Author

Topic: LBRY.IO - DICUSSION THREAD - page 123. (Read 362584 times)

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
November 20, 2016, 02:07:32 PM
Need some motivation to continue buying with these dumps..   please help.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
November 20, 2016, 01:07:42 AM

people prob wouldn't assume who you were if you had the BALLS to use your main account, as it looks like jiggy IS.
on that note whats YOUR motive? why the new account? grow up, fuck off, whine somewhere else omg lol

Hi ScamHole,

Like I mentioned in my last couple posts, I rarely say anything until now. I don't own any BCT account before. All I did is read as guest. I'm sure you started from 0 posts too.

The motive is clearly stated in my previous posts, to tell my story and inform the public NOT forcing anyone to do anything. They have to decide that themselves.

Let's be civil and avoid name calling. Instead, point me to the right thread? It's say LBRY discussion. Or you suggesting me to start a new thread? I don't get you.

Let's just talk about LBRY related matters. Not you and me. Cheers.
legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1046
November 19, 2016, 11:54:30 PM
This should tell you enough about this non-scalable, proof-of-work-storage-wannabe scamcoin with no whitepaper

92 percent of the supply in the hands of the developers. Another team of charlatans that are getting rich without even having a working product.

Please tell me how they can sell this locked up LBC and get rich? on what market?  All funds moved from those addresses are meticulously tracked and accounted for in a monthly report.  This is a legit company operating under US laws, no funny business going on.  There have been numerous explanations for their reasoning behind the credit allocations, guess that's a good place to start if you are concerned.  LBRY is one of the very few cryptocurrencies with a functional use, the rest are shit coins.  

" All funds moved from those addresses are meticulously tracked and accounted for in a monthly report.  This is a legit company operating under US laws, no funny business going on"

I'm tired of you dumb shills. Those funds will not be locked forever and nothing will stop the LBRY team from initiating crowdfunds in which they will unload their tokens at fixed prices (similar to what Synereo did a few months ago, Synereo being another long-con company which operates under the country's laws) to all the newbie donors that think that they will be investing in the network. It will probably happen the next year when they will finish burning through the VC money.

Besides the lbry wallet which has 100 million tokens, you also have two wallets that say "Adoption Program" (200M) and "Strategic Partners" (100M). What stops them from giving tokens to themselves from the Adoption Program via spamming fake accounts ? Strategic Partners ? This shit looks to me like a long con.

Meanwhile, can you please show me where's the whitepaper for this shitcoin scam ? I can't see it nowhere. It's as hard to find as the details of the supply distribution. Oh, i forgot, it doesn't exist. I guess it's time to focus on some more front end development to lure the newbs in with fancy graphics, because the back-end screams non-scalable piece of trash.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?
November 19, 2016, 11:41:05 PM

Thanks for sharing your opinion.  You did nothing but share tinfoil hate type conspiracies which no one even knew how to engage in a conversation with, your voice went silent, so then you resorted to more drastic means of trolling.  None of what you presented was helpful to the team nor to the development of LBRY as a product.  After you were asked to stop engaging in such discussions, you continued to do so.  You're posts were not censored, they are there visible to anyone that joins the slack.  Even after you were removed (maybe a bit hastily), you continued to sign up under other pseudonyms (kind of like you just did here on BCT) and you would not leave it alone.  After some deliberation, your account was re-instated.  If you chose to come back and have something of value to add, feel free.

Hi,

I think you got the wrong person. But since you mentioned it, I'll revert. After seeing the "massacre" that you and other mods did on the fews people in there. I choose to BCT to tell my part instead, for the first time. To avoid brutal confrontation from you and other mods. Just realized that you are crazier than I thought. You were assume anyone who voice things not in favor LBRY, that person must be him.

Seriously, IF you lost money and concern about public confidence that affects cryptocurrency or price(I know the price is taboo word for you), do you still care about the Slack account? I'm was in there and support every newcomers to use Lbry before you even joined. If I care about it, I'm already a mod. I know a couple mods in there not happy about price but they stayed and hoped "get something in return" at the end of day.

Now jiggytom, let's be open minded and see what's going on around you. Why there is so many old timers picked this week not months ago? Are you a blind supporter that calling other coins, shit coins as you claimed all the time? Are you really that ignorant? Please don't make me as a target. I have no issues with you. I'm just telling people what to expect now in LBRY. They are still free to decide for themselves after knowing the insider story.

people prob wouldn't assume who you were if you had the BALLS to use your main account, as it looks like jiggy IS.
on that note whats YOUR motive? why the new account? grow up, fuck off, whine somewhere else omg lol
November 19, 2016, 11:10:06 PM

Thanks for sharing your opinion.  You did nothing but share tinfoil hate type conspiracies which no one even knew how to engage in a conversation with, your voice went silent, so then you resorted to more drastic means of trolling.  None of what you presented was helpful to the team nor to the development of LBRY as a product.  After you were asked to stop engaging in such discussions, you continued to do so.  You're posts were not censored, they are there visible to anyone that joins the slack.  Even after you were removed (maybe a bit hastily), you continued to sign up under other pseudonyms (kind of like you just did here on BCT) and you would not leave it alone.  After some deliberation, your account was re-instated.  If you chose to come back and have something of value to add, feel free.

Hi,

I think you got the wrong person. But since you mentioned it, I'll revert. After seeing the "massacre" that you and other mods did on the fews people in there. I choose to BCT to tell my part instead, for the first time. To avoid brutal confrontation from you and other mods. Just realized that you are crazier than I thought. You were assume anyone who voice things not in favor LBRY, that person must be him.

Seriously, IF you lost money and concern about public confidence that affects cryptocurrency or price(I know the price is taboo word for you), do you still care about the Slack account? I'm was in there and support every newcomers to use Lbry before you even joined. If I care about it, I'm already a mod. I know a couple mods in there not happy about price but they stayed and hoped "get something in return" at the end of day.

Now jiggytom, let's be open minded and see what's going on around you. Why there is so many old timers picked this week not months ago? Are you a blind supporter that calling other coins, shit coins as you claimed all the time? Are you really that ignorant? Please don't make me as a target. I have no issues with you. I'm just telling people what to expect now in LBRY. They are still free to decide for themselves after knowing the insider story.
Activity: 714
Merit: 266
November 19, 2016, 10:28:11 PM
This should tell you enough about this non-scalable, proof-of-work-storage-wannabe scamcoin with no whitepaper

92 percent of the supply in the hands of the developers. Another team of charlatans that are getting rich without even having a working product.

Please tell me how they can sell this locked up LBC and get rich? on what market?  All funds moved from those addresses are meticulously tracked and accounted for in a monthly report.  This is a legit company operating under US laws, no funny business going on.  There have been numerous explanations for their reasoning behind the credit allocations, guess that's a good place to start if you are concerned.  LBRY is one of the very few cryptocurrencies with a functional use, the rest are shit coins. 

It is pointless to talk a person who wants to fud if you want proof go look at this bear's post history. I wouldnt bother explaining to him
legendary
Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020
November 19, 2016, 09:51:03 PM
Hi,

I hope I didn't get "swamped" by the LBRY diehard supporters for voicing my honest opinion about this Coin.
We no longer able to voice our opinions in the LBRY slack as things become pretty defensive. Only compliments are allowed now.
I've seen a few members with genuine discussion and some frustration as well. The rest just choose to be silent or gone.
The mods just ganged up and jumped on anyone who talk the harsh truth about the Coin. Assume criticisms is trolling.
Comments will be deleted and a fews of them are banned. Now only the newcomers and staffs in chat.

I've been following LBRY for close 6 months even before those diehard supporters become mods in slack.

I came to know LBRY from their listing on Exchanges and "indirect hypes" from the team member eventhough they repeatedly dismiss claims that they have no intention to "lure" people to get to know about LBRY through "any sort of hypes" tactics. Anyway the team has successful got many people's attention including me at that time. I went to their website and read everything. The information back then is not much packed compared to now. No one knew the total coin supply and a lot of specific information was reluctant to share out at that time. Anyway, I started to invest time and money as the idea and concept seems promising. The closed invitation is also one of their "marketing tricks" but never a problem if you aware about the GitHub. The constant of creating "perceptions" that you are missing out. The roadmap is not the roadmap you know like all other coins. More like devs journal. Moreover it's not an accurate info. The windows release is a joke. Just an update on twitter.

We never heard a clear message from the founders until recently that they have no intention to "protect" the coin value knowing the fact it reflects public confidence on that coin. They just let the "people expectations" lingers around. It's like "sure why not let this hypes draws more people into this coin and we can still say we did not hype, it was the traders fault". I only wished if only the CEO made the Acrytypical statement on day one instead after a lots old-time supporters got burned and lost money on it. Got "tricked" by the team keep telling us to hold on it. I doubt we can get back our funds at break-even considered most of us holding on from 65k,40k,25k sats. Funny though, when price hitting 6k, LBRY staffs in Slack still asked us to keep holding on it as in long run it can be beneficial. Until few days ago, the CEO made an official statement https://lbry.io/news/acryptypical that they don't care about you and the people who bought into it because it's your own problem. They never force you to buy LBC. What can I say? I gave up and sold every LBC that I hold for past 5 months.

We know things take time to build the great platform/software, we also knew about the mining issues. We knew content creators might earn less because of great price fluctuations. We knew it and believe the team in long run. Most of us are not in for short term gains. However, as time goes by, we found out many things turned out to be far-fetched and mostly in theoretical "promises" and the team's eccentric ideology. Time to stop become a blind supporter. Plus, now there is competitors with big pocket from ICO funds like Maid, AMP and DCT gave opportunity for new users to pick which one is more rewarding for them to earn from using the platforms. It cost a lot of people hard-earned money to support the CEO imagination and philosophy. Don't get me wrong, he's a great guy. It's like placing a geek in the business world.

The statement made by CEO has clearly stated the price will continue to fall until next year, hopefully not until July 2017 as that's where the operation funds is over. If anyone still lost money after this CEO statement, then that's not their fault anymore as the CEO publically stated the price will plummets for many months to come. Many old-timers speculate the price will fall below 1000 sats. Some even said under 500 sats. Guess what? The team don't care. There will be always a new bagholder. There is a lot coins out there valued under 100 sats. None fall like LBC. Atleast we know where ZEC heading in the beginning.

With the 400 mil premined coins & 500k funds, the team has nothing to lose but time. Mods in Slack has nothing to lose as most of them are in mining. While others hoped to be part of Mods, possibly wishing the future rewards from the reserved coin reward allocation.

Not blaming anyone but myself. Just sharing my last 2 LBC rant, peace.

legendary
November 19, 2016, 09:46:53 PM

Please tell me how they can sell this locked up LBC and get rich? on what market?  All funds moved from those addresses are meticulously tracked and accounted for in a monthly report.  This is a legit company operating under US laws, no funny business going on.  There have been numerous explanations for their reasoning behind the credit allocations, guess that's a good place to start if you are concerned.  LBRY is one of the very few cryptocurrencies with a functional use, the rest are shit coins. 
legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1046
November 19, 2016, 08:41:01 PM

legendary
Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021
November 19, 2016, 02:58:59 PM
Can anyone help me,

I'm trying to mine LBRY with my GTX 660 using ccminer, which i've seen working. However when i start the miner off i just get returns of '\\gpu 0: INVALID DEVICE FUNCTION'

Anyone seen this before and can give me some advice?

Thanks
November 19, 2016, 11:26:38 AM
Hi,

I hope I didn't get "swamped" by the LBRY diehard supporters for voicing my honest opinion about this Coin.
We no longer able to voice our opinions in the LBRY slack as things become pretty defensive. Only compliments are allowed now.
I've seen a few members with genuine discussion and some frustration as well. The rest just choose to be silent or gone.
The mods just ganged up and jumped on anyone who talk the harsh truth about the Coin. Assume criticisms is trolling.
Comments will be deleted and a fews of them are banned. Now only the newcomers and staffs in chat.

I've been following LBRY for close 6 months even before those diehard supporters become mods in slack.

I came to know LBRY from their listing on Exchanges and "indirect hypes" from the team member eventhough they repeatedly dismiss claims that they have no intention to "lure" people to get to know about LBRY through "any sort of hypes" tactics. Anyway the team has successful got many people's attention including me at that time. I went to their website and read everything. The information back then is not much packed compared to now. No one knew the total coin supply and a lot of specific information was reluctant to share out at that time. Anyway, I started to invest time and money as the idea and concept seems promising. The closed invitation is also one of their "marketing tricks" but never a problem if you aware about the GitHub. The constant of creating "perceptions" that you are missing out. The roadmap is not the roadmap you know like all other coins. More like devs journal. Moreover it's not an accurate info. The windows release is a joke. Just an update on twitter.

We never heard a clear message from the founders until recently that they have no intention to "protect" the coin value knowing the fact it reflects public confidence on that coin. They just let the "people expectations" lingers around. It's like "sure why not let this hypes draws more people into this coin and we can still say we did not hype, it was the traders fault". I only wished if only the CEO made the Acrytypical statement on day one instead after a lots old-time supporters got burned and lost money on it. Got "tricked" by the team keep telling us to hold on it. I doubt we can get back our funds at break-even considered most of us holding on from 65k,40k,25k sats. Funny though, when price hitting 6k, LBRY staffs in Slack still asked us to keep holding on it as in long run it can be beneficial. Until few days ago, the CEO made an official statement https://lbry.io/news/acryptypical that they don't care about you and the people who bought into it because it's your own problem. They never force you to buy LBC. What can I say? I gave up and sold every LBC that I hold for past 5 months.

We know things take time to build the great platform/software, we also knew about the mining issues. We knew content creators might earn less because of great price fluctuations. We knew it and believe the team in long run. Most of us are not in for short term gains. However, as time goes by, we found out many things turned out to be far-fetched and mostly in theoretical "promises" and the team's eccentric ideology. Time to stop become a blind supporter. Plus, now there is competitors with big pocket from ICO funds like Maid, AMP and DCT gave opportunity for new users to pick which one is more rewarding for them to earn from using the platforms. It cost a lot of people hard-earned money to support the CEO imagination and philosophy. Don't get me wrong, he's a great guy. It's like placing a geek in the business world.

The statement made by CEO has clearly stated the price will continue to fall until next year, hopefully not until July 2017 as that's where the operation funds is over. If anyone still lost money after this CEO statement, then that's not their fault anymore as the CEO publically stated the price will plummets for many months to come. Many old-timers speculate the price will fall below 1000 sats. Some even said under 500 sats. Guess what? The team don't care. There will be always a new bagholder. There is a lot coins out there valued under 100 sats. None fall like LBC. Atleast we know where ZEC heading in the beginning.

With the 400 mil premined coins & 500k funds, the team has nothing to lose but time. Mods in Slack has nothing to lose as most of them are in mining. While others hoped to be part of Mods, possibly wishing the future rewards from the reserved coin reward allocation.

Not blaming anyone but myself. Just sharing my last 2 LBC rant, peace.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
November 17, 2016, 12:11:43 PM
  Is there a link or info to the mining curve and how many total coins will be produced?
This coin like sia have more hash in gtx,reward per block is falling.Try ccminer 1.8.2 or 1.8.3.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
November 17, 2016, 12:02:52 PM
  Is there a link or info to the mining curve and how many total coins will be produced?
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
November 16, 2016, 07:06:23 AM
Thanks, have to check Smiley maybe it is not quite dead project Smiley

Nope, definitely not dead. The team is funded through mid 2017 (VC funding).  You can clearly see all their hard work on github, it doesn't take a genius to tell.
So time to  long term buy? :d
legendary
November 15, 2016, 11:51:38 PM
legendary
Activity: 1899
Merit: 1024
November 15, 2016, 11:13:14 PM
They are being released and updated each few days...

https://github.com/lbryio/lbry/releases

I think latest version have problem with windows so try 0.7.5 if latest do not work
Activity: 25
November 15, 2016, 11:10:33 PM
So when will you release the official version or beta version? Is beta online?
legendary
Activity: 1899
Merit: 1024
November 15, 2016, 10:59:15 PM
So, Can I finally upload some content?,
I was trying a month ago, but it wasn't working.

yes you can, for download you need some credits because download cost and the one hosting get some change for a bandwith...
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
November 15, 2016, 03:49:27 AM
So, Can I finally upload some content?,
I was trying a month ago, but it wasn't working.
legendary
November 14, 2016, 11:17:21 PM
Was a bit of a confusing coin - I saw an ad for it, tried to join but realised it needed an invite and have waited now for 2 months with nothing. I understand more referrals help so tough luck for me on that part!

My only real interest to be honest was that it seemed to be a place to help writers get published and so on... I even applied to be a contributor in that respect but did not hear back so I imagine the quality of applicants must be quite high.

A bit sad to learn the coin has plummeted.

The price is low right now because the miners production (sell side) outpaces the demand (buy side).  Once the platform is stabilized and more content is available, more users will purchase LBC to publish or buy content.  It's a slow process and will take time.

The price decrease was also because of the ramp up, very similar to what happened with ZEC.  With the ramp up period over, LBC emission rate is now on a logarithmic decrease over the next 20 years. The emission suits the platform, but not the markets at this point.  The concept has yet to sink in with the crowd - definitely takes time!
Jump to: