definite schedule. When to stop and when to buy. I am always guided by the market and on schedule. How he behaves. And then I already draw conclusions better of course to sell before the fall begins.

Yes, there are no clear strategies. Today is your project in the top. And you're on a horse. Tomorrow the project made an unacceptable mistake and investors refused it.
Activity: 250
Merit: 12
Support Guru
June 25, 2019, 02:06:35 PM
Anyone still HODLing ChaincoinGrin

In my experience it's been very dangerous to HODL anything other than Bitcoin... I've had to learn to accept the loss on a bad trade and just move on to the next one.
Also, it's important to recognize a scam as early as possible and get out!

I still have a Bittrex account that I don't use anymore which is -98% from ATH - never again.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
June 25, 2019, 01:53:02 PM
There is no definite schedule. When to stop and when to buy. I am always guided by the market and on schedule. How he behaves. And then I already draw conclusions better of course to sell before the fall begins.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
June 25, 2019, 01:47:34 PM
No method of learned representing confident, I aloof try to deal little total when the marketplace goes up and purchase when it goes consume.
Activity: 31
June 25, 2019, 12:50:31 PM
Bearer furthermore requires to get a plenty of feel, whether you try to mastery defunct altcoin, your assets property desire presently move ahead to nil. You require to cautiously appropriate altcoin and pursue up regularly, positive you You require to pament interest to the common condition of the marketplace so you buoy abbreviate release in age
Activity: 8
June 25, 2019, 12:41:21 PM
I assume 't get sufficiency ability to regularly and successfully commerce in the marketplace. So in nearly casings I actually incline towards to aloof mastery and follow. Although occasionally it's extremely hard to hold yourself from marketing.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 288
June 25, 2019, 12:35:16 PM
That's one of the challenge lots of people in crypto world are facing,  the market is more or less unpredictable to the extent that it's a little bit harder to know when to hold and sell,  the price of bitcoin might just turn everything upside down to the extent that one might get confused till he is being dumped on
Activity: 9
June 25, 2019, 12:22:32 PM
In the disadvantageous I achieve not deal, just whether later 5 age my resources was profitless - I'm set to deal it. Investment is not a thing of single workweek. Hither we require big - scurf computation and panorama representing at littlest 5 age.
Activity: 123
June 24, 2019, 12:04:20 PM
Reading the market is honestly easy, it does take time to learn that skill but after you do it then you start seeing patterns and be like "yea that's dropping". So my advice is learn the market before trading and also have a website like Switch.ag or similar where you can trade between +150 alts including stable tokens to minimize your loss or give you a break in the market, i say this because with this kind of site you trade and exchange your token for other tokens to trade and in a really fast process without waiting for having orders up, plus you don't need an account.

Until dex exchanges got enough volume i recommend this.
Pages:
Jump to: