Pages:
Author

Topic: [KOBO] Kobocoin - An African peer to peer payment/micropayment system - page 28. (Read 127511 times)

legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa
Definitely

I've been reading upon smart contracts (good link). They're some way off although crypto dice games are sort of there already (in a very loose way!).

Just connected with Roman Mandeleil, CEO/Founder of ether camp and Project Lead for EthereumJ. They're doing some very interesting things. They've got an IDE. I'll see how easy it is to use.

I have a sync'd ethereum node now. Reminds me of NXT (so far). I'm sure they're very different under the covers.
legendary
Thanks guys

That's a very interesting idea integrating the kobo blockchain with the eth blockchain. If I knew how that would work I'd definitely give it a try. Is such a thing possible?? Does anyone know if this can be achieved (and how)? I guess first step is to find out if there's an eth toolkit that can be used for such an operation.
Activity: 404
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
I back TheTribesman and his efforts here. There are not many devs in Cryptoland who stay true to their project through the good and bad times!

Keep it up buddy, your doing a good job!
legendary
Thanks everyone for the positive comments. All the comments are valid. The network is still stable and running (and still faster than most Grin). It is a good idea to look at the direction of kobo. The downside is that I'm doing this on my own (which makes motivation hard when so much else is going on). I'm flying up to Edinburgh on a Monday evening, working like a dog, then flying back down to London on Thursday, then dealing with family and home life. Every week. It's tiring. Kobo Tech keeps failing once in a while and things are requiring rebuilds etc. I want to get started on the news reader but I've still not done it. I'm knackered! I've automated twitter though which has already increased followers and interest from the twitter end, but yes, so much more to do.

Developing crypto stuff is even more tiring. I would like to take the core services in a direction that makes it more appealing. Smart contracts, internet of things etc is good, but it would be even better to develop a toolkit that allows anyone to develop a smart contract service on the kobo network, or integrate their 'things' into the kobo network. I personally can't develop a toolkit (I don't have that skills to attempt such a thing), but if anyone knows someone who can, then PM me. I'd be happy to work with an uber developer to start getting these things implemented.

I agree that it has to be marketed and real world uses have to be found, but it has to have a constant momentum. You can market kobo ferociously for an entire year but the moment you stop marketing it, the interest will wane. The vicious circle is valid. Without trading interest no-one in the real world will give it a look. Most people what to know how to get from kobo to fiat, and that requires trading volume, which requires a constant marketing drive (I guess).

I haven't got started on the newsreader yet but I will. It just needs to be forked, configured with the same feeds I'm using for the twitter feed (plus a few others), and then merged with the wallet code. I also want to add crypto price features as well (but don't want to swamp the fact that it's ultimately a crypto wallet).

It all sounds reasonable, but the effort required is f**king monumental, means that you can forget sleep, and causes extreme weight loss. I lost 2 stone (almost 30lbs) getting the Abe explorer and Android wallet built. I'm still scarred by the experience. Don't fool yourself that it's easy for anyone. Big name devs kill themselves to get these things out. Young whizz kids are needed, but that real type of skill in crypto is few and far between.

Big dreams at launch but sober reality has brought me down to earth on me batty (ass, backside etc), but unfortunately for the crypto industry (and every other industry I've ever been in) I don't just roll over and die like I should Cheesy

I'm getting used to my travel regime. I'll soon fork that bloody newsreader, bite the bullet, and you'll see screenshots posted of what I'm doing. I am going to look into what it takes to develop a toolkit for the blockchain, and the development of a first app to show what a toolkit can do. I want to hear all and any ideas for marketing. I have a few kobo that can be used for marketing purposes. If anyone wants to help with marketing on here or anywhere else, please do. I'll do what I can to help as well.

If you've got kobo, hold onto it (not that you've got any choice at this time - no-one's buying! Cheesy). Just don't throw your wallet away...
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I don't think  the coin is dead or dying... it was just caught in the loop of   "no activity , thus no trader interest  ,, no trader interest, thus no activity" .. to attract interest, a new parameter must be injected, maybe a realignment of goal,  new features etc.

the dev is solid, however, he is working on this alone, which is the downside of this coin. I hope that there is a support team that can work on developing the coin while Tribesman is busy,
the problem is not the coin it works fine is that there is no drive to market it. it as to be used in the real world for it to gain traction
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I don't think  the coin is dead or dying... it was just caught in the loop of   "no activity , thus no trader interest  ,, no trader interest, thus no activity" .. to attract interest, a new parameter must be injected, maybe a realignment of goal,  new features etc.

the dev is solid, however, he is working on this alone, which is the downside of this coin. I hope that there is a support team that can work on developing the coin while Tribesman is busy,
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
People are commenting something is interesting with Kobo. I don't know what it is? They also say the dev is active. The coin is removed from bittrex. Reddit has no activity at all. What else are the plans for this coin? Or are this is one of the coin that dies on its own slowly?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
A Wound in Eternity
Have you considered things like https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/launched-staisybit-universal-online-staking-wallet-1091402 - Staisybit to offer cloudstaking. We are doing a promotion where you can get free Bitz for making a deposit. That could help spread KOBO a bit or offer something new.
KOBO is now only listed at YoBit w/ zero volume and the block explorer expires in 1 day. Is this the end of KOBO?

What does that mean that Kobocoin will be delisted from YoBit? I hope not! Kobcoin is a great concept! I hope the more than capable dev is going long-term with this project...
The block explorer is not going anywhere (@EBK1000 where did you see that expiry date?) and I don't think we'll be delisted from YoBit. I know things are slow right now but it's not the end.

By now I should have started on the wallet newsfeed reader but it's not been possible. I've been putting a new system into a clients premises, and it's a remote location, so I'm flying up and down the country and not getting much free time to build anything new.

I take a very long term view on this. Check out Emercoin. They took a long term view.

Thanks for the update  Smiley Good to see you are still loyal to the cryptogame  Wink no need to hurry, just lift on the general crypto developments when the ocassion arises and I am sure Kobocoin will end up as a mainstream internet currency in Africa in the long run Wink. JFor now, just a shout out once in a while would suffice for your investors I think
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Hi Tribesman,

is there a way to adapt/realign/repurpose Kobocoin  towards smart contracts & Internet of Things? .. btw, IOTCoin  is still available..

thanks!
legendary
KOBO is now only listed at YoBit w/ zero volume and the block explorer expires in 1 day. Is this the end of KOBO?

What does that mean that Kobocoin will be delisted from YoBit? I hope not! Kobcoin is a great concept! I hope the more than capable dev is going long-term with this project...
The block explorer is not going anywhere (@EBK1000 where did you see that expiry date?) and I don't think we'll be delisted from YoBit. I know things are slow right now but it's not the end.

By now I should have started on the wallet newsfeed reader but it's not been possible. I've been putting a new system into a clients premises, and it's a remote location, so I'm flying up and down the country and not getting much free time to build anything new.

I take a very long term view on this. Check out Emercoin. They took a long term view.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
A Wound in Eternity
legendary
webiste is down  Huh
I've been having some technical problems over the last few weeks but the website should be back up.
Activity: 596
Hey Tribesman, how u doing? I understand you are a busy man but you got any plans for Kobocoin's progress this year?  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: