Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for ICO, is it good or bad idea? - page 8. (Read 2017 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 100
October 21, 2018, 01:32:18 PM
I think kyc is very good idea for a ico. Cause by this they can verify real investor and about theirs details.  Also buy this they can catch scammer. That's why I think kyc is very important.
if to speak specifically from the investor, to really provide personal data should be the norm. But we must understand that in this situation an investor will risk his passport data only for the sake of a really very promising project.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
October 21, 2018, 01:32:04 PM
Kyc for investors and bounty hunters has become a necessary procedure for some projects . basically , this applies to projects whose tokens have the properties of securities ( that is, they promise profit to their holders). So projects  prepare for possible inspections by the SEC. Although, there are projects that require kyc is unclear why, perhaps to resell our data to third parties. Grin
Activity: 278
Merit: 1
October 21, 2018, 01:30:36 PM
I think kyc is very good idea for a ico. Cause by this they can verify real investor and about theirs details.  Also buy this they can catch scammer. That's why I think kyc is very important.
RBF
Activity: 212
Merit: 114
October 21, 2018, 01:24:50 PM
Hi, everybody. With the development of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology,not only good ideas and projects began to develop,but also those who want to get a lot of money on the HYIP,  use new technologies for their personal purposes. Projects began to carry out the KYC procedure for investors, airdrops, bounties to protect their projects from prosecution by the authorities, to improve security, to know their investors in person. But maybe we can use the KYC procedure not only for buyers but also for sellers. If we introduce such a procedure for new projects, it will increase the level of investor confidence, as well as deter many fake projects from collecting our funds, protect our crypto assets from fraud. This procedure can be entered in this forum to host projects or in special platform. The project developer will have to provide his personal and contact details.
Do you think this is a good or bad idea? Express your opinion.
this is good idea . KYC eliminates cheaters and multiple accounts. But the bounty manager must ensure the hunter's information security. There are now many fraudulent projects taking the info of bounty hunters for sale.
be careful.
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000
October 21, 2018, 01:15:17 PM
If KYC for investors I think it's a good idea. But still personal data must be stored very safe in that way.
Now there is a great uncertainty in the crypto currency, investing it, and in almost everything connected with the crypto currency. Personal data is like a cover!? or once again earn money on the black market!? I do not mind the KYC service if it is familiar to all.  And that data isn't left on the darknet.
Activity: 770
October 21, 2018, 01:03:12 PM
Hi, everybody. With the development of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology,not only good ideas and projects began to develop,but also those who want to get a lot of money on the HYIP,  use new technologies for their personal purposes. Projects began to carry out the KYC procedure for investors, airdrops, bounties to protect their projects from prosecution by the authorities, to improve security, to know their investors in person. But maybe we can use the KYC procedure not only for buyers but also for sellers. If we introduce such a procedure for new projects, it will increase the level of investor confidence, as well as deter many fake projects from collecting our funds, protect our crypto assets from fraud. This procedure can be entered in this forum to host projects or in special platform. The project developer will have to provide his personal and contact details.
I think this is good, because anything can happen with our wallet, when something happens we can be helped by KYC. it's just that anonymity in crypto will disappear with this KYC.
Activity: 266
October 21, 2018, 12:53:44 PM
If KYC for investors I think it's a good idea. But still personal data must be stored very safe in that way.
Activity: 239
CAT.EX Exchange
October 21, 2018, 12:47:53 PM
Hi, everybody. With the development of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology,not only good ideas and projects began to develop,but also those who want to get a lot of money on the HYIP,  use new technologies for their personal purposes. Projects began to carry out the KYC procedure for investors, airdrops, bounties to protect their projects from prosecution by the authorities, to improve security, to know their investors in person. But maybe we can use the KYC procedure not only for buyers but also for sellers. If we introduce such a procedure for new projects, it will increase the level of investor confidence, as well as deter many fake projects from collecting our funds, protect our crypto assets from fraud. This procedure can be entered in this forum to host projects or in special platform. The project developer will have to provide his personal and contact details.

I think you are part of a bounty hunter, of course nowadays almost all KYCs are always included, both for investors and bounty hunters like us. there are advantages and disadvantages behind it all, we all know that our data can be used for crime. this is hard to reject because otherwise we won't get anything
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
Semi-Decentralized Exchange
October 21, 2018, 12:41:42 PM
I believe that when investing, everyone should remain anonymous and all these identity checks can very badly affect us. Personally, I try never to send my documents because it is dangerous
Activity: 854
Merit: 102
MoonDeFi
October 21, 2018, 11:16:26 AM
of course yes! This is the process of confirming the identity and it is a guarantee that the person is confirmed and does not make the content from other accounts. The project itself wants to save itself
Activity: 546
💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲
October 21, 2018, 10:53:27 AM
in my opinion it is worth thinking about, because for some big people who have names. KYC in the ICO is something that can be disturbing us in the future. If indeed the ICO has reliable teams and partners, KYC may not be a problem. besides with KYC, our access will be made easier to more know about the project
Activity: 308
October 21, 2018, 10:51:45 AM
I don't support KYC in ICO. It doesn't matter how little the informations are, I don't want to share with them. It's like fiat banks and government all over again.

I agree, for me sharing are informations with ICOs aren’t that necessary it’s like sharing your private key to strangers you don’t know what or where they’ll use your info.
Activity: 700
Merit: 260
October 21, 2018, 10:46:18 AM
I strongly agree with the KYC policy (Know your customer) on the ICO project because it is essentially to find out who the project investor is, to prevent suspicious transactions, the Cryptocurreny company implements an anti-money laundering (AML) program and prevention of terrorism funding, information I compiled from several articles on the internet that ICO or Cryptocurreny are very often made money laundering places.
Activity: 448
October 21, 2018, 10:31:29 AM
Earlier, when the process was only integrated, I thought that this process was very cruel to investors, because the investment was only to take place through the KYC process, nothing has changed today, but I begin to suspect that this was done against investors.
Activity: 468
The world’s first Play, Learn and Earn
October 21, 2018, 10:30:31 AM
Why not? For more than 8 months KYC is a usual standard in crypto, so I don't see something strange in passing KYC procedure.
For me it is easy, I have nothing to be hidden
Activity: 348
The Exchange for EOS Community
October 21, 2018, 10:30:06 AM
I think for a certain amount kyc shouldn't be needed, like for 10000 Usd. Small investors don't like to share private information with somebody they don't know. (I hate it actually)
Activity: 1190
October 21, 2018, 10:28:45 AM
I think it's a good idea, because in this market there are too many scams, in the end, what we need are investors, not scammers, so it's good that we put different measures to make the market more stable and attractive, because so much instability can be counterproductive if we want to bring new people into this.

I think on the contrary, the application of KYC actually makes investors afraid of investing, they are worried that the data will be sold to third parties, thus making ICOs that implement KYC not favored by big investors.
Activity: 154
October 21, 2018, 10:05:32 AM
I think this is a good idea because in this way dishonest users will not be able to earn more coins than they should be, but you just need to figure out how you can regulate the developers themselves as they become more frequent when they leave with the depositors and give nothing
Activity: 645
October 21, 2018, 10:04:15 AM

Really. It would be better if all members of the team passed the KYC procedure. And then on some projects there are no simple photos of team members. Although scammers this will not stop the data being bought and sold. And what prevents the team from downloading stolen data, and give the project for real. KYC does not guarantee nothing, for this reason I do not see the point in it.
Activity: 559
Merit: 102
October 21, 2018, 09:54:58 AM
KYC is not really needed in crypto. It breaks the rules that crypto brings so I do not like KYC and I think there are many people who will be like me. However, if you join the ICO then surely we need KYC so we need to consider carefully before joining.
Pages:
Jump to: