Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC and Airdrop Token - page 2. (Read 1553 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 1
September 16, 2018, 02:47:26 PM
I think there is nothing bad about KYC, if there are reasonable demands, but do not for airdrop.
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
August 01, 2018, 02:18:10 PM
It would be better if you choose Airdrop that does not use KYC because in my opinion it is too complicated.
Airdrop is now very vulnerable to failure and also a lot of fraud in Airdrop. so be careful and avoid such things.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
August 01, 2018, 01:52:01 PM
Its a personal decision exposing to danger their personal data, but most of airdrops are cost nothing, or even dont distribute to members (i mean scam airdrops), so tell me should people do KYC for them?
should be that KYC's are investors, airdrop and bounty seems in my opinion unnecessary,
because it does not really matter, for KYC investors needed because to protect their assets
copper member
Activity: 812
Merit: 6
August 01, 2018, 01:31:01 PM
Its a personal decision exposing to danger their personal data, but most of airdrops are cost nothing, or even dont distribute to members (i mean scam airdrops), so tell me should people do KYC for them?
Activity: 1330
Merit: 121
August 01, 2018, 01:22:56 PM
It seems insane to show your documents for a few dollars, but there have been cases when after a while coins have grown in price to several thousand dollars.
First you need to understand what a person is afraid of, who does not want to provide his personal data. But on the other hand, I fully support you, because for a couple of dolars to provide their documents does not make sense. I think that the company's Bounty managers, as well as the ico team, must take this into account.
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 30
[REP] Augur
August 01, 2018, 01:15:18 PM
It seems insane to show your documents for a few dollars, but there have been cases when after a while coins have grown in price to several thousand dollars.
Activity: 266
August 01, 2018, 01:11:26 PM
Actually not only airdrops but all ICOs, bounties force to pass KYC as it is requirements of exchanges
Activity: 154
August 01, 2018, 01:08:25 PM
Airdrop usually give you too few token, and it's not worth for you to show your KYC. It is unreasonable to ask KYC for a few dollars. I only accepted showing KYC in the bounty campaign.

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305
Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week
August 01, 2018, 01:05:24 PM
This is the requirement for all the ICO's recently and there are few projects asking for the KYC for airdrops and bounty as well but most of the projects doesn't require KYC for airdrop and bounty and they isnist for KYC for investors only. I think the KYC concept is to avoid anonymous purchase and bulk purchase of whales but not too sure why this is mandatory now a days and may be this is due to legal requirement for ICO's now a days.
Activity: 107
August 01, 2018, 01:04:47 PM
I think it is very risky and not so wise to give out your details of kyc anyhow because the rate at which cyber crimes are aggravating is too much. We all need to be security conscious.
copper member
Activity: 95
August 01, 2018, 01:03:54 PM
I think it isn't a problem. Don't worry about it. KYC needs for checking multiaccounts and delete bots. I guess good company should have KYC.
Activity: 8
August 01, 2018, 01:01:31 PM
Bounty is worth to KYC, but Airdrop? Nope? Not worth to give them your personal information
Activity: 458
Merit: 10
August 01, 2018, 12:56:40 PM
Recently, some airdrops require identification documents to be uploaded before airdrop tokens are distributed. Emails are sent as a reminder to complete the KYC process.  Share your thought on this issue

I really don't see KYC for airdrop as something important because its airdrop and it should be free of hassles. For me, most of the time a see airdrop with KYC I just ignore it because I don't have time for their KYC.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
August 01, 2018, 12:54:03 PM
Recently, some airdrops require identification documents to be uploaded before airdrop tokens are distributed. Emails are sent as a reminder to complete the KYC process.  Share your thought on this issue
I think that those projects that require your personal documents in return for the meager pay scams! The KYC process for airdrop is unacceptable, because the reward is very small, and you risk your personal data for a few dollars.
Activity: 336
Merit: 101
August 01, 2018, 11:21:57 AM
This is already done by a lot of projects, to protect against scams, it seems to me that there is nothing difficult to go through this procedure
Activity: 118
August 01, 2018, 11:06:40 AM
I think this is a really good development, however, the tokens or coin need to act responsibly with that information and protect it from scammers and others that will look to abuse it.

In airdrops there are a lot of people entering double, treble or even more times, this is not only unfair but it also defeats the aim of doing an airdrop as it creates large holders of coins or allows people to manipulate the value by dumping.

You have a point, this kyc is use to prevent multiple sign ups and to avoid abuse in the system but sometimes we cannot really tell if the project is legit or just getting our IDs for them to use it wrong doings.
Activity: 86
Merit: 2
August 01, 2018, 11:00:48 AM
I think this is a really good development, however, the tokens or coin need to act responsibly with that information and protect it from scammers and others that will look to abuse it.

In airdrops there are a lot of people entering double, treble or even more times, this is not only unfair but it also defeats the aim of doing an airdrop as it creates large holders of coins or allows people to manipulate the value by dumping.
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
August 01, 2018, 09:44:52 AM
kys stupid procedure that humiliates the participants and does not agree with the theory of decentralization and blockchain
Activity: 392
Merit: 12
MINTER
August 01, 2018, 09:26:47 AM
In my opinion, this is arguably not worth it between the results and the goods we are staking. Imagine that if we are sharing our personal information to the public just to get a token that is not of value. This is not a wise choice. I think that KYC is used only for investors.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
August 01, 2018, 09:17:56 AM
there are many different reasons for that. there are people creating multiple accounts to participate so KYC can prevent it. what if the airdrop requiring KYC is a scam? most airdrop today are scam so better stay away from airdrop requiring KYC.
Pages:
Jump to: