Pages:
Author

Topic: kongzi.ca going live -- investment/presales opportunities - page 3. (Read 7804 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
In cryptography we trust
No knowledge of Japanese outside of the odd word/phrase and no interest in learning, I am solely here because I enjoy watching internet drama/comedy. The reason that I am interested in that particular question is because I find the idea of someone incompetent in a language trying to teach other the very same language - sort of like the classic Monty Python Hungarian phrasebook sketch.

lol, 3:47 "I wish to plead incompetent"
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Hello Bengt. I didn't skip over it, I posted that I would publish my JLPT certificate in my book but not online as it contains my real name.

I'm also a little curious myself; why are you so interested? Do you speak Japanese or are you interested in learning?
No knowledge of Japanese outside of the odd word/phrase and no interest in learning, I am solely here because I enjoy watching internet drama/comedy. The reason that I am interested in that particular question is because I find the idea of someone incompetent in a language trying to teach other the very same language - sort of like the classic Monty Python Hungarian phrasebook sketch.

Having only studied the language for 1½ year would indicate that you are not proficient enough to teach it to others, but to be fair it is possible that you are a language prodigy and knowing Chinese would make it easier to pick up kanji. As I don't know Japanese I can't judge for myself, so knowing what level of JLPT you passed could act sort of as a proxy. As such it is a fair question from the point of view of a prospective student as well, they'd like it established that you fill your boots.

I posted that I would publish my JLPT certificate in my book but not online as it contains my real name.
I fully understand that, and honestly I'm not really interested in viewing your actual certificate. If you just say "I passed the [N4 or whatever]" that's good enough for me.
Activity: 532
I have been interested in learning Japanese for a while but I fail to see how your method differs from purchasing a Japanese language book, listening to audio such as from Pimsleur, and going on italki.com and practicing with native Japanese speakers.

Will you post your CV to back up your teaching qualifications?

Also, could you provide references of past students or maybe post a letter of recommendation from them?  I have written recommendation letters for my past language teachers.
vip
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Dictionary entry and editing is done. Working on a basic flashcard/quiz mode now.

kongzi.ca/flashcards/fc.php

I won't open dictionary editing to the public yet. It's a little problematic. I need to get entry browsing up first and implement a changelog system for admins to verify entries users submit. Right now tho, coding the quizzing thing is the most interesting to me. I'm a bit of a noob at Javascript but it seems easy enough to figure out as you go along. Bootstrap is awesome :>
legendary
Activity: 910
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
Talking about YARR then Usagi has deleted most of the posts about YARR and closed the thread. 

Before nefario freaked out and glbse'd us all, I had 9 shares of YARR.  Usagi, I like you to buy this stuff back and be done with YARR for good.

You can post about that in another thread, and I'll answer you. This is for kongzi.ca. Would you like to learn Japanese?

What other thread? The YARR one where you deleted all your crap and then closed? If there is another YARR thread, post a link.
vip
Talking about YARR then Usagi has deleted most of the posts about YARR and closed the thread. 

Before nefario freaked out and glbse'd us all, I had 9 shares of YARR.  Usagi, I like you to buy this stuff back and be done with YARR for good.

You can post about that in another thread, and I'll answer you. This is for kongzi.ca. Would you like to learn Japanese?
legendary
Activity: 910
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
See, discussing things like the natural order hypothesis is much more what I want to do than responding to boring trolls like eskimobob Smiley So I'm going to keep pushing forward and doing my book and blog, and if you are really so curious about it there are samples available online. See the OP.

This works. As long as you stop asking for other people's money, offering "investments" and so forth I'm sure nobody cares one way or the other.

I'm not offering an investment nor am I brokering one -- That is what you are doing. Offering an unlicensed security or investment is actually illegal, as you will surely be made painfully aware of in short order. I mean, you've got to know by now, or you wouldn't have prepared a defense. Not that your defense is worth anything. You were pretty much laughed off the forum last time you posted it.

If you're not offering an investment then:

A) Why does thread title say "kongzi.ca going live -- investment/presales opportunities".  How can it be an investment opportunity if you aren't offering an investment?
B) Why is this thread in a sub-forum that is specifically FOR investments?

On point A) you appear to be attempting to solicit a loan (which there's actually a loans section for) - yet it reads more like an investment than a loan.  There's no stated repayment schedule and it seems repayments will only be made out of profits - i.e. if it doesn't make a profit then there's no repayment.  In what parallel universe is "I want you to give me money which I'll use in a business and only repay if it makes a profit" a loan rather than an investment?

And no point you offering "guarantees" until you've delivered on the ones to nyan.a, your existing loan (or has that been paid back? Haven't checked - so maybe you repaid that one), the last few YARR bond-holders (who should have been paid back the second you decided you weren't going to change that into an OBSI pass-through) etc etc etc.

Maybe start sorting out your current mess before creating new ones?

vip
See, discussing things like the natural order hypothesis is much more what I want to do than responding to boring trolls like eskimobob Smiley So I'm going to keep pushing forward and doing my book and blog, and if you are really so curious about it there are samples available online. See the OP.

This works. As long as you stop asking for other people's money, offering "investments" and so forth I'm sure nobody cares one way or the other.

I'm not offering an investment nor am I brokering one -- That is what you are doing. Offering an unlicensed security or investment is actually illegal, as you will surely be made painfully aware of in short order. I mean, you've got to know by now, or you wouldn't have prepared a defense. Not that your defense is worth anything. You were pretty much laughed off the forum last time you posted it.

A) Why does thread title say "kongzi.ca going live -- investment/presales opportunities".  How can it be an investment opportunity if you aren't offering an investment?

On point A) you appear to be attempting to solicit a loan (which there's actually a loans section for) - yet it reads more like an investment than a loan.  There's no stated repayment schedule and it seems repayments will only be made out of profits - i.e. if it doesn't make a profit then there's no repayment.  In what parallel universe is "I want you to give me money which I'll use in a business and only repay if it makes a profit" a loan rather than an investment?

And no point you offering "guarantees" until you've delivered on the ones to nyan.a, your existing loan (or has that been paid back? Haven't checked - so maybe you repaid that one), the last few YARR bond-holders (who should have been paid back the second you decided you weren't going to change that into an OBSI pass-through) etc etc etc.

I'm not in any kind of mess -- not sure where you got that idea. Would you like to learn some Japanese? It's really easy! I can teach you right here.
Activity: 532

vip

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

vip
I've taken the JLPT, I've written books about it.

Are you claiming that you passed it?  Ah what level?
Usagi, you skipped over this particular bit and I too am curious about it.

Hello Bengt. I didn't skip over it, I posted that I would publish my JLPT certificate in my book but not online as it contains my real name.

I'm also a little curious myself; why are you so interested? Do you speak Japanese or are you interested in learning?

I liken it to being in a bakery. You can see the bread; you can smell it. What kind of a poor troll would demand to see the baker's college diploma before buying a donut? It doesn't make much sense. I'm sorry, but the trolling here is really bad; this obviously isn't a scam, there are real, physical products available here and it's easy to test my japanese. What is even funnier is that I don't actually need to know Japanese in order to write a japanese learning program; the people behind stackz, anki, iknow and memosyne (or whatever it's called) may or may not know Japanese-- their japanese ability is not actually relevant to the science behind linguistics or things like SRS. If you know anything about the advancements in modern linguistics, you will know that the natural order hypothesis states that people learn the same grammatical constructs in the same order no matter what language they are learning. People learn present tense before they learn past tense. People learn continuous tense before relative clauses. And so on. You can learn more about that particular hypothesis on the web (for example here), including reading criticisms of that hypothesis.

burogu o yomu nagara kohii o nomimashita. While reading the blog I drank the coffee.

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

I assure you. Usagi has S, C, A, and M level JLPT credentials.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0

legendary

I won't be posting it online as it contains my real name.

Good idea not to associate all these scams with your real name.

How did you ever end up with so many aliases anyways?

[Since you failed to answer any of my questions.]
vip

How did you ever end up with so many aliases anyways? You must have pulled a lot of scams to have to change your identity so many times.

Did any of your scams succeed?  Why don't you tell us about some of your crowning achievements.

Cool story bro. Let me tell you about all my scams -- like actually publishing a Japanese Texbook. And actually coding a real online language school.

Kongzi beta-8 is over 10,000 SLOC. Not LOC, SLOC. You probably don't even understand what that means. I'll let someone like Diablo explain it to you. Anyone here care to explain what being able to code and maintain a 10k SLOC project is like?

I bet if I explained to you some of the natural language processing problems I faced writing this software, that you would be mentally incapable of understanding the solutions. Your troll attempt is a joke. I've seen better trolls on newsgroups about cats.

See you can claim I am a scammer all you want, it's just that... well... here's my book, in my hands.... And my website is growing steadily. Nice try tho.
Activity: 868
I don't NEED your approval, nor your investment!

Says the person who's yet again seeking funds from others.
legendary

How did you ever end up with so many aliases anyways? You must have pulled a lot of scams to have to change your identity so many times.

Did any of your scams succeed?  Why don't you tell us about some of your crowning achievements.
vip

Are you claiming that you passed it?  Ah what level?  What level of JLPT you're certified at is absolutely relevant to whether you're competent enough in the language to teach others.  Nobody should invest in your business or buy your products unless you're willing to provide evidence of your proficiency.  That you thought someone you presumed to be  merely above N4 level was competent to review teaching materials is laughable.

From what you've just said it strikes me that you have a good grounding on what other people have said in this thread, but you haven't actually bothered to check out my book or website, and really have no idea of what is really going on here. Feel free to check out the samples from my book for yourself; the link is in the OP. The book is N5/pre-N5 level. Do you like the worksheets? I think they're pretty cool.

As for nobody buying my products until I have provided evidence of my proficiency, that is the funniest thing I have ever heard in my entire life. Just look at my book. it exists. I laugh, seriously, I laugh. How many people bought "Japanese for busy people", one of the most outdated textbooks in existence, for the JLPT N5? It has the worst audio material I've ever heard. And none of them bothered to check the author's ability. Lol! You really have no idea how this works don't you. I don't NEED your approval, nor your investment! I ALREADY have a nearly finished product, and I'm going to sell it, to a LOT of people, whether you like it or not. This will be one of the only JLPT N5 textbooks in English, in the world. Ever hear the word "niche"? As for my JLPT certificate, it will be published in the book. So go buy a copy when it goes to print. I won't be posting it online as it contains my real name.

Good luck with your Japanese!
vip
Why should I disclose that? JLPT certification is JLPT certification. It's like someone who has a degree. Why should they disclose that they are not fully qualified.... when they are?

Lol, keep trying. You almost got me here! Except you didn't.

Qualification is a piece of paper, skill is an empirical experience. You cannot obtain a skill without a long period of practice.

Moreover, feel free to prove you are qualified. You did not presented any evidence to back up your claim.

I've been a professional in-the-classroom language teacher for 7 years now. Before that I taught privately.

As for evidence, and backing up my claim, open your eyes; I wrote a book, there's a sample online; feel free to criticize my Japanese. And then there's the website.... Yeah, I think the onus is on you here ;-) Feel free to bang your head against the wall trying to show I am unqualified, or as others have said incompetent, a scammer, etc -- because it's one thing to make the claim bro, and quite another to actually come up with something real, ね!
Pages:
Jump to: