Pages:
Author

Topic: L3+/L3++ voltage tuning script - page 3. (Read 3421 times)

Activity: 71
Merit: 1
June 17, 2018, 10:29:32 AM
I can give you access to my L3++
just pm me
legendary
Activity: 1612
Merit: 1608
精神分析的爸
June 17, 2018, 10:27:53 AM
Oh well, another new cgminer output with json glitches, this time it's the L3++.
Don't know why every version of cgminer I have met has invalid json output that has to be fixed first.

Anyway, thanks to your pasted output I could (hopefully) fix that as I have no L3++ to test against.

Please change into your bitmain-tools directory and do:

Code:
git pull
cd scripts
./l3plus_autotune.py

Let's see if that gets us any further.
June 17, 2018, 09:36:16 AM
ok now I get this

jhgosselin@Master-VRTJMB:~/bitmain-tools/scripts$ ./l3plus_autotune.py -i 10.0.100.141
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Crypto/Cipher/blockalgo.py:141: FutureWarning: CTR mode needs counter parameter, not IV
  self._cipher = factory.new(key, *args, **kwargs)
/config/sv binary not found on target miner, installing it first:
MD5sum [113ad2c06daac293386e28807ea35671] matches, good.
Binary /config/sv successfully installed.
Failed to decode json reply:
Expecting , delimiter: line 1 column 222 (char 221)

{"STATUS":[{"STATUS":"S","When":1529242535,"Code":70,"Msg":"CGMiner stats","Description":"cgminer 4.9.0"}],"STATS":[{"CGMiner":"4.9.0","Miner":"1.0.1.3","CompileTime":"Thu Apr 12 15:55:21 CST 2018","Type":"Antminer L3++"}{"STATS":0,"ID":"L30","Elapsed":68458,"Calls":0,"Wait":0.000000,"Max":0.000000,"Min":99999999.000000,"GHS 5s":"582.46","GHS av":588.22,"miner_count":4,"frequency":"456","fan_num":2,"fan1":3660,"fan2":3690,"temp_num":4,"temp1":56,"temp2":54,"temp3":53,"temp4":50,"temp2_1":65,"temp2_2":62,"temp2_3":61,"temp2_4":56,"temp31":0,"temp32":0,"temp33":0,"temp34":0,"temp4_1":0,"temp4_2":0,"temp4_3":0,"temp4_4":0,"temp_max":56,"Device Hardware%":0.0000,"no_matching_work":23283,"chain_acn1":72,"chain_acn2":72,"chain_acn3":72,"chain_acn4":72,"chain_acs1":" oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo","chain_acs2":" oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo","chain_acs3":" oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo","chain_acs4":" oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooxoooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo","chain_hw1":4670,"chain_hw2":167,"chain_hw3":697,"chain_hw4":17749,"chain_rate1":"139.24","chain_rate2":"155.34","chain_rate3":"146.29","chain_rate4":"141.59"}],"id":1}
jhgosselin@Master-VRTJMB:~/bitmain-tools/scripts$
legendary
精神分析的爸
June 17, 2018, 09:20:03 AM
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root  4096 Jun 17 08:50 .
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root  4096 Jun 17 08:50 ..
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 27269 Jun 17 08:50 l3plus_autotune.py
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  2137 Jun 17 08:50 README.md
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 29976 Jun 17 08:50 sv.txt
@Master-VRTJMB:~/bitmain-tools/scripts$ ./l3plus_autotune.py
/usr/bin/env: ‘python’: No such file or directory
@Master-VRTJMB:~/bitmain-tools/scripts$

Ah, good I asked. You seem to have installed a rather minimal Ubuntu VM with no python, but no problem. Do the following:

Code:
sudo apt-get install python2.7

While at it you might also want to install the required paramiko module:
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-paramiko

But already after your first step the error should look different (reporting that you need paramiko too).
June 17, 2018, 08:57:51 AM
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root  4096 Jun 17 08:50 .
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root  4096 Jun 17 08:50 ..
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 27269 Jun 17 08:50 l3plus_autotune.py
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  2137 Jun 17 08:50 README.md
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 29976 Jun 17 08:50 sv.txt
@Master-VRTJMB:~/bitmain-tools/scripts$ ./l3plus_autotune.py

legendary
精神分析的爸
June 17, 2018, 08:56:04 AM
I am in the directory where the files were downloaded, as per your intruction
BTW their is a typo on your instructions, you spelled bitmian instead of bitmain Smiley
I tried with and without the ./ in and out of the installation dir Sad

Thanks for spotting that, I fixed the typo.

I am a bit unsure where you could be stuck or what could be missing.

Could you change into the bitmain-tools/scripts directory and try the following two commands and paste the output here:

Code:
ls -la
./l3plus_autotune.py

Generally, the more info you post, the easier is it to guide you through the procedure.
June 17, 2018, 08:38:51 AM
I am in the directory where the files were downloaded, as per your intruction
BTW their is a typo on your instructions, you spelled bitmian instead of bitmain Smiley
I tried with and without the ./ in and out of the installation dir Sad

@Master-VRTJMB:~/bitmain-tools/scripts$ ./l3plus_autotune.py -i 10.0.100.141
legendary
精神分析的爸
June 17, 2018, 06:31:50 AM
I have quite a few L3+
I installed a linux VM
Now if I understand corerectly, I first set the  clock of the miner. let say 452mh
then I run the script and it will find the best voltage for it yes ?

Yes, that's right. You first set your desired freq and then let the script find the best voltage setting for each of the four chains in your L3+.

Could you post what you did exactly posting the exact commands you entered?
The "command not found" normally hints that you are missing the path to the command. I.e. if you are in the directory where l3plus_autotune.py is located, you need to add "./" in front of it to tell the shell that you want to execute the command in the same folder.

HTH
June 16, 2018, 08:28:33 PM
I get command not found
June 16, 2018, 06:35:48 PM
Hi Again,

I have quite a few L3+
I installed a linux VM
Now if I understand corerectly, I first set the  clock of the miner. let say 452mh
then I run the script and it will find the best voltage for it yes ?

Thanks
legendary
精神分析的爸
June 11, 2018, 08:30:41 AM
I love what this can do - Any interest in creating one for the A3 miner?

I have only L3+ so somebody else would have to do this.
But it should be very easy to port over to A3 or other Antminers that offer the same possibilities (voltage control).
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
June 10, 2018, 01:05:56 PM
I love what this can do - Any interest in creating one for the A3 miner?
legendary
精神分析的爸
June 01, 2018, 09:42:39 AM
I have pushed a new version to my github and encourage all that are using the script to update. There are a few small bugs fixed and the tuning process should be more accurate and even faster in finding the right values for each of your chains.

A nice feature would be to keep the script running in an infinite loop to always adjust the voltage. The ambient temperature differs quite a bit for my miners and therefore the optimal voltage is different from time to time.

I see your point and considered it but the changes in the script would be quite big with the chance of introducing many new and unneeded bugs. You can already easily achieve the same by a simple shell loop like:

Code:
while true; do ./l3plus_autotune.py -i 10.10.10.33; sleep 900; done

The above line starts the tuning script and waits until it exits, sleeps then 900s (15min) and restarts the script again in a never ending loop (or until you hit CTRL-C).

Happy tuning.

BTW: If people with wattmeters on their miners would post their measurements (before and after tuning and with the respective frequency and voltage-setting) I could try to interpolate watt savings and print a very rough estimate on the savings in Watt for each run of the script.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE
May 31, 2018, 10:58:58 AM
Fantastic tool!

But I do feel that something about it is a bit off, everytime I run the script i feel  like it keeps setting the voltage lower and lower.

I ran the script 7 times in a row without doing any changes what so ever in between and this is the results (I converted the hex into decimal too to make it easier so see for us that are not used to hex values Smiley )

Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

The current version on github has still a few minor but annoying bugs, one of them being that it declares a miner that can be downvolted more as "tuned" and exits. I have a version that has these fixed as well as the tuning process improved that I am currently testing on my miners. I will push that version to github in the next two days and will post here then.

Regarding the script running multiple times: That's no problem, the script turns the voltage down as long as there is less than 1 error/min on the respective chain, once there is more errors it starts to increase the voltage again until a point is found where it sill produces errors but less than 1/min and chain.
You can run it as often as you like, with every run it should tune your miner closer to it's ideal voltage at current conditions (frequency and ambient).

Ok, thanks. Looking forward to the new version.  A nice feature would be to keep the script running in an infinite loop to always adjust the voltage. The ambient temperature differs quite a bit for my miners and therefore the optimal voltage is different from time to time.

So finally is this work for now?
it seem very interesting as l3+ now super low profit at all for me.
but i still mining with it and will try this tweak tomorrow
Activity: 50
May 31, 2018, 08:34:51 AM
Fantastic tool!

But I do feel that something about it is a bit off, everytime I run the script i feel  like it keeps setting the voltage lower and lower.

I ran the script 7 times in a row without doing any changes what so ever in between and this is the results (I converted the hex into decimal too to make it easier so see for us that are not used to hex values Smiley )

Thanks.

The current version on github has still a few minor but annoying bugs, one of them being that it declares a miner that can be downvolted more as "tuned" and exits. I have a version that has these fixed as well as the tuning process improved that I am currently testing on my miners. I will push that version to github in the next two days and will post here then.

Regarding the script running multiple times: That's no problem, the script turns the voltage down as long as there is less than 1 error/min on the respective chain, once there is more errors it starts to increase the voltage again until a point is found where it sill produces errors but less than 1/min and chain.
You can run it as often as you like, with every run it should tune your miner closer to it's ideal voltage at current conditions (frequency and ambient).

Ok, thanks. Looking forward to the new version.  A nice feature would be to keep the script running in an infinite loop to always adjust the voltage. The ambient temperature differs quite a bit for my miners and therefore the optimal voltage is different from time to time.

legendary
精神分析的爸
May 31, 2018, 06:36:32 AM
Fantastic tool!

Thanks.

Activity: 50
May 29, 2018, 02:25:17 PM
Fantastic tool!

Chain 1   
b0   176
be   190
c5   197
cc   204
da   218
e1   225
e6   230
Chain 2   
95   149
ad   173
b4   180
bb   187
bb   187
c2   194
c8   200
Chain 3   
84   132
7f   127
7f   127
7f   127
8d   141
8d   141
97   151
Chain 4   
9c   156
b5   181
bc   188
c3   195
c1   193
c1   193
c8   200
legendary
精神分析的爸
May 19, 2018, 07:32:33 AM

Is your script checking to see if sv is already on the miner before installing? Maybe it is trying to re-install it again at some point and failing, leaving it in corrupted state. If check for existence prior to install maybe it will stop this. I did not read your source - just a quick thought.

Yes, the install function is only called if the error string from the miner trying to call sv on ends with " not found":

https://github.com/psycodad-bct/bitmain-tools/blob/master/scripts/l3plus_autotune.py#L158

On top of that a flag is set, that makes sure that it only tries once to install the binary (most failures installing it exit the script anyway) per script run:

https://github.com/psycodad-bct/bitmain-tools/blob/master/scripts/l3plus_autotune.py#L199
Activity: 124
Merit: 47
May 18, 2018, 12:43:05 PM
this time i got this erroe on miner that i already run script before:

Undefined errors occured fetching voltage settings from miner:
sh: /config/sv: Permission denied

Aborting.

I just saw this very same error on one of my miners a few hours ago, but I couldn't find the cause for this behaviour so far.

I had not much time to dig deeper yet, but what happened here was that /config/sv (the slightly varied binary of jstefanops work we install on first run of the script) was truncated from  the 9788 bytes it should have to something around 1000 bytes and has changed permissions (hence the Permission denied).

The simplest way to resolve this is by removing the /config/sv file on the antminer via ssh and letting the script re-install it again. Though my miner where I saw this had to rebooted afterwards as the PIC version suddenly was 0x00 (probably meaning the PIC MCU didn't reply anymore). After a cold boot things were all fine and dandy again and I successfully run the script on that miner.

Could you check for me two things with the miner where you saw that:

1. Was the miner rebooted recently and/or did you have to reboot it to fully recover from this?
2. Before you remove the (assumedly) truncated /config/sv, can you check what is in there with i.e. 'hexdump -C /config/sv' (this might give us a hint what process is responsible for the corrupt binary)

Is your script checking to see if sv is already on the miner before installing? Maybe it is trying to re-install it again at some point and failing, leaving it in corrupted state. If check for existence prior to install maybe it will stop this. I did not read your source - just a quick thought.
legendary
精神分析的爸
May 18, 2018, 10:08:43 AM
this time i got this erroe on miner that i already run script before:

Undefined errors occured fetching voltage settings from miner:
sh: /config/sv: Permission denied

Aborting.

I just saw this very same error on one of my miners a few hours ago, but I couldn't find the cause for this behaviour so far.

I had not much time to dig deeper yet, but what happened here was that /config/sv (the slightly varied binary of jstefanops work we install on first run of the script) was truncated from  the 9788 bytes it should have to something around 1000 bytes and has changed permissions (hence the Permission denied).

The simplest way to resolve this is by removing the /config/sv file on the antminer via ssh and letting the script re-install it again. Though my miner where I saw this had to rebooted afterwards as the PIC version suddenly was 0x00 (probably meaning the PIC MCU didn't reply anymore). After a cold boot things were all fine and dandy again and I successfully run the script on that miner.

Could you check for me two things with the miner where you saw that:

1. Was the miner rebooted recently and/or did you have to reboot it to fully recover from this?
2. Before you remove the (assumedly) truncated /config/sv, can you check what is in there with i.e. 'hexdump -C /config/sv' (this might give us a hint what process is responsible for the corrupt binary)
Pages:
Jump to: