Pages:
Author

Topic: Knowledge to help you argue with bitcoin critics - page 2. (Read 285 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 521
Newbies, if you want to start learning bitcoin, it is important for you to protect yourself in time from various information garbage and all sorts of speculations related to bitcoin and its technology. For 14 years of its existence, bitcoin has grown a lot of myths, which are still actively broadcast in the space. Don't get caught in the web of myths and speculation. In any discussions related to criticizing bitcoin, it is important to arm yourself with knowledge. For this purpose, I will recommend you a good set of services and articles that will help you understand everything.

Honestly i found this thread very interesting to help beginners have more insight about bitcoin and how an average bitcoiner could perfectly engage criticism from others who are ready to argue their way out with every bitcoin users, if we csn really learn from this, then there will be no much to fear about in giving response to critics on bitcoin who are ready to drag to an extent with you their oen stance on bitcoin, also some newbies needs direction on learning about bitcoin and where to start which i also see this as a helpful threads they can get recommendation on.
Activity: 490
Merit: 308
People are easily influenced and corrupted when they don't have proper knowledge on what they are practically involving themselves and this is the same case with bitcoin. As bitcoin is fast growing they are so many people and nations already against its adoption because of its decentralised nature which prevents any central body from controlling it making it a hate project for many government body but those who know it's true value are still adopting it. So as a newbie it's only proper to fully equipt oneself against these hates.
Activity: 504
Merit: 283
An individual with the knowledge of inflation and currency devaluation especially if they are from a country that is not doing so well economically, can easily argue with any critic from a practical and real life application point of view about how bitcoin adoption improves the economic prospects of a country using El Salvador as a case study. There's so much that country has achieved in a year that would make great points.
Activity: 462
Merit: 145
Just like the pastor in church will tell us that knowledge of the scriptures will help us against the devil, Knowledge about bitcoins will help you to be able to decipher a bad and wrong information about bitcoin when heard. Getting into an argument because you have knowledge is not really worth the energy when you notice that the person who you are wanting to correct does not want to accept correction. The knowledge that you have is more to help not to get deceived, not for you to get into an argument with.

Activity: 2380
Merit: 251
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
This link covers most of the speculated topics against Bitcoin in general so it will be really useful for anyone who wants to grow their knowledge to counter bitcoin haters. Smiley

Especially for the people who say bitcoin mining is bad for the environment and this Cambridge University's Updated Bitcoin Electricity Consumption Index Reveals Lower Energy Consumption update serves as where the bitcoin mining usage stands and its compared to what even though it is somewhat inaccurate still it shows which we can compare with and how governments are exaggerating and blaming bitcoin for mistakes they are making.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
Anyone that knows about the knowledge of demand and supply and also understand the principle of how assets are increasing in price due to increase in demand will like bitcoin and able to defend that it is an asset with limited supply of just 21 million BTC. For people to understand about bitcoin against critics, reading the bitcoin white paper can be the start.

https://bitcoin.org/en/bitcoin-paper
Activity: 350
Merit: 335
You are right and I truly think the newbies need the right information so they don't get distracted. However, as for the caption of the post, I don't see any need for newbies to engage in argument with critics.

What the newbies need is to get the knowledge that will sensible them build their faith in Bitcoin. This faith will protect them from every negative posts and discouragement. Remember,  "if you are informed, you cannot be deformed"
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Knowledge is certainly the best way to survive in this ecosystem.

Personally,  the book Mastering Bitcoin changed completely the way I see it, and it was an amazing introduction to what bitcoin is.

It is free and available ar github.com

https://github.com/bitcoinbook/bitcoinbook/
staff
Activity: 2436
Merit: 2347
Newbies, if you want to start learning bitcoin, it is important for you to protect yourself in time from various information garbage and all sorts of speculations related to bitcoin and its technology. For 14 years of its existence, bitcoin has grown a lot of myths, which are still actively broadcast in the space. Don't get caught in the web of myths and speculation. In any discussions related to criticizing bitcoin, it is important to arm yourself with knowledge. For this purpose, I will recommend you a good set of services and articles that will help you understand everything.

Pages:
Jump to: