Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for ICO, is it good or bad idea? - page 6. (Read 2017 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 12
October 26, 2018, 06:28:23 AM
I am not at all interested in participating projects that require KYC. I don't support it. As there is no guarantee that your data would be safe and it wouldn't get leaked by any third person. There days data is also very important and it can be traded with money.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
October 26, 2018, 06:08:46 AM
I think it is a good idea, because I hate scammers, that are using multi accounts to cheat the community or the manager. Everyone should earn what he deserves. KYC will help to identify these people and kick them out.
Activity: 518
Merit: 124
October 26, 2018, 06:06:11 AM
To me KYC for ICO is a good idea, the only bad thing about KYC is when the company you submit your KYC information to, now turn scam, that will put all those who participated in the KYC in danger, because their data can be misused.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
October 26, 2018, 06:03:23 AM
KYC for ICO is not a bad idea,it has alot of advantages when it comes to security and it will also aid the confidence of investors in that particular project.
copper member
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
October 26, 2018, 05:55:46 AM
we are divided in KYC isssue,its a bad idea for those who involve in money loundring and good idea for those play fair. but in my opinon its a good idea.
play fair play safe with KYC.... thanks. its decentralized technology but goverment want to control via KYC.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
The Exchange for EOS Community
October 26, 2018, 05:38:50 AM
This is a fairly common procedure that exists in banks and other financial institutions. I have nothing against identity verification in ICO, but here in airdrops...

I like ICO projects or Bounty campaigns that capture us KYC, because now many fraud projects are coming out, if KYC will limit those scams that exist in this market, I know is not entirely against them, but also somewhat reduced,
Activity: 783
Merit: 100
October 26, 2018, 04:54:12 AM
kyc for ico can be a security step for investors before getting coins, because it can identify anyone who participates and that can be used as a way to avoid using coins for crime. that's a good idea
Activity: 560
Merit: 3
October 26, 2018, 04:50:45 AM
When large payments are made, KYC is very much needed so that the same person does not participate in bounty and in ISO. But I do not understand when the payment of a penny, and a difficult KYC have to take a very long time
Activity: 714
Merit: 253
October 26, 2018, 01:16:53 AM
This is a fairly common procedure that exists in banks and other financial institutions. I have nothing against identity verification in ICO, but here in airdrops...
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
October 25, 2018, 06:00:29 AM
I'm currently working on my master thesis about ICO ratings (also considering KYC procedures). For this purpose I prepared a short survey (about 4 minutes) for ICO investors. If you could help me out here I'd be delighted. Your financial situation and behaviour will not be enquired and the results will solely be used for academic purposes.

Thanks a lot in advance!

http://grenoble.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_d4gMcVoRSMHkMZv
Activity: 2100
Merit: 641
sig. code creator start @$10 - PM me!
October 25, 2018, 05:59:22 AM
It is a bad idea!!!
Why do developers need it?
Is that the law is necessary.
I'm not sure, they really need it. The main reason regarding citizenship (maybe). But does it cause significant loss, if someone from a country they don't wanna be their investor? shouldn't investors have to send their funds at the beginning?
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
”Decentralized Digital Billboards”
October 25, 2018, 05:43:57 AM
I have already written on this subject on this topic. KYS is needed only for registration in the company, and at the end IKO is no longer needed. The fact is that IKO lasts a long time after the end of the subscription company and KYC is forgotten. Even if you wrote posts for half a year. That is still half a year to wait for KYC.
Activity: 294
October 25, 2018, 05:30:58 AM
In my opinion, for ICO KYC it is necessary for investors to really see who they are dealing with and whether this or that project will succeed!
Activity: 308
Merit: 3
October 25, 2018, 05:25:10 AM
For me it is a good idea to prevent money laundering and bots and multiple accounts to acquire a reward.
Activity: 154
October 25, 2018, 05:21:19 AM
I can not give a definite answer. on the one hand, this is good because dishonest users cannot earn more than they should be, but on the other hand, this is very bad because the developers themselves are starting to cheat
phm
Activity: 378
Merit: 110
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
October 25, 2018, 05:16:02 AM
I think KYC for ICO is very bad idea. How many final products do you know? why must I send docs then?
Activity: 252
October 25, 2018, 05:13:05 AM
KYC is good for the security of sellers and buyers,investors Yes it increases investor confidence,but violates privacy in the decentralized world of cryptocurrencies.I do not support KYC in ICO and bounty.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 333
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
October 23, 2018, 05:13:25 AM
I personally against introduction of KYC for participants of bounty of the program. These people do advertizing to the project and why them still to provide the personal information. I wouldn't want to give someone data on myself.
i think its correlated with SEC commision rules.and the developers team make prevention action to their project and investors.they just worry if someday regulation againts them.
Activity: 336
October 23, 2018, 05:08:39 AM
As long as there is nothing wrong (used for important things or completing documents), I think KYC really needs to be used in documents. As long as it's not used incorrectly or for improper use, I don't think it's a problem. Cool
Activity: 692
Merit: 254
terra-credit.com
October 23, 2018, 04:50:42 AM
KYC alone is already a bad idea, IMO. Sending your sensitive information to them which might be used against you as your ID contains vital information that would help them hack your account. Rumors has it too that the information you send to them will be sold in the darkweb and they will earn money from your data.
Nah… I know a lot of people will be against the idea of having KYC for ICOs, so am I, but they are important for ICOs and I read that the US SEC is preparing to prosecute ICOs that are being held without KYC. Things can have advantage but there will also be disadvantages, cause some stupid will always try to find a way of misusing that good thing. I’ve also come to know that it is fake ICOs that don’t require KYC. Majority of the legit ICOs require KYC for it.
I see a lot of ICO scam requests KYC. And they will sell those KYC files, so most people do not want KYC because it violates privacy. But if they really want to join the ICO they have to accept KYC. I personally respect privacy so I never participate in ICO projects and only invest in the altcoin listed at the exchange.
Pages:
Jump to: