Pages:
Author

Topic: Leaving eurozone - Greece & Bitcoin - page 3. (Read 1966 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
July 05, 2015, 03:02:37 PM

NorrisK

Actually I am thinking BTC ATMs more about the USA.  It is more-or-less too late in Greece's case, as you point out.

The time to buy some BTC (at least for cash), is while there still is cash.  Don't wait around until The End.  Preparation is just smart.

GREECE also shows that it is smart to have CASH on hand.  It is thought that the average American only has some $50 in his wallet at a given time.  Don't be average.  Have more cash just in case.

Cash + BTC + Gold = Comforting Diversification
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
July 05, 2015, 02:55:22 PM

GREECE is an excellent reason for there to be more BTC ATMs.  Last I heard there was just one for all of Greece.

There is talk of a 30% haircut for bank accounts over $100,000 euros there in Greece...

We need more BTC ATMs everywhere.  And STAT!

Tell me first how the greeks will buy btc from said ATMs... How will they be able to get hands on their money? I guess the shortterm impact will be minimal..
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
July 05, 2015, 02:53:26 PM

GREECE is an excellent reason for there to be more BTC ATMs.  Last I heard there was just one for all of Greece.

There is talk of a 30% haircut for bank accounts over $100,000 euros there in Greece...

We need more BTC ATMs everywhere.  And STAT!
legendary
Activity: 1227
Merit: 1000
July 05, 2015, 02:36:13 PM
So, are we going to see a boom in bitcoin tourism ? That's good. A real white collar use of bitcoin would be awesome

Well Expedia, Destinia, other travel agencies and some airlines have already been involved with Bitcoin for some months... Plane tickets and hotel reservations are a large chunk of reported Bitpay transactions...
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049
July 05, 2015, 02:33:39 PM
As for Bitcoin, I highly doubt that greek people are moving the price. It's probably just whales speculating on the referendum outcome (and "NO" seems to spike the whales quite a bit)

This is always the case... LoLz Wink

Buying bitcoins with bank accounts closed is not an option. Maybe via localbitcoins.com in cash deals...

But the real option for Greeks here is earning bitcoins. Be it online or from tourists and exports.

The advantage for a hotel or bar owner of being paid in bitcoins vs credit card (which are linked to blocked bank account) is huge. Tourism remains Greece's top industry.

So, are we going to see a boom in bitcoin tourism ? That's good. A real white collar use of bitcoin would be awesome Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
July 05, 2015, 02:29:43 PM
Already at $274, Litecoin also getting a push, are we going to see $1000/bitcoin again?

No doubt these are interesting times for bitcoin. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
July 05, 2015, 02:27:50 PM
Buying bitcoins with bank accounts closed is not an option. Maybe via localbitcoins.com in cash deals...

But the real option for Greeks here is earning bitcoins. Be it online or from tourists and exports.

Lots of tourists around there by this time of the year and in the next few weeks probably. Good time to deal in Bitcoin indeed.
legendary
Activity: 1227
Merit: 1000
July 05, 2015, 02:26:14 PM

The advantage for a hotel or bar owner of being paid in bitcoins vs credit card (which are linked to blocked bank account) is huge. Tourism remains Greece's top industry.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
July 05, 2015, 02:25:44 PM
As far as we know, there's a BTM on Athens. Unfortunately it's a one way machine, and Greeks can't withdraw money to use it...

As for Bitcoin, I highly doubt that greek people are moving the price. It's probably just whales speculating on the referendum outcome (and "NO" seems to spike the whales quite a bit)
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049
July 05, 2015, 02:24:00 PM
"It would be interesting to found it if there's enough btc ATMs available and accessible for the public over in Greece."

They dont have liquid cash at hand. I dont know how would they use a BTC ATM, even if it is available.
Activity: 699
Merit: 500
July 05, 2015, 02:17:13 PM
It looks like the first signs of the Greek referendum results are out, with 'NO' leading the way. This will surely and indirectly impact Bitcoin, at least in a positive light.

Source

"It would be interesting to find out it if there's enough btc ATMs available and accessible for the public over in Greece."
Pages:
Jump to: