Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 312. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 250
Maybe TheSwede or Labcoin can come and give us an update, it would be nice instead of them rubbing one out. Clearly they are mining with the posted address hash rate/user name would be good.
Activity: 476
That would only make it worse. Then you'd want pictures to prove its them mining. Then you'd want video because of photoshop. Then you'd want gerber files and an explanation for why they missed deadlines.

Bullshit.  If they had provided what they promised (locked shares, stamped blocks, photos before mining) then we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

What difference does it make? In a few weeks either they'll be mining full speed or everyone will peace out.
what difference does it make?  they have been lying to shareholders for at least a week and shareholders want information as to what is going on, and you are saying "what difference does it make"

It makes ALL the difference!  Their credibility is in the shitter!  They have nothing to show!  At this point in time, there is absolutely NOTHING that shows they are a legit business.  A simple forum post of a few lines of text with verifiable information would change all of that, and you say "what difference does it make?"

It would make a HUGE difference to know if they are mining or not.

Virtual business person. virtual business.
so, not legit?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Labcoin could spend 2 minutes to clear things up. But as always they refuse to.
Crazy. Absolutely crazy.
why do you think that is?  what would motivate a team that has lot all credibility to mine and earn money but not tell anyone about it?

what's the most likely explanation?  those are not Labcoin's coins.

I doubt they are.
Activity: 714
Merit: 510
Okay so what stops the scammer from forming a team then  taking turns and pointing their rigs? The scammer doing this could always call in a few of his friends.
you know what stops it?  
Details from Labcoin themselves.  Where are they mining, posting the hash rate, etc.

As long as scamming continues to be profitable, people will continue to do it.

That would only make it worse. Then you'd want pictures to prove its them mining. Then you'd want video because of photoshop. Then you'd want gerber files and an explanation for why they missed deadlines.

Maybe they don't want to explain? Maybe they just want to make money?

What difference does it make? In a few weeks either they'll be mining full speed or everyone will peace out.
Maybe because he bought his cheap shares and he wants you to buy yours. I don't deny that he probably is buying them cheap. But he has said things which crashed the price and missed deadlines that he has set down to the hour.
and you think that's the behavior of a legit business person?

Virtual business person. virtual business. If you wanted a legit business person why don't you deal with the SEC?
Maybe because he bought his cheap shares and he wants you to buy yours. I don't deny that he probably is buying them cheap. But he has said things which crashed the price and missed deadlines that he has set down to the hour.
and you think that's the behavior of a legit business person?
Okay so what stops the scammer from forming a team then  taking turns and pointing their rigs? The scammer doing this could always call in a few of his friends.
you know what stops it? 
Details from Labcoin themselves.  Where are they mining, posting the hash rate, etc.

As long as scamming continues to be profitable, people will continue to do it.
Activity: 350
Crazy. Absolutely crazy.

+1

I feel the same way. Why not just come clean and give us a detailed explanation. It is better than silence.

It's pretty clear to me that Labcoin is not mining in any meaningful way. They'd be bragging about it if they were, and justifiably so.

They're obviously still having issues of some sort and don't want to admit it.
+1
we find ourselves agreeing once again
Anyway if you're right then the mining will stop soon because it wont last through the weekend and probably wouldn't last much longer than 48hr.
it will keep going as long as the price to maintain the scam is less that the profits from selling shares on the spikes every time someone like you says "see, that's proof! Labcoin is mining" and then the share price jumps, scammer makes money, and rinse, repeat.

Okay so what stops the scammer from forming a team then  taking turns and pointing their rigs? The scammer doing this could always call in a few of his friends.

I think you just want cheap shares.

quote author=velacreations link=topic=263445.msg3191870#msg3191870 date=1379618692]
They have no incentive to care about the price of shares.

then why do they beg people to buy shares when the price drops?

Again, we advise anyone to purchase more shares now that they are cheap.

take advantage of the current cheap prices.

[/quote]

They have no incentive to care about the price of shares.

then why do they beg people to buy shares when the price drops?

Again, we advise anyone to purchase more shares now that they are cheap.

take advantage of the current cheap prices.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
At one point I saw it posted somewhere on this forum. They are at BTC Guild. That is all I know at the moment.

All you know is that a payment is coming from BTC Guild.

just a while ago someone mentioned the hash rate:
250 GH/s (= 1.12 BTC / day currently, at 100% PPS)

So, that's like what?  1 USB miner?

My calculation is based on the incoming rate, ignoring the 1st payment (because obviously profits were accumulated, and there's nothing wrong with that, but I have to exclude it to make calculations).

Now it's puzzling that it corresponds to the 250 GH/s of 4 Avalon miners. However, if you assume good faith, there is no evidence for or against the "Avalon" version.

It is a fact, however, that the current incoming rate of BTC on that address corresponds to about 250 GH/s
Activity: 127
Merit: 100
Coinnoisseur
At one point I saw it posted somewhere on this forum. They are at BTC Guild. That is all I know at the moment.

All you know is that a payment is coming from BTC Guild.

just a while ago someone mentioned the hash rate:
250 GH/s (= 1.12 BTC / day currently, at 100% PPS)

So, that's like what?  1 USB miner?

But isn't this figure based on the July screenshot of the avalon miners?
Anyway if you're right then the mining will stop soon because it wont last through the weekend and probably wouldn't last much longer than 48hr.
it will keep going as long as the price to maintain the scam is less that the profits from selling shares on the spikes every time someone like you says "see, that's proof! Labcoin is mining" and then the share price jumps, scammer makes money, and rinse, repeat.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
So I heard that the hashrate was about 250 GH/s ? Amazing company.
Crazy. Absolutely crazy.
why do you think that is?  what would motivate a team that has lot all credibility to mine and earn money but not tell anyone about it?

They already have the money. They have no incentive to care about the price of shares.
The only thing they should care about is getting their chips to work and figuring out how to mine with it.

If share prices drop that even might benefit them because "Cheap shares" for the CEO.
Believe it, he's fully capable of buying shares at cheap prices and using that language to crash the price.

But considering they have plenty of Bitcoins already due to having so many shares, if they would want to crash the price it reveals absolute confidence in their operation. If they were pumping the price then it's likely a scam.
Activity: 420

It's pretty clear to me that Labcoin is not mining in any meaningful way. They'd be bragging about it if they were, and justifiably so.

They're obviously still having issues of some sort and don't want to admit it.
But why would anyone do this if its a scam? Scams aren't supposed to lose money.
People would do this if its to save face but not out of greed.
Scam cost ~4 btc. 
Buy 15K shares at .0022 yesterday: 33 btc.
Sell 15K shares around .0029 yesterday: 43.5 btc

profit: 6.5 btc ON JUST ONE MOVE

They have 7000+ Bitcoins and you're telling me they'll do all that elaborate work for 6.5 BTC?
They are rich already! They already have 30% of 7000+ Bitcoins.

You're acting as if they are desperate teenagers mining from their mothers basements.

dude, you don't get it, it is not Labcoin pulling that scam.  Labcoin is not mining! 

Yes, it is some teenage troll in their basement with a USB miner sending their BTC guild revenue to the Labcoin address to increse the Labcoin share price to sell to the suckers who are buying labcoin right now!
Yeah so they'll do all that for  43.5 BTC when they could have had more if they posted fake pictures?
what makes you think it is Labcoin?  I'm saying it is a 3rd party troll, not labcoin sending those payments to the Labcoin address to generate share price fluctuations.  

That makes some sense. Sure a third party troll could do that. Doing it without getting caught wont be easy though. Also if they can mine so easily, can't they just sell at a loss and mine with their 0.5-1TH?

Crazy. Absolutely crazy.

But why would anyone do this if its a scam? Scams aren't supposed to lose money.
People would do this if its to save face but not out of greed.
Scam cost ~4 btc. 
Buy 15K shares at .0022 yesterday: 33 btc.
Sell 15K shares around .0029 yesterday: 43.5 btc

profit: 6.5 btc ON JUST ONE MOVE

They have 7000+ Bitcoins and you're telling me they'll do all that elaborate work for 6.5 BTC?
They are rich already! They already have 30% of 7000+ Bitcoins.

You're acting as if they are desperate teenagers mining from their mothers basements.
Jump to: