Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC and Airdrop Token - page 4. (Read 1553 times)

Activity: 265
Merit: 100
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
August 01, 2018, 06:41:36 AM
I don't think that the KYC procedure is needed for Airdrops, but it may be useful for Bounty Campaigns, this measure will help to prevent cheating/multi accounting.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
August 01, 2018, 06:41:16 AM
Recently, some airdrops require identification documents to be uploaded before airdrop tokens are distributed. Emails are sent as a reminder to complete the KYC process.  Share your thought on this issue
Don't join on such airdrops because they maybe used for some illegal activities,It is okay to provide the basic details to confirm the real identity of the person but asking all the all the documents about us looks like data pulling and these informations will be shared to someone to make money.And finally airdrops are useless they are not going to give any tokens which has value so better stop them.
Activity: 68
Merit: 0
August 01, 2018, 06:39:02 AM
Recently, some airdrops require identification documents to be uploaded before airdrop tokens are distributed. Emails are sent as a reminder to complete the KYC process.  Share your thought on this issue

Tell the token owners to keep their airdrop token. I will never do any KYC shit for an airdrop that may probably be shit or scam itself.
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
August 01, 2018, 06:38:05 AM
I will skip all the airdrop need to pass KYC, there are many frauds in crypto, any way participated in airdrop is unprofitable, it worthless and waste your time, I would like to spend some time review the promising ICO than airdrop.

Activity: 308
Merit: 10
August 01, 2018, 06:36:24 AM
Personally, I would not go to a KYC process for an airdrop... There are a lot of scammy projects that I don't trust with my ID
Activity: 133
August 01, 2018, 06:34:38 AM
Let us first understand what KYC is all about. KYC is the full meaning of Know Your Customers. It's a way of identifying your customers and knowing their full details. While a customer is someone is patronizes his/her client with a view of transacting business with him/her. In this case airdroppers are not customers or clients, why should be asked to pass KYC before receiving a free token?
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
August 01, 2018, 06:31:24 AM
KYC is becoming very reasonable now, not just on airdrop, bounty and giveaway now many are asking for KYC. just follow this is only part of the procedure to get the token, nothing wrong from this.
Activity: 224
August 01, 2018, 06:29:19 AM

KYC and airdrop tokens have no positive correlation. KYC stands for Know Your Customers, airdroppers are not customers, they are just people who receive free tokens by way of filling forms or campaigning for the ICO.
Activity: 44
August 01, 2018, 06:28:18 AM
I really like Airdrop event. We can collect free tokens from the Airdrops. Personally, I already do a lot of airdrops and Now I have a Hundred plus type of tokens. Few tokens have a value and some tokens haven't value because it's not yet listing to the exchange. KYC is really important to ICOs and bounty. But now KYC needed to some Airdrops. I think it is a bad decision because there is a lot of scammers. So maybe they can steal your documents. Be careful.
Activity: 204
August 01, 2018, 06:27:19 AM
I really don't understand why people still continue to join airdrops that will give you in best case less than 5-6$ in coins..... and asking for KYC is absurd!

Agree with you, I mean people give their privacy such as identity, bank utilities, etc. Just for coins worth $5 ? that's freaking insane
Actually i also have the same opinion. Actually i dont like to do kyc at all although for bounty but the problem is i can not get token if i dont do the kyc. I do kyc if the bounty reward worth to do kyc but if only 5 or 10 dollars, i will not do kyc at all. Its too bad to do it.
Activity: 210
August 01, 2018, 06:25:47 AM
No, my point is still no,I refuse to accept any airdrops that require KYC, because it's obviously irrational, because the airdrops bounty are small, and the KYC data is important.
Activity: 616
Merit: 114
Bountylord.com
August 01, 2018, 06:24:09 AM
This is absolutely wrong, KYC should be a criteria for all registered investors and should not be extended to airdroppers at all because they are not investing in their project, why should they be asked to submit their details?

In 5% of cases, they want to avoid participation of multi accounts in the airdrop process. In all other cases it is dirty game, which is designed to steal your personal data and copies of documents.
Activity: 223
August 01, 2018, 06:17:21 AM
This is absolutely wrong, KYC should be a criteria for all registered investors and should not be extended to airdroppers at all because they are not investing in their project, why should they be asked to submit their details?
Activity: 616
Merit: 114
Bountylord.com
August 01, 2018, 06:14:32 AM
Stop. And never provide your documents for the KYC identification in Airdrops, this is the sure way to be scammed. Most likely your data will be sold in the dark market and will be used for unknown purposes.
Activity: 273
August 01, 2018, 06:05:12 AM

I do not recommend you to provide personal information about you, especially for Airdrops.Last year, i was a frequent member of airdrops and pointed to my working e-mail.Which was later hacked.To this address and now comes a lot of emails from fraudulent airdrops.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 520
August 01, 2018, 05:30:07 AM
The main reason of crypto currency is encryption and stay anonymous , I don't know why some airdrop and bounties ask for KYC , I participated in some bounties and some of them asked for KYC , honestly i posted my KYC coz it was some money i couldn't neglect , but sometimes it wasn't fair coz a few of them didn't say they need KYC at the beginning , I think if they want KYC they must ask it first and don't extort from people by holding their bounty tokens for KYC!
Activity: 294
Merit: 103
August 01, 2018, 05:28:54 AM
Only if you are really sure about the airdrop and have done research on the team behind it should you send your private information to them. Sending ID and other info to get 10$ or less worth of coins doesn't make much sense for me.
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
EVERID Decentralized platform for a new Economy
August 01, 2018, 05:02:39 AM

Some may be genuine, but some are undoubtedly scams. I don't think it's worth the risk. Just leave these alone. It doesn't make sense to take this sort of risk for the prospect of just a few dollars reward.
airdrop os not twhta i think is good but youncan try it of course and try to get profit ftom it and then make your own decison
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
EVERID Decentralized platform for a new Economy
August 01, 2018, 05:01:54 AM
i am  ot a fan of airdrops i think that it is more like a matter o luck that a matter f ylur abilitoes and knowledge
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
August 01, 2018, 05:00:56 AM

Some may be genuine, but some are undoubtedly scams. I don't think it's worth the risk. Just leave these alone. It doesn't make sense to take this sort of risk for the prospect of just a few dollars reward.
Pages:
Jump to: