Pages:
Author

Topic: Legendary one day? - page 41. (Read 103069 times)

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1118
November 14, 2015, 08:39:23 AM
I got it quite close to the minimum, around 800 or so. Smiley All of you Hero Member peasants are simply inferior to my superior RNGenes, you see - we will create a New World Order composed only of Legendary members...

Sounding suspiciously like Hitler, now.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528
No I dont escrow anymore.
November 13, 2015, 02:15:07 AM
good luck
Ignoring me on purpose? Hm. Well my percentage is 64.06% anyhow.

Yes, I never want you to be Legendary. I would also never update an above list or something.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
November 12, 2015, 08:21:31 PM
good luck
Ignoring me on purpose? Hm. Well my percentage is 64.06% anyhow.

I don't think that your percentage of becoming a legendary is based on other members having 900+ activity. As qs said, become legendary is random for everyone and probability of others becoming or not becoming a legendary doesn't affect your probability of becoming one.
Correct. It is not affected by the number of other legendary members or members above a certain amount of activity. It is calculated for each member individually based on their user ID.

Yes, I never want you to be Legendary. I would also never update an above list or something.
I still hate you.   Angry #Scandal
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
November 12, 2015, 07:54:21 PM
966 still a hero.

/reroll

good luck

Code:
name		act	prob.
master-P 840 25.78%
EAL 868 36.72%
Blazed 896 47.66%
Mitchell 910 53.13%
notlist3d 938 64.06%
defaced 980 80.47%

You are awesome. ty for the update.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528
No I dont escrow anymore.
November 12, 2015, 12:35:17 PM
966 still a hero.

/reroll

good luck

Code:
name		act	prob.
master-P 840 25.78%
EAL 868 36.72%
Blazed 896 47.66%
Mitchell 910 53.13%
notlist3d 938 64.06%
Lauda 952 69.53%
defaced 980 80.47%

Edit: Lauda
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 1548
Get loan in just five minutes goo.gl/8WMW6n
November 12, 2015, 12:19:42 PM
It would be interesting to see updated statistics 
how much of each rank members are from the whole  and become every period.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
November 12, 2015, 11:41:52 AM
966 still a hero.

/reroll
legendary
Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013
November 02, 2015, 05:56:25 AM
We're still in the waiting list. Smiley
There is not actually a waiting list to become a legendary member, you will become a legendary member when you have the random required amount of activity that is based on your UID and a secret hash.

Theymos has said that only two people have access to the code that contains the secret hash, and that he will never give it up himself. My best guess would be that either BadBear or grue is the other person who has access to the code with the secret hash, so in theory one of them could tell you when you will become legendary, however I would not personally hold my breath waiting for either of them to do so.
What are the exact number behind it? For example: after reaching needed activity threshold I will have 10%, 20%, 30% chance of becoming legendary member?
I guess percentages are pretty low since there are people with more than 900 activity and not legendary status.
I don't think that your percentage of becoming a legendary is based on other members having 900+ activity. As qs said, become legendary is random for everyone and probability of others becoming or not becoming a legendary doesn't affect your probability of becoming one.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
November 01, 2015, 08:11:53 PM
We're still in the waiting list. Smiley
There is not actually a waiting list to become a legendary member, you will become a legendary member when you have the random required amount of activity that is based on your UID and a secret hash.

Theymos has said that only two people have access to the code that contains the secret hash, and that he will never give it up himself. My best guess would be that either BadBear or grue is the other person who has access to the code with the secret hash, so in theory one of them could tell you when you will become legendary, however I would not personally hold my breath waiting for either of them to do so.
What are the exact number behind it? For example: after reaching needed activity threshold I will have 10%, 20%, 30% chance of becoming legendary member?
I guess percentages are pretty low since there are people with more than 900 activity and not legendary status.
legendary
November 01, 2015, 10:18:47 AM
I was only a hero and got one  Cool
The guy with the highest trust rating around and who is highly active in the goods section gets a custom signature deal? What a surprise! Grin
No, I believe he got a free SP20 as well being only a Hero member.  Wink

Yes, I got a free SP20. Guess I should have specified that part.

I do agree that we need something after Legendary, but make it ridiculous to achieve. Give those 2010/2011 guys something else. Immortal sounds pretty good..
LoL. Let a few more years pass and let the current Heros and Legendaries have some more activity, then only it would be of some use to create a new user level, else that won't be fun cuz there are too few people who have got past the max legendary activity.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
November 01, 2015, 10:15:00 AM

I do agree that we need something after Legendary, but make it ridiculous to achieve. Give those 2010/2011 guys something else. Immortal sounds pretty good..

Creator Of Our Universe.

They may as well go the whole hog and there won't be any demands for anything higher after that.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
November 01, 2015, 09:31:44 AM
I was only a hero and got one  Cool
The guy with the highest trust rating around and who is highly active in the goods section gets a custom signature deal? What a surprise! Grin
No, I believe he got a free SP20 as well being only a Hero member.  Wink

Yes, I got a free SP20. Guess I should have specified that part.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
November 01, 2015, 07:19:46 AM
wow i hope one day also to become legendary
but u are unlucky!!
good luck, hope u reach legend soon sir
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
November 01, 2015, 06:10:23 AM
i think it must be specified that legendary rank should get in some particular rank like other ranks do

no no, this randomization adding extra magic to all this, just leave it as is:)
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
November 01, 2015, 05:42:41 AM
You'll be eagerly checking every ~2 weeks for activity update then Cheesy

i think it must be specified that legendary rank should get in some particular rank like other ranks do

I rather enjoy the randomization for the last obtainable rank for any bitcointalk user.

It is the last obtainable rank atm, but I think in time one more should get added (after all us here finally turn Legendary) and that rank should be IMMORTAL.

I think keep same ranks, no adding of another such as "IMMORTAL".  It would be hard on one side as you would need to make it fair to all so some would have the rank by activity as soon as its launched.  Which I don't see as much fun.

Also Legendary is pretty good last rank.  With making it random it adds a fun factor to it.  I think if it is not broke don't fix it is my motto on this.
legendary
Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000
November 01, 2015, 05:28:28 AM
You'll be eagerly checking every ~2 weeks for activity update then Cheesy

I rather enjoy the randomization for the last obtainable rank for any bitcointalk user.

It is the last obtainable rank atm, but I think in time one more should get added (after all us here finally turn Legendary) and that rank should be IMMORTAL.

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
November 01, 2015, 04:35:37 AM
I doubt we'll ever see more ranks higher than legendary, seeing that it takes more than 2 years to achieve such rank. And just a suggestion, the amount of coins to be donated to obtain a donator should be lower I think. :v Like for example, a 5 btc donation to achieve the Donator rank. I'd really like to see what's the perks of being a donator.
No. Stop filling this thread with pointless posts and off-topic discussion (everyone). The donation tiers are not related to the original subject and are never going to be lowered. It would not make much sense to anyone who's thinking straight. You should not be complaining, there was a time where the price of a Donator rank was over $10 000. Nobody is going to change anything just because you're curious.
If you donate 10 BTC, you can get a special "Donator" title and a green "who's online" color. If you donate 50 BTC, you get VIP status and the ability to create a custom title for yourself. Both Donators and VIPs also get access to an exclusive forum section.
That's it. OP you should just lock this thread.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
November 01, 2015, 01:56:30 AM
I guess it's time to have a new title after legendary. :v

I'll get there someday, probably 7 - 9 months from now (lol I wish). 306338 seems lucky for me. Smiley

There's no doubt there will be new titles after the legendary one, but it would be nice if they would unlock based on more than just pure activity.
It would add a bit more thrill to the chase, and it would make people appreciate it more.
Maybe adding of animated avatar for new membership, and a custom frame for username. It's shame that legendary rank doesn't have some of these "perks"

I doubt we'll ever see more ranks higher than legendary, seeing that it takes more than 2 years to achieve such rank. And just a suggestion, the amount of coins to be donated to obtain a donator should be lower I think. :v Like for example, a 5 btc donation to achieve the Donator rank. I'd really like to see what's the perks of being a donator.
legendary
November 01, 2015, 01:00:28 AM

I'll get there someday, probably 7 - 9 months from now (lol I wish). 306338 seems lucky for me. Smiley

There's no doubt there will be new titles after the legendary one, but it would be nice if they would unlock based on more than just pure activity.
It would add a bit more thrill to the chase, and it would make people appreciate it more.
Maybe adding of animated avatar for new membership, and a custom frame for username. It's shame that legendary rank doesn't have some of these "perks"

I wouldn't be so sure of them adding a rank higher than Legendary, it already takes over two years of being active on the site to become Legendary. Only ranks really higher than that are for Donors and Staff members, and I don't see that changing.

As for the animated avatar bit, I know myself as well as others would prefer not to have any animated avatars on the site. Some avatars can be annoying already, I don't really want to see any animated ones. Plus, IIRC last time animated avatars were allowed, it opened up an exploit in the site.

I have seen a few users with animated gifs for avatars here, although I thought they did not work.
If you upload the gif avatars now they won't work. People with working gif avatars are those who uploaded the gif avatars in or before 2013.
Activity: 117
Merit: 14
October 31, 2015, 08:04:47 PM

I wouldn't be so sure of them adding a rank higher than Legendary, it already takes over two years of being active on the site to become Legendary. Only ranks really higher than that are for Donors and Staff members, and I don't see that changing.

As for the animated avatar bit, I know myself as well as others would prefer not to have any animated avatars on the site. Some avatars can be annoying already, I don't really want to see any animated ones. Plus, IIRC last time animated avatars were allowed, it opened up an exploit in the site.

I have seen a few users with animated gifs for avatars here, although I thought they did not work.
Pages:
Jump to: