Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC, during or post ICO? - page 5. (Read 540 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 10
August 08, 2018, 01:48:17 PM
KYC after ico is rare. Maybe to protect the big investment or other problems. However, they can change their strategy according to different circumstances and conditions, requirements or surrounding legal issues.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
August 08, 2018, 12:26:11 PM
Dont see anything bad about kyc, its an ordinary procesure

it's not about if a KYC to be included or not, the question is when to have it as must, before user can buy token or post the ICO
Activity: 114
Merit: 1
August 08, 2018, 10:44:39 AM
Dont see anything bad about kyc, its an ordinary procesure
Activity: 188
August 08, 2018, 10:41:56 AM
I think kyc should be recommended at the beginning of the project not the middle or at the end of the project
August 08, 2018, 04:47:44 AM
asking you to do KYC before you buy is straight forward and an honest way . But asking for KYC after you send them your money is kinda tricky and I do not like this way of dealing, Unless it was not planned and they kinda forced to do it which is so rare, any project should be aware and prepared before they start their ICO .

Agree, the best option is to let the KYC as optional during the ICO and later ask for the KYC post the ICO. This will make the process more flexible for both project owner and buyer   
Activity: 332
August 07, 2018, 12:53:25 PM
To my mind it's more reasonable to ask kyc after ICO. Because not all the ICOs end successfully, and developers have to give money back.Why should investors give their personal data to the project which hasn't proved to be successful yet?
Activity: 680
Merit: 101
August 07, 2018, 12:48:16 PM
KYC is a part of ico that requires you to fill your identity to fulfill the requirements to participate in the ico program that you follow, because there are certain countries that are not required to participate, and usually that happens after they send a box to you, and after you fill it out, You get results from ico that you follow.
Activity: 840
Merit: 266
August 07, 2018, 11:39:49 AM
asking you to do KYC before you buy is straight forward and an honest way . But asking for KYC after you send them your money is kinda tricky and I do not like this way of dealing, Unless it was not planned and they kinda forced to do it which is so rare, any project should be aware and prepared before they start their ICO .
Activity: 826
Merit: 518
August 07, 2018, 11:35:44 AM
What is the  pros and cons of doing the KYC during the ICO or post the ICO?

I've participated in many ICOs, some of the force you to do the KYC before you can buy their tokens, others they wait and later send you a KYC email/request. so i am wondering what are the pros and cons of each approach

Passing the KYC during the ICO period is better because some countries don't allow you to participate on ICO's if you are from that country you invested earlier but later if you want to pass KYC you may not so you will lose your money.Bu many people were afraid to expose their personal details earlier because of the personal information can be misused if they are scammers.
Activity: 198
Merit: 1
August 07, 2018, 11:31:48 AM

I've participated in many ICOs, some of the force you to do the KYC before you can buy their tokens, others they wait and later send you a KYC email/request. so i am wondering what are the pros and cons of each approach

If you are investing legal (tax paid) money in ICOs and if you will be declaring the profits and paying taxes , from your investments in ICO,there should not be any problems with KYCs
But if investing in ICOs/Cryptos is illegal in your country,you should stay away from ICOs that require KYC documents
Activity: 154
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
August 07, 2018, 11:31:14 AM
If I trust in the project - I will pass KYC. If I don't trust in the project - I will never pass)
And in general - I am a law-abiding citizen of the country except that I have a bitcoin) Therefore if someone learns who I am such - I won't strongly be upset.
Though, I heard stories when just according to the photo of the passport of the person took the credit - here already you begin to think
August 07, 2018, 08:43:54 AM

Pages:
Jump to: