Pages:
Author

Topic: Lesson from bear market - page 34. (Read 23465 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 15
November 25, 2018, 04:45:59 PM
I got the one main lesson from this downtrend - always use stop-loss orders! I overestimated the prospects of some crypto projects and earned losses, but I HODL and hope for the prices recovery in 2019-2020 with the new bull trend.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 500
November 25, 2018, 04:38:25 PM
Yep, main lesson is not to hold all eggs in one basket, even if you 100% alts fan:) Need to hedge part of stack in BTC and stable coins too, alts are burning too fast and painful on bear market Sad
I think that the differentiation can not be mentioned, as in the bear market fall absolutely all the coins. Differentiation is useful in General, but not specifically now.
copper member
Activity: 812
Merit: 6
November 25, 2018, 03:11:42 PM
Yep, main lesson is not to hold all eggs in one basket, even if you 100% alts fan:) Need to hedge part of stack in BTC and stable coins too, alts are burning too fast and painful on bear market Sad
Activity: 686
Merit: 11
November 25, 2018, 02:31:49 PM
It's actually a good lesson to be learnt from this. Just as you have rightly said, so many got caught up in the heat of the moment making them lose almost what they amassed up with serious hard work and diligence. So pathetic..

It's better learn and grow from this.
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
November 25, 2018, 02:28:03 PM
BE PREPARED FOR THE WORST: In this bear market,I have learnt that the worst could happen,so we should always prepare for the worst.Many have lost up to 80% of their portfolio to this bear market because they are not expecting the worst to happen,unfortunately,they are caught up in it.If they had prepare for the worst,they could have done something about their portfolio at the beginning of the bear market.
DECISION BASED ON PAST EXPERIENCE MAY NEVER BE THE RIGHT ONE:It may be risky to base your decision on assumption.At the beginning of this bear market,there was a lot of assumption,many so sure that before we close our eyes and open,bull run will be here.Nobody ever expect the bear market to be this long,so, many decision made base on this assumptions as lead to frustration today.
In crypto,today you are up and tomorrow you are down.
To those caught up in it,you can only hope for the best,don’t give up.

There are a lot of deception in Crypto, people who depend on others in taking decissions will likely suffer and lose. From other side, the traders who control and manipulate the market will not post their intentions on twitter or telegram.
Merit: 111
November 25, 2018, 01:46:58 PM
BE PREPARED FOR THE WORST: In this bear market,I have learnt that the worst could happen,so we should always prepare for the worst.Many have lost up to 80% of their portfolio to this bear market because they are not expecting the worst to happen,unfortunately,they are caught up in it.If they had prepare for the worst,they could have done something about their portfolio at the beginning of the bear market.
DECISION BASED ON PAST EXPERIENCE MAY NEVER BE THE RIGHT ONE:It may be risky to base your decision on assumption.At the beginning of this bear market,there was a lot of assumption,many so sure that before we close our eyes and open,bull run will be here.Nobody ever expect the bear market to be this long,so, many decision made base on this assumptions as lead to frustration today.

I'm not preparing for the worst, I'm just acting on the situation. First, I analyze several charts, then decide how to trade and trade. In any market you can earn
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
November 25, 2018, 01:38:21 PM
My lesson from this bear market is not to be certain too much or depends on crypto for a living either by holding or trading. Is just like a game of chance and without certainty , a very risky business to bet your livelihood on it.
for now, crypto is very risky because it doesn't have a clear regulation because there are many countries that prohibit crypto so the crypto price is still very sensitive. crypto is still used as an investment tool so that it can still be managed by people who are strong in crypto. therefore we cannot just rely on crypto.
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
November 25, 2018, 11:51:51 AM
My lesson from this bear market is not to be certain too much or depends on crypto for a living either by holding or trading. Is just like a game of chance and without certainty , a very risky business to bet your livelihood on it.
Merit: 10
November 25, 2018, 11:44:09 AM
Now I believe that we have already fallen below 80%, of course I'm waiting for a rebound, and the market reversal but so far it is not visible , I think by the end of 2019 it will be
Activity: 686
Merit: 131
November 25, 2018, 11:36:15 AM
Yes, a lot of what you are saying makes sense.
But one thing you got wrong:

This is NOT a bear market is is a CRASHING market!

As of today, we have lost HALF of the value of the entire market in just two weeks.
If the same thing happened to the stock market, the entire global economy would enter a huge depression.
Well, the stock market recently crashing did have an effect on this...

The scariest thing is, if you think about last jan when btc was at it's all time high at 19k, it is really humbling.
That means, that despite everyone saying, "I believe in crypto! Just hodl!"
The market went from btc being worth 19k to 3.5k.
Lol, that just doesn't happen in any other market except ours.
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
November 25, 2018, 11:32:56 AM
What i've got from this condition of market is, to become more patient. Cause the condition is still looking in a bad shape even until today. I saw the price dropping a little too much compared to another day.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
November 25, 2018, 11:26:47 AM
Just Hodl, friends
Activity: 805
Merit: 26
November 25, 2018, 08:00:48 AM
It is important to be conscious that in crypto anything could happen so we don't get caught up in it.Crypto is full of up and down.
Very true! We must have two expectation their: one is a positive and the other one is negative. If we expect positive outcome in trading, we urge and excite to trade. But if we expect negative, we will become ready of what will happen to our investment. Cryptocurrency is full of excitement and surprises, we cannot dictate it to go to our bias.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
November 25, 2018, 07:52:01 AM
Today I am disappointed. The market is falling again. Ethereum 109 dollars. Many are now losing money. Who became a millionaire because of cryptocurrency, and sold his coins at the right time. The first feeling today - I envy them. I lose, but do not sell. Personally, I will be patient, but the time will come when the market will turn into a bullish again.
It is really disappointing if you expecting more and easy money.  But our market never in the bullish season nor it always be in the bearish trend. If you still have enough courage and trust into crypto,  then it probably you'll be rewarded in the end.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 335
November 25, 2018, 07:44:09 AM

I also have learned a lot this year. I actually just started last year and my start was really amazing because of the bull-market. However, everything changed when 2018 started. I wish I could've sold most of my alts because I have lost almost $3000 because of the market crash. I have learned to be patient and do not rush things when everything comes down to worst.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
W12 – Scam
November 25, 2018, 07:27:53 AM
What the bear market taught me: do not be greedy, do not invest all the money in cryptocurrency, so that there is money for the next life (the market is very unpredictable!) And does not expect quick profit.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
November 25, 2018, 07:18:18 AM
Today I am disappointed. The market is falling again. Ethereum 109 dollars. Many are now losing money. Who became a millionaire because of cryptocurrency, and sold his coins at the right time. The first feeling today - I envy them. I lose, but do not sell. Personally, I will be patient, but the time will come when the market will turn into a bullish again.
Activity: 182
November 25, 2018, 06:51:06 AM

The main knowledge that I received during the bear market - no need to panic. One must learn to work rationally and patiently without hasty decisions. Now investors just have to believe in the recovery and further growth of the crypto market. I believe that it is not necessary to exclude the risk of falling prices at the end of this year, but with time the situation will surely normalize.
Activity: 616
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
November 22, 2018, 04:57:23 AM
Nothing new! It has been always that way and will be the same ups and downs. So, better don't expect to have a vertical bull run and up all the way UP!

Until it is backed by stable real life value, then volatility is here to stay. Adding those "shitty manipulators", we have to back it up by precious metals. Gold, Silver ...ect. metals have stable prices and will help the crypto assets to stay. Gigzi project makes this possible, no matter if it is a bear market or not.
Activity: 434
November 22, 2018, 04:24:35 AM
The best experience in a bear market is to refuse to buy any ICO project. The bear market ICO project is very difficult to succeed. In addition to reducing the number of transactions, the number of transactions does not allow you to earn more. The time you want to trade is enough for investors to use. A small amount of capital investment contract.
Pages:
Jump to: