Pages:
Author

Topic: [KOBO] Kobocoin - An African peer to peer payment/micropayment system - page 43. (Read 127511 times)

legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa
Hi tribesman. What is the last situtation about android wallet? Are we close to end?
Sorry about the lack of updates. There's been problems with the getvalidhashes API call which is needed for the mobile wallets.

This has just been resolved today but has required a complete rebuild of dns1. I've also ordered an extra 8GB of memory for dns1 as it seems to be running slowly and the getvalidhashes API call appears to be causing intermittent server crashes.

I'm waiting to hear back about the extra memory.

Once the wallet backend is stable (Abe, DNS seeder, getvalidhashes), then both the Android and BlackBerryOS wallets can be released.

I was considering releasing the unstable wallet just so that people can install it, play with it, and see that it's real, but that would be a VERY bad idea. Releasing a wallet that doesn't work properly is not an option.

We are close to the end. I would like to give an eta for delivery but issues that arise during testing have to be resolved. Each issue takes a differing amount of time to fix.

I'll make sure I post more updates. I know we're very close. It all just needs to be stable.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024
Hi tribesman. What is the last situtation about android wallet? Are we close to end?
Activity: 577
Merit: 314
Hi all. Any user from West Africa here or is it too early yet?
legendary
UPDATE:

ANDROID WALLET IS NOW DISPLAYING CORRECTLY

There are still issues that need to be ironed out. I'll be upgrading the dns seeders' server memory as the blockchain download is too slow at the moment. There's also a few places where entries need to be changed to allow other features to function.

Please be patient for a bit longer while these issues are resolved. The last thing I want is for someone to feel the need to uninstall it because it's not reliable.

I might be offline for a bit. I have a few personal things I've let slip (because of ANDROOOID!!!) that must be taken care of. Then I'll get back on it.
 Smiley

(that address no longer exists)

It seems like a bitcoin android wallet Smiley  this is very good news coz the most important thing for the kobo users is android wallet. Thank you for good work Tribesman
Thanks, but seems like???

What does this seem like?

Cheesy

iOS next, but they have to be stable.
legendary
Been reading this thread and i can see that the dev is really trying hard. Its hard to make good investments in crypto.
Prices seem very low atm... ill be watching this closely upcoming days. Good trading all Smiley
Thanks. Yes, the price is low. I'm hoping this will change once the android wallet is released.

I am hoping for an African vacation when Kobo moons.
Lol. We will not be mooning anybody!
 Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024
UPDATE:

There are still issues that need to be ironed out. I'll be upgrading the dns seeders' server memory as the blockchain download is too slow at the moment. There's also a few places where entries need to be changed to allow other features to function.

Please be patient for a bit longer while these issues are resolved. The last thing I want is for someone to feel the need to uninstall it because it's not reliable.

I might be offline for a bit. I have a few personal things I've let slip (because of ANDROOOID!!!) that must be taken care of. Then I'll get back on it.
 Smiley

It seems like a bitcoin android wallet Smiley  this is very good news coz the most important thing for the kobo users is android wallet. Thank you for good work Tribesman
legendary
UPDATE:

Smiley

legendary
Been reading this thread and i can see that the dev is really trying hard. Its hard to make good investments in crypto.
Prices seem very low atm... ill be watching this closely upcoming days. Good trading all Smiley
Thanks. Yes, the price is low. I'm hoping this will change once the android wallet is released.
legendary
why not merge with bitstake ?
I'll look into this. What would be the benefit?
legendary
Hi guys i have a question. Do i need to have kobocoin wallet always on to get the pos?

Or is it automatically credited when i start the wallet?
It's hard to explain, but try this, it might help
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/700-proof-of-stake-explained-rough-draft/
Activity: 276
Merit: 250
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Not a Doctor
why not merge with bitstake ?
Activity: 577
Merit: 314
Hi guys i have a question. Do i need to have kobocoin wallet always on to get the pos?

Or is it automatically credited when i start the wallet?
legendary
Activity: 1235
https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer
Hello,

My wallet don't start anymore.

assertion failed.

it says something about a hashgenesis block.

I've not seen this before. Are you using the new wallet? Please PM me your debug.log

Yes it's the new wallet.
I send you a pm with the debug.

Wallet is running again :d.

I remove all the files from my appdata - roaming - kobocoin.
restart my compter
install it again
copy,paste my back-up wallet.dat
And i am staking now.

Thanks for the quick reply tribesman.   Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
Is there still mining for this coin?
PoW mining ended on 25th Feb. It's now PoS only.

Just multi-pool for BTC & buy a shedload of Kobo from 'trex - at current prices you can't go wrong Wink
legendary
PoW mining ended on 25th Feb. It's now PoS only.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
legendary
Hello,

assertion failed.

I've not seen this before. Are you using the new wallet? Please PM me your debug.log

Yes it's the new wallet.
I send you a pm with the debug.

legendary
Hello,

assertion failed.

legendary
Hello,

assertion failed.

Pages:
Jump to: