Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC + all your official papers being stolen and traded - page 4. (Read 1710 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 1
It would seem that KYC is provided for the benefit of users, but within the ICO it is a very bad idea. I do not think that by financing the ICO you commit any crime and you need to know your personal data. Within the current large platform KYC is appropriate. But this is just my opinion)
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
This is actually my biggest concern about KYC verification. The possibility of using passports for crime and then spend time and money trying to be proved innocent. I tell this to my friends a lot.
All this passport could be used to even rig elections or perform transactions, but crime would still be the worst nightmare.
I did KYC once and I'm so done with that
It doesnt make sense

Shoutout to the people who send in fake ID, they turned out to be the safe ones
Activity: 1820
Merit: 107
Be very careful sending in your passports and govt id's for KYC.  Your 1 scam project away from having your identity stolen for god knows what on an international level. 

Also look very closely at the "projects" asking for this.  One of the major points of crypto is to be anonymous.  Do not give this up.  If you keep sending in your "papers" to strangers you will get burnt eventually.

Think about what the authorities will say to you when your identity has been stolen.  They are going to ask why in the world you would give your personal info like this to a stranger on the internet.  It makes no sense on any basic level to give your info out like this.

JPMOGAN does not even ask us for this level of identification when opening an account.

Think about it please.

If we all deny the KYC projects this invasive procedure will go away.

To anyone who has been giving your passport online you had better get a service to help protect you from identity theft as you have handed your most personal of information to complete strangers you do not know.  They can use your passport for any reason including terrorist acts.

Imagine the terrorist cells starting a project and getting all the FOMO warriors passports because they got in such a rush and turned off their brain.  Now you have real problems.

Good luck guys.

As you speak I was wary about this "KYC" procedure and how they are handle the data from the users Like my situation I was participated in numerous ICO and I was send my personal data this particular time that greediness is almost eat us all how can we sure that our data is safe this questions are valid and needs also a valid answer.
Activity: 75
This is a genuine risk, particularly if the undertaking is a trick. Notwithstanding for genuine undertakings, there's as yet the likelihood of the site getting hacked and all your data could be utilized for unlawful/deceitful exercises. It is best to not present any records but rather once in a while you must choose between limited options, for example a significant number of the best trades expects archives to get your record confirmed.
Activity: 548
Merit: 100
I've been using KYC on some ICO projects that require KYC verification to receive tokens from bounty, I'm very worried about having sent personal data to others and hopefully they do not abuse other people's personal data
Activity: 81
“The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content”
What do you think can be done with your passport details without you? Without your personal presence, a copy of your documents can not be used anywhere. And terrorists do not need to do this.
Activity: 154
Absolutely agree, you can not send your documents to these dubious companies, from which these documents miraculously disappear!
Activity: 140
Yeah you are right, but I guess the main why they collect KYC is because of regulations, you want to invest in their token sales and they require you to attest that you got your money in a good way and not a money laundry .
Activity: 90
Yikes this is very very scary. Do you know of reported cases of such info leak or just speculating it is possible?
Activity: 18
For most backers of ICO judge Know Your Customer is ridiculous for an small-scale investment and a  unreasonable burden with undeniable risks.
Activity: 77
It's troubling when one looks at the recent developments in the cryptocurrency industry things like KYC it leaves one wondering where the anonymity of cryptocurrencies really lies. If we all hand in our documents just to take part in ico, what then does cryptocurrency really stand for. It's worth looking into finally.
Activity: 98
If authorities demand the ICO to make disclosure to the identity of its customers,the ICO can't refuse. If you have traded on a bigger exchange before,you probably can't enjoy the service in full without kyc.
Activity: 126
Be very careful sending in your passports and govt id's for KYC.  Your 1 scam project away from having your identity stolen for god knows what on an international level. 

Also look very closely at the "projects" asking for this.  One of the major points of crypto is to be anonymous.  Do not give this up.  If you keep sending in your "papers" to strangers you will get burnt eventually.

Think about what the authorities will say to you when your identity has been stolen.  They are going to ask why in the world you would give your personal info like this to a stranger on the internet.  It makes no sense on any basic level to give your info out like this.

JPMOGAN does not even ask us for this level of identification when opening an account.

Think about it please.

To anyone who has been giving your passport online you had better get a service to help protect you from identity theft as you have handed your most personal of information to complete strangers you do not know.  They can use your passport for any reason including terrorist acts.

Imagine the terrorist cells starting a project and getting all the FOMO warriors passports because they got in such a rush and turned off their brain.  Now you have real problems.

Good luck guys.

Thank you for the good tips and information about KYC sir. I appreciate this kind of topic to enhance my knowledge about crypto as a newbie. This is good for us to be aware of this kind of strategy to use our profile.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
Be very careful sending in your passports and govt id's for KYC.  Your 1 scam project away from having your identity stolen for god knows what on an international level.  

Also look very closely at the "projects" asking for this.  One of the major points of crypto is to be anonymous.  Do not give this up.  If you keep sending in your "papers" to strangers you will get burnt eventually.

Think about what the authorities will say to you when your identity has been stolen.  They are going to ask why in the world you would give your personal info like this to a stranger on the internet.  It makes no sense on any basic level to give your info out like this.

Think about it please.

To anyone who has been giving your passport online you had better get a service to help protect you from identity theft as you have handed your most personal of information to complete strangers you do not know.  They can use your passport for any reason including terrorist acts.

Imagine the terrorist cells starting a project and getting all the FOMO warriors passports because they got in such a rush and turned off their brain.  Now you have real problems.

Good luck guys.

I believe you are referring to JPMORGAN not JPMOGAN.

Anyway, you are wrong and actually banks ask you for identification when you open an account with them. Further, they may be less strict because they can easily identify you are who you say you are by looking straight at your face (while you are physically at the bank) which is something they cannot do when you are doing things online. Use common sense before posting non-sense. There are lots of legitimate KYC institutions out there.
Activity: 39

I just sent KYC to the big trading floors and projects that I really trust.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
Yeah, I hate the KYC thing in Crypto. Crypto should be anonymous.
Even today a bounty campaign requires KYC. This is ridiculous.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 106
i am fully aware of the risks involved in submitting vital valid documents in the name of identity verification and also it is a way of violating the idea behind the technology. the cryptocurrency idea means anonymous both to agencies and everything related to it. it is a very strong point to be considered.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
This is because of the regulation and is required as a mandatory requirements. I was forced to give my documents prior to the ico because it is needed for me to purchase the tokens, but I first verified the team for their legal compliance also, but I was still in doubt. I just hope our documents will not be used in a bad way, like an identity theft. But I wish this regulation will be dissolve soon.
Activity: 70
For many clients of new tokens think Know Your Customer is inappropriate for an limited purchase and a  disproportionate liability with unwanted risks.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 518
well
what i worryi it become true
since ICO need KYC for like The main requirement
i just wonder, how they make the data safe.
and now , got stolen.
soo not responsible
Pages:
Jump to: