Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC, during or post ICO? - page 3. (Read 540 times)

Activity: 130
Merit: 1
August 16, 2018, 08:18:53 AM
Yeah KYC will necessary in participating ICO but once this token get listed on exchanges...you can buy without KYC. Then, what's the purpose in investing at ICO if you can buy it at exchanges with lower price.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
August 16, 2018, 07:00:43 AM
I don't see anything wrong with KYC but it should be done at the beginning of the project not the middle or at the end of the project because you will not even know that they wants to do KYC and by the time you knows its already late and you will lose your money.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
August 16, 2018, 04:54:36 AM
I wonder why most project don't introduce kyc before the beginning of the project but they often compulsory kyc at the middle of the project
Activity: 412
Merit: 100
The Protocol for the Audience Economy
August 16, 2018, 03:49:09 AM
I can not say about the pros or cons of kyc. I understand that kyc adds more transparency to companies. I'm going through this procedure and I'm not afraid of the consequences.
Activity: 98
August 14, 2018, 12:47:20 AM
Kyc is to introduced before the commencement of the project. It should not be recommended during the ongoing ICO
Activity: 188
August 13, 2018, 02:54:32 PM
Kyc during the ICO is not what should be done most bounty campaign did that to cheat on bounty participants
Activity: 392
Merit: 21
August 11, 2018, 07:35:10 AM
KYC is a good protocol to be practiced by ICO's management so that they can secure their projects from the people who are their in their restricted zones and from the bots . I think issuing a KYC on the post ICO is not good enough, for me , it is better to issue it on pre ICO or on ICO period so that the investors and participants can be fully prepared to submit their qualifications.
Activity: 171
August 11, 2018, 03:34:54 AM
Usually, ico usually requires KYC when registering a whitelist. I think that's better. Even for the bounty, the information requested KYC should be in the early stages of launching the campaign. However, devs team can change the structure and the rules to bring more suitability.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 101
August 11, 2018, 03:13:45 AM
What is the  pros and cons of doing the KYC during the ICO or post the ICO?

I've participated in many ICOs, some of the force you to do the KYC before you can buy their tokens, others they wait and later send you a KYC email/request. so i am wondering what are the pros and cons of each approach

First of all i say KYC is needed for bounty to get relief from cheater. And still i did not get any manager that force me to do kyc, it was only trams and condition that if  i did kyc i will get tokens or not. IF it does in first of ICO, it is much better. If you have everything ok you need not to worry about kyc. Just do work and be safe.
Activity: 86
August 11, 2018, 12:44:39 AM
I think that KYC has been implemented for a good reason.. You wouldn't want money laundering to flourish would you?

On the other hand, I would never give out my personal information to shady ICOs though since they are not worth the risk... It's a good thing that menlo.one is launching soon since we will only be required to submit KYC requirements once making ICO investing very convenient in the near future.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
August 11, 2018, 12:40:31 AM
Actually, kyc is a bad thing. Many people can find out your address, Name and surname. But in some countries it is forbidden to participate in the ico and therefore need a kyc.
In some countries, such as the US and China, participation in ICO projects is prohibited in the sense that citizens are prohibited from investing in these projects. That is, states are afraid that their citizens will suffer losses because of ICO's risky projects and their fraudulent teams. These states do not care whether you advertise these projects or not, participating in the generosity campaigns of ICO, because in this case you can not lose your money, because you do not invest your money in such projects. Therefore, the requirement to pass a KYC test from bounty hunters is illegal. Such requirements of these states regarding bounty hunters do not and can not be. Therefore, now many ICO teams agree that the KYC audit is conducted only against investors.
Activity: 658
August 10, 2018, 07:21:04 PM
KYC is needed to know the identity of the token owner, so that the token is not easy to be owned by a scammer. but there is no guarantee about the data we send. I am afraid that data will be misused and used for other purposes.
better be careful and ask the ICO team about data security.
Activity: 378
August 10, 2018, 07:19:45 PM
KYC is a must for investors in the ICO project because it avoids market manipulation from individuals. KYC is only needed for investors, and with bounty members, airdrop is not necessary because Token for bounty accounts for just under 3% while for Token sale is 60%.
Activity: 126
August 10, 2018, 07:05:34 PM
KYC is risky because everyone wants to keep some special informations so somebody may not invest some platform that need to KYC
Activity: 32
August 10, 2018, 05:57:47 PM
 Many of scammers will take money from you for their tokens. And then they will sell your data that you provided to them through KYC
copper member
Activity: 16
August 10, 2018, 10:45:58 AM
I don't think that most of the crypto projects need KYC. If an ICO needs KYC, probably it shouldn't been running... This kind of audits are for securities, not cryptocurrencies nor altcoins...
Activity: 99
August 10, 2018, 10:32:39 AM
Actually, kyc is a bad thing. Many people can find out your address, Name and surname. But in some countries it is forbidden to participate in the ico and therefore need a kyc.
Activity: 196
August 10, 2018, 10:07:33 AM

I've participated in many ICOs, some of the force you to do the KYC before you can buy their tokens, others they wait and later send you a KYC email/request. so i am wondering what are the pros and cons of each approach

I don't see any huge difference between before and after ICO approaches. I prefer doing KYC before, because it's more clear for you and the company to make identification.
Activity: 358
Merit: 29
ASO Service
August 10, 2018, 09:31:02 AM
Why look for the pros and cons of each approach, if the result is what KYC needs to do. For example, many bounty hunters against this, for them it is unacceptable
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
August 10, 2018, 09:14:11 AM

As long you do sent out about your information then its already considered to be a Cons. You already exposed out those important information about yourself and just like others said it would possibly be used into other purpose. This is why as an investor and if you dont like KYC then you should really clear things up earlier, if it would need kyc or not even on the first days of sale or even on the last days.
Its your responsibility to seek deep through.
Pages:
Jump to: