Pages:
Author

Topic: Leah McGrath Goodman offers more details on conversation with Dorian S. Nakamoto - page 3. (Read 5712 times)

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

Bob, please fix your post: you have added your words as though they were mine.  

Your theory was that everyone at cavirtex uses a fake name and then later you admited that David Joseph (CEO) might be a real name (and then came up with another theory that he changed his name).  

So I think I've already proven my point: you don't know either way (and yes I know the customer service reps use aliases).

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
It makes no sense for Satoshi to be honest with her and then turn around to deny it, especially considering he had many days to prepare for such an encounter.

Yes this....unless he is mentally off from his stroke, why would he admit to it to begin with?    He was either confused or the reporter is "exaggerating".  Her actions in general speak to what kind of person she is so making something up is not a big stretch at this point.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
He even spent bitcoins in a F2F transaction and that person remembers how he looked.

So basically, a guy says his wife said a guy who she saw once years ago looks like someone in a picture today.  You consider that conclusive?  Also, cross-racial identifications are notoriously unreliable.

Its still plausible.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
He even spent bitcoins in a F2F transaction and that person remembers how he looked.

So basically, a guy says his wife said a guy who she saw once years ago looks like someone in a picture today.  You consider that conclusive?  Also, cross-racial identifications are notoriously unreliable.
legendary
OMG, you guys are so crazy.. Its fucking him.

Have you been able to find more evidence to support your cavirtex theory?

I cant believe that you guys are still using and trusting an exchange where everyone who works for the exchange uses fake names!

...if Joseph David is a real name I'd bet its because he changed his name legally as to have no trace to who he really was before bitcoin.

Are you kidding me? I proclaimed that they use fake names, which they admit to in the next post, I proclaimed that their "customer service call center" Is really work from home people who create a very weak link in the security of the site and the personal info of its clients.. Which they admit  as well.

DID you even read the thread peter?

What point are you trying to prove here?

In case you missed Virtex's reply and my reply its right here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=218435.480  
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
Oh for fuck's sake. Even if Leah has Dorian on video saying "Yes, I did create bitcoin" it doesn't mean shit because he is saying the opposite now.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
Dorian may have been unfamiliar with the term "bitcoin" but assumed that the reporter was using it as a reference to some other classified work.

This.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007
OMG, you guys are so crazy.. Its fucking him.

Speaking of the importance of facts: have you been able to find evidence to support your cavirtex theory?

I cant believe that you guys are still using and trusting an exchange where everyone who works for the exchange uses fake names!

...if Joseph David is a real name I'd bet its because he changed his name legally as to have no trace to who he really was before bitcoin.

legendary
So you're not leaning in one direction or another?  Interesting.  Do you believe in karma?

No. No.

Well I believe in karma, I also believe in intuition and both have no physical evidence of being real yet they are very real to me.

I think you should consider that some things can be real in the absence of proof.  

In this case I think that absence of proof will no longer be absent soon enough, unlike karma or intuition which will most likely never be proven to exist.
legendary
OMG, you guys are so crazy.. Its fucking him. He was confronted by one nice, cute looking blonde reporter and he spilled the beans. Then the whole world shows up on his door step and he said hes not the guy.  You cant actually believe that do you?

Andreas and Gavin are in the know.

I am in the know, and soon you guys will realize that Satoshi loves trains, lives in CA has a few kids and drives a corolla.

I tend to need actual evidence to believe things.

If you like to believe everything "nice, cute looking blonde reporter"s say... well... you might be in for a shock some time in your future.

I like proof too, but the proof in the case is in the pudding. Do you think people would be offering charter jets, donations ect if this was not Satoshi. The heat would die down instantly and he would go back to real life. NO NEED TO SPEND TENS OF THOUSANDS ON A GUY WHO IS NOT SATOSHI. Hes Satoshi, Gavin knows it and so do I. He even spent bitcoins in a F2F transaction and that person remembers how he looked.

Its him, we'll all know soon enough once he has time to get some fiat together, get his family safe and have a much needed beer with Gavin.

As soon as I see some actual evidence I will be able to make a decision.
You're not really "making a decision" if you have more evidence than that. It's like taking a rock to thirty geologists who assert it is indeed a rock and then saying "I've made a decision; it's a rock." Cheesy

I just pissed in my pants. HAHAHA  Grin
legendary
OMG, you guys are so crazy.. Its fucking him. He was confronted by one nice, cute looking blonde reporter and he spilled the beans. Then the whole world shows up on his door step and he said hes not the guy.  You cant actually believe that do you?

I am in the know, and soon you guys will realize that Satoshi loves trains, lives in CA has a few kids and drives a corolla.

If you like to believe everything "nice, cute looking blonde reporter"s say... well... you might be in for a shock some time in your future.

I like proof too, but the proof in the case is in the pudding. Do you think people would be offering charter jets, donations ect if this was not Satoshi. The heat would die down instantly and he would go back to real life. NO NEED TO SPEND TENS OF THOUSANDS ON A GUY WHO IS NOT SATOSHI. Hes Satoshi, Gavin knows it and so do I. He even spent bitcoins in a F2F transaction and that person remembers how he looked.

Its him, we'll all know soon enough once he has time to get some fiat together, get his family safe and have a much needed beer with Gavin.

So you're on the fence. You do think it may be him, am I correct?

No. I've only seen people claim it's him. I've also seen people claim it's not him.

As I said, I need to see some actual evidence before I could possibly make a decision. I'm not just going to guess based on what others have said.

So you're not leaning in one direction or another?  Interesting.  Do you believe in karma?
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

You're not really "making a decision" if you have more evidence than that. It's like taking a rock to thirty geologists who assert it is indeed a rock and then saying "I've made a decision; it's a rock." Cheesy

Activity: 36
In the article it says:

"I am no longer involved in that and I cannot discuss it," he says, dismissing all further queries with a swat of his left hand. "It's been turned over to other people. They are in charge of it now. I no longer have any connection."

In the her explaination here there's no mention of the original quotes.

"I cannot talk about that. I’m not connected with it anymore."
And I reasserted, ‘We are talking about Bitcoin here, correct?’ And he said, ‘Yes,’
And, in addition, my last question to him was, ‘If you are in anyway not connected, you need to tell me now,’ and he said, ‘I cannot do that.’”
legendary

So you're on the fence. You do think it may be him, am I correct?
Activity: 688
Merit: 500
ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!
Did you see those reporters in the video when he was being hounded?

"WHY DID YOU CREATE BITCOIN!? WHY DID YOU CREATE THE BITCOIN!!!"

They don't even ask *if* - they simply assume they are right.

In summary (these type of) journalists are a pack of animals on a hunt, and they'll take down the prey, with little care if they have the right person.

And there's no way she can back down now with such claimed accuracy to the story. She can only repeat her belief and hope enough people believe her such that she doesn't lose too much face.

This guy also appears to have far from perfect command of English, apparently may have had a stroke (i.e. brain confusion), so it's entirely plausible he might say anything to get this woman to leave him alone. And since he may actually have worked on classified stuff, if some random person starts asking about some technology he doesn't know about, it seems reasonable he might assume it was related to his government work.
legendary

Activity: 23
"And I reasserted, ‘We are talking about Bitcoin here, correct?’"

and he said: "what is bitcom?"

and i said: "you are satoshi right?"

and he said "yes, go away!"

makes sense.  Cheesy

When you watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrrtA6IoR_E

It's abundantly clear Dorian is not the creator of bitcoin.

Especially the end, "Leah wrote this?" Dorian says before shaking his head in disbelief.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
my mother said my cousin said the friend of his friend told my uncle that my mother said

Don't leave me hanging, dude! Was there, or wasn't there a goat?
legendary

Activity: 493
Merit: 500
Once again I have to ask, we're to believe she conducted this interview without audio or video recording? If so, we're supposed to trust her recollection of the exact wording, and question order?  If she's not basing her reporting on personal recollections and in fact does have a recording (a/v, or audio), then where is it?
Pages:
Jump to: