Pages:
Author

Topic: Legalizing Bitcoin - page 15. (Read 5704 times)

Activity: 332
Merit: 12
December 01, 2017, 07:17:36 AM
So in the most countries, bitcoin is neither declared legal or illegal. In some it is declared illegal and some are actually allowing it and also promoting their own alts.
So what would a government needs to do to regulate bitcoin in the country? And how can a government actually benefit from legalizing bitcoin in the country? How can it actually support the economic system of the country.  
It's actually not that hard for government to regulate bitcoin in their country. In fact, if they want to, they will. They just need to propose a bill and have a talk and agreement with the national bank about the regulation and legalization of bitcoin. Bitcoin is actually not illegal, but some people has a wrong impression on it being illegal because of those "deep web" stories. Countries like Philippines, USA, and Australia is already regulating bitcoin in their countries.

The issue here is not actually the bitcoin as cryptocurrency, but it is how and who use it. If ever government put tax in using bitcoin, I think the users or holders won't be the one who will suffer, but those businesses and exchanges that are running the bitcoin business in a certain country. In that way, the taxes from these establishments can be utilized by the government in creating projects that will benefit the country as a whole.
If bitcoin system will be implement and soon this will happen taxation will be easy and many of people are saying that its anonymity will give problem to the government so their maybe a check on the transactions and this will really help to solve out this concern and more of it the governments who had accepted btc now they are doing progressive works in their regions and btc is best way to development.

Activity: 476
Merit: 100
November 30, 2017, 12:30:00 PM
Governments can easily legalize bitcoin by passing a law, but I think it would be difficult for them to control bitcoin transacctions since bitcoin is anonymous. For users it would be clarifying in order to change bitcoin to fiat, but if the network can function by itself and make transacctions p2p I don't see what the role of states will be and what justification they can invent to tax activities.

Actually this is main reason. Governments know better what the advantages bitcoin is carrying along are but they only waiting for the time that may be in upcoming future bitcoin’s feature i.e. decentralized would be changed and all these governments can control the yes and no of bitcoin. But we hope a time come in near future when all this happens and we would be enjoying the perks.
Well I think bitcoin will be lucky when all the countries make bitcoin legal because its will be good for bitcoin if bitcoin become legal so the users will be increased and some investors and traders will also be increased and as some countries have already make bitcoin legal so their benefits are high than any other countries because bitcoin is accepted in their banks and transitions are also very fast so I wish bitcoin will be legal in rest of countries soon.
Activity: 476
November 30, 2017, 12:24:39 PM
Governments can easily legalize bitcoin by passing a law, but I think it would be difficult for them to control bitcoin transacctions since bitcoin is anonymous. For users it would be clarifying in order to change bitcoin to fiat, but if the network can function by itself and make transacctions p2p I don't see what the role of states will be and what justification they can invent to tax activities.

Actually this is main reason. Governments know better what the advantages bitcoin is carrying along are but they only waiting for the time that may be in upcoming future bitcoin’s feature i.e. decentralized would be changed and all these governments can control the yes and no of bitcoin. But we hope a time come in near future when all this happens and we would be enjoying the perks.
Well I think bitcoin will be lucky when all the countries make bitcoin legal because its will be good for bitcoin if bitcoin become legal so the users will be increased and some investors and traders will also be increased and as some countries have already make bitcoin legal so their benefits are high than any other countries because bitcoin is accepted in their banks and transitions are also very fast so I wish bitcoin will be legal in rest of countries soon.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 541
November 30, 2017, 08:53:32 AM
The issue of bitcoin legality that I think will be quite difficult because in some countries fear bitcoin can weaken the value of their country's currency and will make a monetary crisis. I think bitcoin is better to be a commodity as it is today.
Wise government who are sincere to give their citizens a better earning chance they never see any trouble in bitcoin and that’s true those who are negative thinkers they see the negativity's which never exist being neutral, bitcoin is the best chance to get development in the country and to raise the economy points and bitcoin promises to give profit and all these thing attracts the good governments that’s why they legalize.
Activity: 80
Merit: 0
November 30, 2017, 07:30:30 AM
So in the most countries, bitcoin is neither declared legal or illegal. In some it is declared illegal and some are actually allowing it and also promoting their own alts.
So what would a government needs to do to regulate bitcoin in the country? And how can a government actually benefit from legalizing bitcoin in the country? How can it actually support the economic system of the country. 

it only need to proof ID to use bitcoin , government can earn from Mining (electric power),new payment method , taxes for exchange office
Activity: 512
Merit: 10
BountyMarketCap
November 30, 2017, 04:00:48 AM
Bitcoin is the world's first crypto currency. So,it's called the mother of all crypto currency.But it is a matter of sorrow that many country are not accept Bitcoin as a currency and some government had banned Bitcoin yet.But I think,it is not harmful for any country.It's a blessing for all country. For those reason, it is very needed for all country to legalize Bitcoin.
Activity: 222
Merit: 11
Create Your Decentralized Life
November 30, 2017, 03:56:32 AM

I think this is quite a good idea. The government will now acknowledge the use of bitcoin, so the people will do it as well. One thing can start as small and turn out to be big. It is the same with bitcoin. I believe it will dominate the world.
When bitcoin become well known it is not declared that bitcoin is illegal. In order bitcoin to legalized there are many things to consider and to follow. A government can help the economic system by collecting tax from all users. Yes it will acknowledge bitcoin and I think if this would happen there are many rules to follow as a user.
Well I think legalization of bitcoin is very good thing and I think in some countries bitcoin is already legal and they are very happy that bitcoin is legal there because I think know they will pay tax also there and they will use its easily anywhere and bitcoin transition will be also more fast there so I think it must be legal in anywhere.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 322
November 30, 2017, 03:52:14 AM
Legalization of bitcoin can be difficult because it requires the will of the government, the regulation and taxation. There is a lot of work to do. Also, the government would like to have control over the transactions.
Maybe Bitcoin doesn’t need to be legalized, cause I think it’s legal in a way, it’s just left for every government to decide whether they need it or not. If they do, they can accept it, if not, they can ban. And this will be judging from whether it favors the country, or whether it does not.

With the rate that bitcoin is going, if legalized, it means bitcoin will definitely takeover financial transactions in the world because it is decentralized. The point however is that, "first world countries "are not bugging on the issue .
Meaning there won’t be any form of legalization, if that’s what you expect to see. Bitcoin is not a real Currency, I don’t know how many times that will be said, but still act like they blind to see what’s all about.
Activity: 307
Merit: 101
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
November 29, 2017, 03:30:57 PM

Since tha governmwnt here in my country has been allegedly recognizing bitcoin I see in the future that we can be productive using bitcoins credentials. Bitcoin is certainly fine here bit syill not has been legalized.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 332
November 29, 2017, 02:02:41 PM
With the rate that bitcoin is going, if legalized, it means bitcoin will definitely takeover financial transactions in the world because it is decentralized. The point however is that, "first world countries "are not bugging on the issue .
Activity: 1221
Merit: 250
November 29, 2017, 11:47:38 AM
Legalization of bitcoin can be difficult because it requires the will of the government, the regulation and taxation. There is a lot of work to do. Also, the government would like to have control over the transactions.
Activity: 420
Merit: 102
Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands
November 29, 2017, 11:46:45 AM
If bitcoin is legalized in most countries in the world, people might start asking on what terms they are legalizing bitcoin and from this, we need to educate the people around us why bitcoin is a helpful technology. Bitcoin is electronic money and carrying electronic money cannot be robbed from you. Governments must learn how bitcoin or cryptocurrency works before they legalize it.
If bitcoin is legalised certainly by which a lot of advantages are there, it is helpful for people and also to the government, people will get benefit by earning decent money from the cryptocurrency by the same way government also get the tax money so that economical condition of the country also improves. No, hide and seek happens by the users once it becomes official, keeping all in mind government should think about legalising it.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
November 29, 2017, 11:10:05 AM
it is currently not too many who know bitcoin. because the bitcoin is still illegal so not too much in my country knows bitcoin. so the bitcoin we need to develop more so that people can know what bitcoin is.
The fact that some of the countries know about it and they have not stated their official stand on the digital currency does not make it illegal.

As far as I am concerned, it is legal just as the countries that have declared it. The thing is that some of these countries already know about it and they are just trying to make sure they do the right thing that would also pay them eventually instead of trying to create too much they can take in. One of the reasons they are not kicking against it and they are not legalizing it officially either.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
November 27, 2017, 12:57:17 PM
Bitcoin creates a lot of opportunities but the only problem is that there is no regulatory body to control it's ecosystem.
In my country the banks are contemplating of legalizing it although the government is unconcerned about it, legalizing it could somehow pose a threat to the banking system as result of it's decentralization. The government had a set up a committee through the central bank to study the proposed legalizing of bitcoin.
This is indeed a polemic for bitcoin. Bitcoin has not been fully recognized and even its use is highly controlled. I think all sectors should be ready with all the infrastructure needed when bitcoin can be legal one day. There must be a bravery of the leaders of the country to make decisions quickly and accurately, I'm sure bitcoin can help all of us and I still can not believe why the government waited so long in making decisions about bitcoin. We can see that there are so many people who become successful when they use bitcoin, we will try together to see the bitcoin legally recognized and this will be a very important history for the development of bitcoin.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 516
November 27, 2017, 12:37:40 PM
Bitcoin creates a lot of opportunities but the only problem is that there is no regulatory body to control it's ecosystem.
In my country the banks are contemplating of legalizing it although the government is unconcerned about it, legalizing it could somehow pose a threat to the banking system as result of it's decentralization. The government had a set up a committee through the central bank to study the proposed legalizing of bitcoin.
Not much different from your statement I mean the same with the government in my country that does not care,but the central bank is afraid BTC lowered it's turnover so that it has blocked BTC circulation.By the way this will not last long because the government does not care about the bank leader's statement Wink,legality probably will not exist but still the government in my country does not bother people looking for money.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 322
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
November 27, 2017, 12:21:50 PM
Activity: 462
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
November 27, 2017, 11:23:26 AM
This is a good article to top up with your question. According to wiki, credits to them.
"The legal status of bitcoin varies substantially from country to country and is still undefined or changing in many of them.[1] Whilst the majority of countries do not make the usage of bitcoin itself illegal, its status as money (or a commodity) varies, with differing regulatory implications. While some countries have explicitly allowed its use and trade, others have banned or restricted it. Likewise, various government agencies, departments, and courts have classified bitcoins differently. While this article provides the legal status of bitcoin, regulations and bans that apply to this cryptocurrency likely extend to similar systems as well."
LegalIzing bitcoin in many country see bitcoin as a big opportunity for them and while those who banned or make it illegal find it as a threat maybe to their economy or any other factors that they think that their decision is the best option.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 259
November 27, 2017, 11:19:22 AM
If bitcoin is legalized in most countries in the world, people might start asking on what terms they are legalizing bitcoin and from this, we need to educate the people around us why bitcoin is a helpful technology. Bitcoin is electronic money and carrying electronic money cannot be robbed from you. Governments must learn how bitcoin or cryptocurrency works before they legalize it.

And that is why it is hard to legalize it yet.
If I will submit a form that will tell everything about bitcoin and it is usage it must be all true and would also be a help for the economy of one country.
But that is the problem. Bitcoin secures us and its privacy is one of the reason that we are into it.
There will be no law to be passed if the government itself will not gain anything out of it.
It will also be faster that way instead of just being put in storage where no one will open it again.
Activity: 124
November 27, 2017, 11:11:54 AM

you also have a point, and it seems that it is actually true, but it could be no also. the big participation of the government and the most positive way to help bitcoin grow is by legalizing and actually accepting it as another method of payment, but as usual it will take too long before it will happen, besides there are lots of hindrances before they can pass a law and start to debate if it will be finalized or not.

They don't want bitcoin in their national economies. This is fact we need to see. They want to control all the economic transactions and they won't make bitcoin legal in the near future as it seems they will be going against bitcoin. Look at how china acts about bitcoin and ico.
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
November 27, 2017, 11:08:03 AM
Pages:
Jump to: