Pages:
Author

Topic: Lawyers - page 3. (Read 1635 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 354
July 29, 2014, 12:26:48 AM
dude i seriously hate every lawyer and law maker.

Normal rate for a lawyer = $500 per hr.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071
July 29, 2014, 12:13:55 AM
I wondered how you guys though about lawyers. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but I find that the whole idea of lawyers is bad. Chances are if you have a better lawyer, you have a much better chance of winning, even if you are in the wrong. For example, if you are a criminal, you murder someone, your obviously guilty, but if you have the best lawyer, he/she could twist everything and get you out of it. What do you guys think?

Sure, and not only that, but the current justice system is largely "pay to win"; examples are easy to find, but I'm reminded of the "affluenza case" that hit the news some months ago: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/do-you-have-affluenza-453647. But in the end, you still need to either have someone/a group of people represent you, or a massive restructuring of the entire system, so that representation becomes unnecessary. So, what would you propose as a viable alternative?
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!
July 28, 2014, 11:12:08 PM
I wondered how you guys though about lawyers. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but I find that the whole idea of lawyers is bad. Chances are if you have a better lawyer, you have a much better chance of winning, even if you are in the wrong. For example, if you are a criminal, you murder someone, your obviously guilty, but if you have the best lawyer, he/she could twist everything and get you out of it. What do you guys think?
Pages:
Jump to: