Pages:
Author

Topic: [KOBO] Kobocoin - An African peer to peer payment/micropayment system - page 6. (Read 127507 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025
These markets used to be listed but consistently low volume meant that CMC removed them. I will monitor those markets. If I see any of them have 'some' volume I will request to get them added.
Didn't know that, hopefully volume will kick up a gear and they'll get going again. Would be good to see a kobo/eth pair.
(I figure exchanges like yobit, when they run out of new coins to add, could go the way of cryptsy and btc-e unless they seriously sort out the customers services end)

Regards

Problem is they won't run out of new coins  Sad
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
These markets used to be listed but consistently low volume meant that CMC removed them. I will monitor those markets. If I see any of them have 'some' volume I will request to get them added.
Didn't know that, hopefully volume will kick up a gear and they'll get going again. Would be good to see a kobo/eth pair.
(I figure exchanges like yobit, when they run out of new coins to add, could go the way of cryptsy and btc-e unless they seriously sort out the customers services end)

Regards
Activity: 120
Merit: 6
I've just requested that CoinMarketcap remove the market from the KOBO page. I'll see what they say.
Tedious for you, goes on for 2 years now, wonder how many coins are stuck with them now ?!  Roll Eyes
Btw, Coinmarketcap do not list the Cryptopia kobocoin/litecoin and kobocoin/dogecoin pairs and nor do they list the Nova exchange.com with it's 4 pairs(btc, doge, esp2 and eth), perhaps another email to add these? Potentially good volume to be added by these strong trading pairs but people would not know they exist because most rely only coinmarketcap for updates and would overlook them(like I did!).

I've just requested that CoinMarketcap remove the market from the KOBO page. I'll see what they say.
Coinmarketcap worked quick, Yobit price is no longer included in the market average, and because they were always heavily weighted downwards, kobocoin has increased by 87% in 1 day, lol. Grin
CMC is one of the fewservices in crypto that have a good support department.

Don't let the idiots at Yobit make you believe that all crypto support departments are as rubbish as they are.
Coinmarketcap worked quick, Yobit price is no longer included in the market average, and because they were always heavily weighted downwards, kobocoin has increased by 87% in 1 day, lol. Grin

What is the reason that Yobit prices were removed from the average coin price calculation? Because of low volume on their exchange?
No, because of withdrawal issues. I have requested that they sort out the withdrawal issue for 2 years now. No help or reply. The withdrawal issue is skewing the price on CMC.

I wish they would remove the market altogether so that it doesn't show up at all on their website as newcomers may still see it as a legitimate place to buy KOBO.

There are a few coins out there with the same issue and YoBit price is excluded on CMC.
Activity: 798
Merit: 252

What is the reason that Yobit prices were removed from the average coin price calculation? Because of low volume on their exchange?
Tedious for you, goes on for 2 years now, wonder how many coins are stuck with them now ?!  Roll Eyes
Btw, Coinmarketcap do not list the Cryptopia kobocoin/litecoin and kobocoin/dogecoin pairs and nor do they list the Nova exchange.com with it's 4 pairs(btc, doge, esp2 and eth), perhaps another email to add these? Potentially good volume to be added by these strong trading pairs but people would not know they exist because most rely only coinmarketcap for updates and would overlook them(like I did!).

Meant to say, great news about coinomi wallet, shows that a good Dev is needed at the helm to keep the blockchain healthy and do the difficult coding work, looking forward to the electrum update, keep up the good work  Smiley
Any hints about getting onto an African exchange in the near future? Many Africans no doubt, are looking to invest in an up and coming crypto like this Grin

Regards.

El Mammoth

P.S. Thanks to the Cheddur guys for the addition  Cool

Nice volume spike on coinexchange!
I agree but not nice volume spike on Yobit.net, this will only create bad feeling for the coin and upset when the buyers realise they can NOT withdraw the kobocoin to their personnal wallets.
Unfortunately the apparent arbitrage between exchanges means people will always chase the quick profits without doing their due diligence first and learn the hard way, the only safe solution appears to be to close down the yobit kobocoin listings to limit the damage and move on Sad
I've already requested this many times. No reply.
I agree but not nice volume spike on Yobit.net, this will only create bad feeling for the coin and upset when the buyers realise they can NOT withdraw the kobocoin to their personnal wallets.
Unfortunately the apparent arbitrage between exchanges means people will always chase the quick profits without doing their due diligence first and learn the hard way, the only safe solution appears to be to close down the yobit kobocoin listings to limit the damage and move on Sad
Activity: 123
KOBO potential coin for future  Wink
Activity: 35
Merit: 3
Quick Update

After a few hiccups with the hashing module (I was able to help them solve the issue), KOBO is now integrated into the Coinomi wallet and will be available on the app with the next update. I will, of course, post screenshots here once it's released.

I'm also looking into setting up a new ElectrumX server and creating an electrum client wallet. This will mean no more blockchain downloads!

Smiley

We added Kobocoin to the Cheddur app (https://www.cheddur.com)! This will allow new users to learn about Kobocoin and join the community. Cheddur allows you to link wallets, exchanges, and other services that support KOBO so that new users can easily get started. You can also review the project and post your KOBO addresses on your profile to receive tips/payments/donations in KOBO from other users Smiley

Can others from the community please review the profile for quality and help add supported services? The more active the Kobocoin profile is (via user reviews and addresses), the higher it ranks in search results and the more likely newcomers are to discover the Kobocoin project!

If you are a member of the Kobocoin core team, you can manage the Kobocoin profile to respond to reviews, add/show off your entire team, update your profile information in real-time, and more! To manage the Kobocoin profile, follow the prompts within the app or contact us at [email protected] for manual verification.

Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cheddur

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cheddur/id1269377156?mt=8

Great News!
Hi! Why on yobit kobo can't be withdraw? Dev can you contact them and see what is the problem?
Dev,

Kobo is sync on Yobit but it says "Withdrawal for such currency is temporary off."

Usually their in another blockchain (fork) but with KOBO the problems seems different.

Please contact them, I'm trying to set up a staking 24/7 wallet

I've been trying to get them to resolve this for almost 2 years now. Their support doesn't answer. I even tried to pay for it to be repaired and still got no reply. I've asked them to delist Kobo but they won't even do that.

All I can do is to make sure it is no longer advertised on the website.

Sorry but I don't see any solution on the horizon for the YoBit problem.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025
Dev,

Kobo is sync on Yobit but it says "Withdrawal for such currency is temporary off."

Usually their in another blockchain (fork) but with KOBO the problems seems different.

Please contact them, I'm trying to set up a staking 24/7 wallet
Activity: 35
Merit: 3
After some negotiations, KOBO is now being added to the Coinomi android wallet

Congratulations! This is a big step forward.
Nice concept but what is unique about this project apart from being of African origin that other similar already existing prjects? Thanks
This is The Original 'existing' project for Africa. Launched 3 years ago before the current ICO craze came into existence.
Kobocoin is green by design. May not seem much to some but as time progresses PoS will be recognised as the only way forward for cryptos (imo). There are features in Kobocoin that had the future built in right from the start. It was always my intention that this blockchain should be able to exist without the need for a hard fork as time progresses. There are certain details I won't go into, but this blockchain is hopefully built with the future in mind.
See little future in pure proof of work when electricity costs, difficulty/Moore's law and user adoption takes effect. It was a good place to start and offers everyone a possible entry point but the ridiculous (and totally none green) amount of power bitcoin now uses just to validate 1 block is not justifiable. Am sure a number of African countries would love that amount of tera watts just to waste on producing a few coins but they don't have that to spare when they have trouble just keeping 24/7 electricity for the people in the first place. add to that, lack of distributed nodes, POS should form a naturally more even network if its done correctly (bitcoin has highly centralized mining farms with little incentive for small user seed nodes)

Ethereum has taken the step to go proof of stake only, unfortunetely it is a double edged sword because (potentially) if not distributed to enough people, only large holders of a POS coin will profit and control supply/nodes in the end.
One outcome I would never have betted on, is the multiple hard forks and surviving blockchains after the the fact, why are they needed, to me it just diminishes the strength and independance of the coin attibutes, why not have all in 1 blockchain? (lol, easy to say)

Anyway, don't know how you did it (9 bitcoins ?!) but getting added to Coinomi sounds like great news, something I learned from following coin development is the successful ones do it in small steps at a time, building strength on top of strength, as opposed to the opposite extreme which is to pump something as much as possible (often based on foreknowledge) then play the market on the downturn.

Yes, it's a VERY positive development. The full significance will be seen once it's released and we start pushing it. No long wait for syncing... That's a massive step forward for a growing crypto like kobo where user experience is everything (as we're trying to go for a mass market).  Let's just say that it didn't cost the 9 BTC they first quoted. They're very accommodating guys. We came to an agreement Smiley

Cost is one area that people really underestimate nowadays. Crypto used to have a very low cost of entry. Not any more! (...which is probably a good thing).

And yes, good things take time!
Nice concept but what is unique about this project apart from being of African origin that other similar already existing prjects? Thanks
This is The Original 'existing' project for Africa. Launched 3 years ago before the current ICO craze came into existence.
Kobocoin is green by design. May not seem much to some but as time progresses PoS will be recognised as the only way forward for cryptos (imo). There are features in Kobocoin that had the future built in right from the start. It was always my intention that this blockchain should be able to exist without the need for a hard fork as time progresses. There are certain details I won't go into, but this blockchain is hopefully built with the future in mind.
See little future in pure proof of work when electricity costs, difficulty/Moore's law and user adoption takes effect. It was a good place to start and offers everyone a possible entry point but the ridiculous (and totally none green) amount of power bitcoin now uses just to validate 1 block is not justifiable. Am sure a number of African countries would love that amount of tera watts just to waste on producing a few coins but they don't have that to spare when they have trouble just keeping 24/7 electricity for the people in the first place. add to that, lack of distributed nodes, POS should form a naturally more even network if its done correctly (bitcoin has highly centralized mining farms with little incentive for small user seed nodes)

Ethereum has taken the step to go proof of stake only, unfortunetely it is a double edged sword because (potentially) if not distributed to enough people, only large holders of a POS coin will profit and control supply/nodes in the end.
One outcome I would never have betted on, is the multiple hard forks and surviving blockchains after the the fact, why are they needed, to me it just diminishes the strength and independance of the coin attibutes, why not have all in 1 blockchain? (lol, easy to say)

Anyway, don't know how you did it (9 bitcoins ?!) but getting added to Coinomi sounds like great news, something I learned from following coin development is the successful ones do it in small steps at a time, building strength on top of strength, as opposed to the opposite extreme which is to pump something as much as possible (often based on foreknowledge) then play the market on the downturn.

Pages:
Jump to: