Pages:
Author

Topic: Less than 1% Indians are aware about cryptocurrency... - page 3. (Read 2081 times)

brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
Well, it's not india only. According to 'Global Cryptocurrency Benchmarking Study' by University of Cambridge this year, number of unique active users of cryptocurrency wallets is estimated to be between 2.9 million and 5.8 million. Which is less then 1% of total world population. So, it's long way to go for cryptocurrency world market as well Smiley

Here's the link for 'Global Cryptocurrency Benchmarking Study' by University of Cambridge: https://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/faculty-research/centres/alternative-finance/publications/global-cryptocurrency/#.Wdn6c2pX7bM
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Im surprised its even 1%. People dont have basic amenities, let alone internet or the knowledge to read about this. Far bigger things to worry about at the moment.
Activity: 91
I agree that
But there some coins like rupee, India which are operated by non Indian people

LOL... its a ticker symbol. One doesnt have to be Indian to make a coin called Rupee. Just like one doesnt have to be American to make a coin called USD. One does not also have to be an alien to make aliencoin or a bird to make feathercoin.
Activity: 52
I agree that
But there some coins like rupee, India which are operated by non Indian people
Activity: 518
Merit: 257
In India, only 34% of the total population are internet users....So in that scenario, you can't expect more figures. But yes, early players in Indian crypto market will definelty get a milage above these upcoming newbies.
Activity: 91
Numbers like that mean nothing. Did you know that compared to the cows and buffaloes in India, there is only .0015% donkeys? That means there is a long way to go before donkeys become mainstream.  Grin
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
Slowly but gradually people are understanding this cypto currency due to various coverage in print and media. May be % wise not very sure but yes especially in rural areas they are unaware. But I think in coming time once the stand becomes clear of Government than it would be known to majority of them.
Activity: 52
 Roll Eyes According to some news, less than 1% Indians are aware about the thing called cryptocurrency, that means less than 1cr people
So I think their is long way to go for Indian crypto market
Pages:
Jump to: