Pages:
Author

Topic: [KOBO] Kobocoin - An African peer to peer payment/micropayment system - page 56. (Read 127511 times)

legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
im in love witht he kobo kobo i got it for the low low
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
block 43,200 hit! mining over!
Activity: 448
im in loove with the kobo. kobo

What is it that you love about kobo?
Activity: 269
im in loove with the kobo. kobo
I'm also having 'wallet issues'.

Although it looks synced, it seems to stop after an orphaned PoS attempt, I have to close & restart to get it to sync up again, and to receive PoW payments from Suprnova.

I'm not worried in the least about the price right now, this is as much a long-term 'investment' for me as Zeitcoin, which also saw the same patterns after PoW ended, spent a long time in the doldrums (down to 11 litoshis at one stage last summer) but has been climbing at a slow, steady (= healthy!) rate for several months now & is currently around 250.

I'm no whale, I've only been mining on a single HD7990, but I haven't sold one single Kobo & hope to be around 10K in the wallet for the start of 'pure' PoS.

Keep up the good work, Tribesman.

If everyone remembers that this is a marathon, not a sprint, this coin will survive to flourish.
Activity: 294
@fmz89, did you shut down the wallet and start it back up and see any change?

Also, if it was all in one address, could you share that address with us, or look yourself on the blockchain for what happened?
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
wtf my 4k kobo was gone from my wallet ???its weird  Huh
it is  the first time my coins gone from wallet without any transaction
only 3281 coins left!!!!!!!!!
Thank you, I think you cleared up the bug in the wallet. Last time it happened, I didn't really notice the orphan block. Hopefully this can be addressed soon.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
I'm also having 'wallet issues'.

Although it looks synced, it seems to stop after an orphaned PoS attempt, I have to close & restart to get it to sync up again, and to receive PoW payments from Suprnova.

I'm not worried in the least about the price right now, this is as much a long-term 'investment' for me as Zeitcoin, which also saw the same patterns after PoW ended, spent a long time in the doldrums (down to 11 litoshis at one stage last summer) but has been climbing at a slow, steady (= healthy!) rate for several months now & is currently around 250.

I'm no whale, I've only been mining on a single HD7990, but I haven't sold one single Kobo & hope to be around 10K in the wallet for the start of 'pure' PoS.

Keep up the good work, Tribesman.

If everyone remembers that this is a marathon, not a sprint, this coin will survive to flourish.
Your POW period is too long. Hence the drop in price. People lose interest before POW is over.

I don't see POW as has having people losing interest, the drop in price is due to the POW miners dumping the coin mainly. Things look bright for this coin soon. Maybe 9-12 hours to go on POW mining, then it's all up to the open wallets. People should promote this coin when the POW ends. It's people talking about this coin that will make it shine.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
Your POW period is too long. Hence the drop in price. People lose interest before POW is over.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024
 Good job Tribesman. You are really trustable dev. I am waiting for android wallet and 10000 kobo Smiley
legendary
Revisions: 24th February, 2015
1. Removed white border from startup splash image (included from previous)
2. Modified currency denominations to reflect KOBO, MANILLA, COWRIE (included from previous)
3. QR code enabled for 'Receive Coins'
4. Tx_in, Tx_out buttons updated
5. Minor layout changes

The screenshot below shows the kobocoin wallet with the QR code enabled

In the shot below you can see that you're able to select the currency denomination, and label the QR code with a message/receipt as well.

If you click 'Save As' you can create a printable barcode (with or without message):

When the barcode is scanned by a any barcode reader, the kobocoin details are displayed as shown below (if you have a barcode reader on your phone then try it). I've tried it with other wallets (just to make sure they read and reject it rather than crashing) and it seems ready for when the Android wallet is released.

The link to the beta software is below. This is only for Linux at this time (only because it's the development platform I use and Linux users will more than likely give it a good run for it's money).

https://mega.co.nz/#!6NZXETAb!Vsx_Y6m6I-EzmXEsNkap9-ufF8bAiRHymVLZeDwuJDU

I'll be building the Windows wallet today and I'll also try and get the MAC wallet done.

Hopefully the Android wallet will turn up soon.
 Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
GlideSEC - www.glidesec.com
POW ending shortly! block 41000 out of 43000 mined! alot less than originally expected, should be around 23million max for POW

Great news, sitting on a tiny $6000 usd market cap, there is room to move!
Also, I notice I've been staking more just in the past day. Is POW over?

Not yet, at last check on block 38927. At block 43,200 it switches solely over to POS. Lately it's been over 100 blocks an hour, and some miners have pulled out as it might not be profitable fighting for POW blocks, when they are only maybe 45-50 POW blocks of those 100+ block per hour. They also might not want to over-shoot the end, trying to mine a coin that can't be mined.

Edit: It seems that network mining rates fluctuate greatly throughout the day, you could have caught a low POW mining time.

-----

Still experiencing the issue of the wallet just not staying synced. It appears everything is ok, but it just stops and is behind on blocks. No switch to vpn to explain it this time.
Activity: 462
Awesome work... I love it!
Thanks. There's also the issue of 'Show QR Code' not working in Receive Coins. That's the priority for now (something to get on with rather than fuming about delays).

Absolutely, especially with the goal of mobile phone adoption.

Also, I notice I've been staking more just in the past day. Is POW over?
legendary
Awesome work... I love it!
Thanks. There's also the issue of 'Show QR Code' not working in Receive Coins. That's the priority for now (something to get on with rather than fuming about delays).
Pages:
Jump to: