Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC Requirement for Bounty Managers before they require KYC to bounty hunters. - page 10. (Read 10189 times)

legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130
I cannot understand this as well, because some projects require KYC only for bounty participants, however investors could stay anonymous. This is just silly, because such teams want to share smaller rewards with their bounty participants.
Before they asked their bounty participants to do KYC, they already did that on their investors. Investors should be do KYC before they buying their token during ICO, so there is no any of their investors who stay anonymous.
Yea, but my advice just stay away from any project which require you to do KYC, because you don't know what will they do with your information
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
I cannot understand this as well, because some projects require KYC only for bounty participants, however investors could stay anonymous. This is just silly, because such teams want to share smaller rewards with their bounty participants.
Activity: 812
Merit: 100
Well, i think it is not necessary to requiring KYC for bounty manager, if they are a trusted manager here in this forum.
The one we must verify is not only the bounty manager, but the ICO as well whether they real or fraud.
Participating in a fraud ICO bounty is same as wasting your time and efforts for nothing.
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
First of all, I don't like the idea of KYC in both situations. But i  case bounty managers asking for KYC in bounty hunters, this is a great idea to ask for their KYC also especially knowing that there are not so good bounty managers. This I think would be fair.
Activity: 822
Merit: 100
Bounty manager is not at fault but project team, bounty manager can't mandate kyc for bounty participants, the team must have requested for it through the manager.
If this will be required from the bounty then the team should start doing a public kyc before requesting money from ico participants.
copper member
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
CryptoMarketAds
Even though that it may seem so unfair because like you said that we are not investors, but we respect what the bounty manager requires us to do. Because we also are considered as a token holder. And some of the bounty hunters are making some multiple accounts in order to cheat, so KYC was very helpful on that part.
Activity: 742
Merit: 250
I feel like it's not fair for bounty hunters to submit KYC when joining bounty campaigns because we are not an investor. We will never be involved with any anti money laundering because we don't invest with money but with TIME and Effort instead. Personally I'm NOT very comfortable submitting my ID's for the simple reason that these are startup companies and we don't even know if they can be trusted.

How do they know that you are not cheating on their bounty. Because so many people have done so to earn money from bounty
Activity: 546
I assume all bounty managers already presented some docs to the project team before they handle their bounty programs, no team will let someone unknown to them handle their bounty programs and email addresses of the participants. If you mean you want the bounty manager be known personally to the participants, there's a problem there, he will receive lots of personal messages in social medias trying to make up for something or to get special treatment from him,
Activity: 1708
Merit: 651
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
If you delve into the details, it is not the bounty managers that require verification, but projects for which they work. If you want equality, demand it from the developers.
Activity: 686
Merit: 11
Exactly my fear.. Why do they have to get us go through that is actually frustrating for crying out loud. It's even fair with bounty campaigns that have it clearly stated out from the inception, so anyone not comfortable would have opted not joining. In sharp contrast to this are those who at the very end will start telling faithful bounty supporters there is a mandatory kyc for rewards payment.
Merit: 123
This always have been a subject which have induced much discussion in community.
You have a good point but consider if the token is a subject to laws that require all holders to be identified ,then it doe snot matter if you are a investor or not.
Activity: 402
Merit: 101
I feel like it's not fair for bounty hunters to submit KYC when joining bounty campaigns because we are not an investor. We will never be involved with any anti money laundering because we don't invest with money but with TIME and Effort instead. Personally I'm NOT very comfortable submitting my ID's for the simple reason that these are startup companies and we don't even know if they can be trusted.
one problem for bounty hunter is they can cheating the campaign by using multi account or spamming the campaign that's why BM need KYC for hunter.

like i agree with you Bounty manager is need to submit kyc to developer, but as i can see BM from some bounty management service is trusted, that's why i never suspect them if it from trusted manager
I believe that if bounty hunters are required to do KYC, investors must do it as well. Otherwise it makes absolutely no sense, and I agree with you that if one party should do KYC, all other involved parties must do the same.
fvb
Activity: 1470
Merit: 13
Most are true, that bounty hunters don't like this. Because sometimes KYC is also complicated by those who do it. That's why most bounty hunters don't like that. But actually we as bounty hunters cannot do anything unless we have to get the token. If not we will lose what we did, so look for a bounty that doesn't do kyc. And ask the project group before participating.
It is clear that it is better to look for projects without KYC, but the rules of the companies always say that they can change them at their discretion.  Already several times faced with this on personal experience.
copper member
Activity: 462
As a bounty hunter, personally I hate the idea of this KYC of a thing, but saying bounty managers should also submit KYC is a bit complicated because I don't know who they are going to submit to. 
Activity: 686
Merit: 12
I really don't see any meaning in the KYC requirement. KYC requirement to me is like a waste of precious because these ICOs are not regulated by any authority but they do claim that they already got license from a particular country ministry of finance or whatever but in actually sense they are all liars and the KYCs they request doesn't go anywhere.
1. to sell fresh scans on the black market
2. as few people as possible pay the bounty remaining to sell or distribute to themselves.
3. just because they can
4. no one knows the law and ithey afraid that they will not be go in jail
Activity: 966
Merit: 111
Most are true, that bounty hunters don't like this. Because sometimes KYC is also complicated by those who do it. That's why most bounty hunters don't like that. But actually we as bounty hunters cannot do anything unless we have to get the token. If not we will lose what we did, so look for a bounty that doesn't do kyc. And ask the project group before participating.
Activity: 573
Merit: 11
I really don't see any meaning in the KYC requirement. KYC requirement to me is like a waste of precious because these ICOs are not regulated by any authority but they do claim that they already got license from a particular country ministry of finance or whatever but in actually sense they are all liars and the KYCs they request doesn't go anywhere.
Activity: 588
Minter
Bounty hunters are paid such ridiculous sums for bounty that they do not need to undergo KYC. I do not understand why they should spend so much time checking KYC at hunters.
Activity: 184
Kyc is not a good idea, I don't see it as something that should be made compulsory for hunters to claim their bounty rewards, I see as a way of denying hunters their reward, so it should be stopped
Pages:
Jump to: