Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC + all your official papers being stolen and traded - page 6. (Read 1710 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 10
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
Indeed, submitting KYC information has always been a dangerous thing.
However, the ICO team also faces legal pressure. If they provide ICO to criminals, it may become a tool for money laundering.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
It is a grave threat to us, when our important documents got exposed or used as as an identity theft. If you give your identity to them, just make sure that you know the person or the team who is behind all this. I hope the ICO team, or any group that requires KYC in order to invest/trade will abolish this law.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
It's like this Kyc issue is all over the places every other ICOs want Kyc to be passed even for bounty and airdrops it sucks most of this ICO don't even announce Kyc on the get go it's only after bounty ends that you get to know Kyc is required and you know it's somehow when you've worked hard for 2 months or more and Kyc issue want to disqualify you from getting payment that's why many give in to doing Kyc I just wish everybody can stand against this and get eradicated
Activity: 315
Merit: 13
Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI
One way or another you have to send your documents to different places. For example, crypto exchanges. And why do you think that your documents can not be stolen from government agencies or banks?
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
I really don't like KYC but actually if you want to do bounties and invest in ICO, most of them required KYC so I think there's no other way actually...
Activity: 112
But I'm interested in kno knows whether there were cases of distribution of KYC documents among crypto-exchanges? I just always worry about it.
I think that if this happened, all the Newspapers wrote about it. They love to make things big. But you can not exclude cases of hacking the database by hackers.
Activity: 145
Be very careful sending in your passports and govt id's for KYC.  Your 1 scam project away from having your identity stolen for god knows what on an international level. 

Also look very closely at the "projects" asking for this.  One of the major points of crypto is to be anonymous.  Do not give this up.  If you keep sending in your "papers" to strangers you will get burnt eventually.

Think about what the authorities will say to you when your identity has been stolen.  They are going to ask why in the world you would give your personal info like this to a stranger on the internet.  It makes no sense on any basic level to give your info out like this.

JPMOGAN does not even ask us for this level of identification when opening an account.

Think about it please.

If we all deny the KYC projects this invasive procedure will go away.

To anyone who has been giving your passport online you had better get a service to help protect you from identity theft as you have handed your most personal of information to complete strangers you do not know.  They can use your passport for any reason including terrorist acts.

Imagine the terrorist cells starting a project and getting all the FOMO warriors passports because they got in such a rush and turned off their brain.  Now you have real problems.

Good luck guys.

I think that most of the ico's today are just using kyc if they are planning to scam their participants but if they are really serious about their project then they will not use it for the law requirements of their own country.
You are right. Many companies that conduct ICO must obey the laws of the country from which they are from. But I would be wary of those companies that inspire little trust. And if there are no famous people in their team.
Activity: 378
ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB
Be very careful sending in your passports and govt id's for KYC.  Your 1 scam project away from having your identity stolen for god knows what on an international level. 

Also look very closely at the "projects" asking for this.  One of the major points of crypto is to be anonymous.  Do not give this up.  If you keep sending in your "papers" to strangers you will get burnt eventually.

Think about what the authorities will say to you when your identity has been stolen.  They are going to ask why in the world you would give your personal info like this to a stranger on the internet.  It makes no sense on any basic level to give your info out like this.

JPMOGAN does not even ask us for this level of identification when opening an account.

Think about it please.

To anyone who has been giving your passport online you had better get a service to help protect you from identity theft as you have handed your most personal of information to complete strangers you do not know.  They can use your passport for any reason including terrorist acts.

Imagine the terrorist cells starting a project and getting all the FOMO warriors passports because they got in such a rush and turned off their brain.  Now you have real problems.

Good luck guys.

I think that most of the ico's today are just using kyc if they are planning to scam their participants but if they are really serious about their project then they will not use it for the law requirements of their own country.
Activity: 112
KYC has seemingly become the norm for all projects and I have no interest in doing it. You can make the argument for large ICO investments for anti-money laundering purposes, but even that goes against the original intent of cryptocurrency and bitcoin. What I really have a problem with in KYC for bounties and airdrops. The customer part of that doesn’t make sense since I haven’t provided any funds.with the amount of fraudulent projects, you would have to be crazy to provide that info. If the amount of spam email I have received since signing up for airdrops is any indication, you can bet that there is some shady stuff happening with passports and other identification documents.
Activity: 210
But I'm interested in kno knows whether there were cases of distribution of KYC documents among crypto-exchanges? I just always worry about it.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 183
This is because of usa  Angry if project has ant relation with usa, then they impose us strict kyc requirements. It is very difficult for any projects to keep our papers safe.
The rules of KYC apply to investors, this is all the difference. To the participants of the generosity campaign ICO they should not be applied. The KYC check is aimed at preventing money laundering. We do not invest any money, so we should not undergo such a check. At this international forum, we are generally and work anonymously. The scammers come and demand from us all our data with copies of the passport, they themselves actually remain anonymous, as they do not pass any thorough checks themselves.
Activity: 392
Be very careful sending in your passports and govt id's for KYC.  Your 1 scam project away from having your identity stolen for god knows what on an international level.  

Also look very closely at the "projects" asking for this.  One of the major points of crypto is to be anonymous.  Do not give this up.  If you keep sending in your "papers" to strangers you will get burnt eventually.

Think about what the authorities will say to you when your identity has been stolen.  They are going to ask why in the world you would give your personal info like this to a stranger on the internet.  It makes no sense on any basic level to give your info out like this.

Think about it please.

To anyone who has been giving your passport online you had better get a service to help protect you from identity theft as you have handed your most personal of information to complete strangers you do not know.  They can use your passport for any reason including terrorist acts.

Imagine the terrorist cells starting a project and getting all the FOMO warriors passports because they got in such a rush and turned off their brain.  Now you have real problems.

Good luck guys.

There should be blockchain solution for this? There should be some reliable organisation in a country that treats privacy seriously (ie. not disclosing info without a court order) that can certify your information and provide the KYC certification of the information required without disclosing your identity or handing over copies of ID. I on the other hand don’t like handing over my personal details, if I see any project that requires me to do a KYC before getting tokens, I move on the another. I hope something would be done soon about this.
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
UniDapp
Most projects don't want to have anything to do with kyc during ico but this silly regulations are to blame for them demanding it. I believe that kyc is wrong for crypto as it defeats the purpose for the anonymity so we should boycott all projects doing kyc
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"
I don't think that investors can affect somehow the number of KYCs among new ICOs. Everyone wants to earn easy money by participating in ICOs, so if some of you skip KYC others will get your allocation. And remember that most of ICOs hold KYC due to regulation reasons. So I don't see any solution to avoid KYC now. Just be very selective and join only really trustful projects.
Activity: 107
If authorities demand the ICO to make disclosure to the identity of its customers,the ICO can't refuse. If you have traded on a bigger exchange before,you probably can't enjoy the service in full without kyc.
Activity: 882
Merit: 102
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
This is because of usa  Angry if project has ant relation with usa, then they impose us strict kyc requirements. It is very difficult for any projects to keep our papers safe.
Also european union is very strict.
Where is money there is KYC and AML. I am okay with that, I am sending only my driver license (tagged with the name of company where I am sending my documents) and I hope that it can´t be abused,
Activity: 8
I knew lots of project trying collect people information through AIRDROP, such as: polymath.
I don't think it's a good idea for trading 250 useless token now may value $200 for your personal information.
But people fell in that. Good luck with them in the future.
Activity: 206
Merit: 2
this is bad , very bad .. i have already gave my national identity card information to several projects and one those project was scam .. don't even know what should i do ?
Activity: 840
Merit: 266
I try my best to avoid projects require any kind of verification , specially the kind asking me about a copy of my ID . But there is projects that deceive users , by asking for KYC after users already bought in the ICO or already spent a lot of time in the bounty , we just find our self left  with no choice but to give them our KYC papers , it did not happen to me until now but I saw couple of people complain about it .
Activity: 476
Merit: 250

I also think that projects with KYC need to be bypassed. It is not known how this will turn against you in the future. Therefore, in such companies should not participate
Pages:
Jump to: