Pages:
Author

Topic: LastLaughingGuy - day trading diary - page 26. (Read 47701 times)

copper member
Activity: 94
Merit: 15
October 21, 2018, 07:18:07 AM

i believe the Trading Discussions board (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=8.0) is better suited for this type of topic though.

Quote from: LastLaughingGuy
the current spike to 6800 i think was mainly induced by the tether fud where ppl would be into btc at the tether exchanges to get out of tether - therefore the premium. so i dont think at all that this candle demonstrates strength.

the bitcoin-tether price does not matter at all. if you check the bitcoin-fiat (such as bitcoin-USD) charts you can see that there has been no surge at all. there was a small rise because of the drama lately but there was no "surge" and price stayed around $6500 as always.

Ok thank you - i thought its mainly about Bitcoin in that economy corner. if it makes sense i don't mind to let the thread being moved.

And with regards to the 2nd point i got a completely different opinion, because tether trades have such a high volume it has an influence. with 6800 i was looking at bitmex which i think got influenced by the bitfinex price. but you are right it was more than just the tether losing so much value. We also saw a big short squeeze and maybe some fomo of ppl thinking we may have broken the downtrend. Coinbase for example did also move to 6800 and is fiat based.

LLG
Activity: 1190
Merit: 255
October 21, 2018, 10:10:17 AM
Tether and bitcoin pair is the best to trade as there is big volume to it and there will be no loss when you exit with USDT and then buy back BTC after dip, its what most of the traders do. I hope to see your 2.9 BTC increase. If there were only copy trade.

Any pro trader would have looked at crypviser today, for some reason it pumped over 100% on hadax. There will probably be a dump somewhere down the line as usual but would have been good to get those gains today

I don't know about that Thule has gone nuts today in meta which I think he was one of the top holder of that coin, top in the richlist. He'll soon dump all he got.
copper member
October 21, 2018, 07:08:34 AM

I'll be happy to watch your deals. I am sure that You will succeed. I hope that Your 2.9 btc will increase 10 btc. Good luck!

Thank you for your kind words Smiley - i got to admit though alot of "IF's" in the equation - lets see

i believe the Trading Discussions board (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=8.0) is better suited for this type of topic though.

the current spike to 6800 i think was mainly induced by the tether fud where ppl would be into btc at the tether exchanges to get out of tether - therefore the premium. so i dont think at all that this candle demonstrates strength.

the bitcoin-tether price does not matter at all. if you check the bitcoin-fiat (such as bitcoin-USD) charts you can see that there has been no surge at all. there was a small rise because of the drama lately but there was no "surge" and price stayed around $6500 as always.

Ok thank you - i thought its mainly about Bitcoin in that economy corner. if it makes sense i don't mind to let the thread being moved.

And with regards to the 2nd point i got a completely different opinion, because tether trades have such a high volume it has an influence. with 6800 i was looking at bitmex which i think got influenced by the bitfinex price. but you are right it was more than just the tether losing so much value. We also saw a big short squeeze and maybe some fomo of ppl thinking we may have broken the downtrend. Coinbase for example did also move to 6800 and is fiat based.

LLG

currently looking at Nano, ICX, XRP, GVT also has a very bullish chart.

But volume on a sunday really is an issue which would result -if I will enter a trade - in reducing my position size since the noise is way higher resulting in less sucessfull trades.

NANO at the downtrend line. if it breaks with volume confirmation i may enter. the  green zone i will buy some if we would go there.

ICX i may enter if strength builds up above 1090.

XRP looks nice above 7200

GVT I'm waiting for a pullback for an entry

thats it for now. I'm going out with the kids in the afternoon -so I dont think i will open any position until evening.

LLG
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
October 21, 2018, 06:49:26 AM
- I was a full time day trader in the stockmarket from 2006-2009
- part time trading crypto since end of Jan'18

you have intrigued me with these two. i hope to see more. i will try to follow your posts.

Activity: 392
Merit: 100
October 21, 2018, 05:52:39 AM
Hi all,

I would like to start to post my altcoin trades here, being as transparent as possible.

Why I'm doing this:
-forcing myself to trade disciplined - I just can't paper trade and will post entries and exits shortly after execution.
-planning trades more detailed - I will try to post charts I'm watching reasoning my entries & Exits, preventing to jump into trades (I'm an "overtrader")
-overall improvement due to adjustment within this thread after results/ feedback
-fun I hope and  I'm hoping for another bull run in btc trying to accumulate as many btc as possible until then

whats my trading style
- I'm a scalp and swing trader. not at all a hodler. For me 95%+ of the coins are shit coins and doomed and i treat all coins like that -except btc. I don't care about fundamentals which makes my trading technical.
- I use trendlines, support, resistance, price action, sometimes RSI and MACD histogramm, no fancy indicators - keeping it as simple as possible.
- I always have a stop loss! While trading I will execute manually. I willl never sleep in a coin without a stop loss in the system (reason see above)
- I try to cut losses usually at less than 2%. 5% if position size is small. More than 10% means i screwed up somewhere.
- I try to avoid coins with less than 200 btc daily volume or use very small position size
- orderbook may sometimes have relevance
- i trade in binance and bitmex (but bitmex tilts me)

my background
- 40y old german family father with 2 kids
- part time trading crypto since end of Jan'18 starting with 0,29 btc, currently at 2.9 btc - which is my trading capital i will use here. (how could i miss out on 2017 Sad  Huh)

That's it for now - let's see how it goes....and never forget: nothing in this thread here is financial advise

LLG

I'll be happy to watch your deals. I am sure that You will succeed. I hope that Your 2.9 btc will increase 10 btc. Good luck!
copper member
October 21, 2018, 05:37:37 AM
here the 4h btc chart

between 6000-6800 I'm neutral. above 6800 i will be bullish short term below 6k i will be bearish.
We are currently moving sideway and meanwhile crossing the longterm down trend but volume is very low and the move not significant for me.

the green zone i may long on bitmex, the red zone short with tight stops.

LLG

copper member
October 21, 2018, 05:16:19 AM
Hi all,

first of all my opinion about btc.

short term (days / weeks): undecided - bearish tendency
mid termn (months): bearish
longterm (years): bullish

So since I'm trading and hodling btc meanwhile it wouldn't make much sense to do all that thinking btc will die.  So as already mentioned i try to accumulate as many btc as possible before the next bull run. I bought in when BTC was at 11900 $ and just try to outtrade the bear market.
However I believe that we have alot of consolidation ahead and I'm talking 12-18 months. Only when 95% of the traders have left the scene, not looking into their accounts because they dont want to feel the agony of being down 90%+ on most of their holdings - then the chances are good to see another cycle. Too many didnt deserve the huge gains they made and usualy the market takes it back.

While going down even more i think 3k is an area where i would even like to invest longterm and i will buy my kids 1 btc each on that price to hodl it for years.
Maybe we will see 8k or even 10k before going down further but i doubt we will go from here and never look back.
Additionally I think the whole cryptosphere is extremely shady and the recent bitfinex bitmex tether issues are making me puke - so yeah I'm also prepared to lose my btc's.

IF we really are at the low here I wouldn't mind either. Trading in a bull market is alot easier than in a bear market. Only my kids wouldnt have 1 btc Smiley.

LLG
copper member
October 20, 2018, 08:19:48 PM
Hi all,

I would like to start to post my altcoin trades here, being as transparent as possible.

(edit: i once received a ban for excessive bumping so please:)
Join me on to see charts, real time entries & exits

Why I'm doing this:
-forcing myself to trade disciplined - I just can't paper trade and will post entries and exits shortly after execution.
-planning trades more detailed - I will try to post charts I'm watching reasoning my entries & Exits, preventing to jump into trades (I'm an "overtrader")
-overall improvement due to adjustment within this thread after results/ feedback
-fun I hope and  I'm hoping for another bull run in btc trying to accumulate as many btc as possible until then

whats my trading style
- I'm a scalp and swing trader. not at all a hodler. For me 95%+ of the coins are shit coins and doomed and i treat all coins like that -except btc. I don't care about fundamentals which makes my trading technical.
- I use trendlines, support, resistance, price action, sometimes RSI and MACD histogramm, no fancy indicators - keeping it as simple as possible.
- I always have a stop loss! While trading I will execute manually. I willl never sleep in a coin without a stop loss in the system (reason see above)
- I try to cut losses usually at less than 2%. 5% if position size is small. More than 10% means i screwed up somewhere.
- I try to avoid coins with less than 200 btc daily volume or use very small position size
- orderbook may sometimes have relevance
- i trade in binance and bitmex (but bitmex tilts me)

my background
- 40y old german family father with 2 kids
- part time trading crypto since end of Jan'18 starting with 0,29 btc, currently at 2.9 btc - which is my trading capital i will use here. (how could i miss out on 2017 Sad  Huh)

That's it for now - let's see how it goes....and never forget: nothing in this thread here is financial advise

LLG
------------------

results Oct/NOV'18  => 0,54 btc
results Dec'18  => 0,36 btc
results Jan'19  => 0,045 btc
results Feb'19  => 0,115 btc
results Mar'19  => 0,196 btc
results April'19  => 0,086 btc
results May'19  => 0,4 btc
results June'19  => 0,443 btc
results July'19  => 0,548 btc
results Aug'19  => 0,176 btc