Pages:
Author

Topic: Law Enforcement Attending Bitcoin Meetups Undercover? - page 4. (Read 6289 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Are you like these guys?
This should be interesting Cheesy

*listens*

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
I've been questioned by police, solicited by undercovers into doing stuff, been black listed from banks with my accounts closed and they tried to recruit me once to join them.

Any interesting stories to share? Wink

Do you think you could provide more specifics?
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
V for Victory or Rather JustV8
The paranoia is strong with this one.
legendary
Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001
As everyone knows law enforcement is all over these forums. 

proof?

Maybe we are all talking ourselves up and that in reality, no one gives a damn about us, including law enforcement.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
they tried to recruit me once to join them.
You could have been a cool double agent ...  or are you?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076
I've been questioned by police, solicited by undercovers into doing stuff, been black listed from banks with my accounts closed and they tried to recruit me once to join them.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
It's well known that law enforcement has been attending Bitcoin meetups since the beginning. Gavin has even been to the CIA to give them a talk about bitcoin.

Don't freak out about it, they've been around here since the beginning, everyone knows.
legendary
Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014
 As everyone knows law enforcement is all over these forums.  They sure keep quite.  Maybe because they dont't want to taint evidence with forum posts which could be used against them in the court of law.

Anyways, it dawned on me that law enforcement is attending bitcoin meetups undercover.  The FBI, state of NY, etc have tons of money to run such an operation.

It just feels weird to have people pretend they know bitcoin and then try to be friends with you even when you know you have not broken any laws.  Makes me paranoid to mentally play, "Spot the fed", while at a bitcoin meetup.  It also feels like an invasion of privacy.

Thoughts?  Am I paranoid?  Should everyone be?  Maybe I have been watching too much breaking bad.
Pages:
Jump to: