Pages:
Author

Topic: let's develop cryptocurrency economic theory - page 2. (Read 3143 times)

Activity: 261
Merit: 250
The money should be printed by scientists of the government, not by uneducated bankers.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
It's a great Idea to have more research on cryptocurrency, the fact that BTC works outside the mainstream financial system and that it is not owned  by any body,country or government,it shows no economic trends or adhere to political policy,it seems to serve the purpose of anonymous digital transactions and saving or profiting on the long run  Smiley
Activity: 770
Merit: 629
POW and POS are pyramids. If you want to develop a new cryptocurrency economic theory, start from there.

Every monetary asset is a pyramid.

Money is money because people think that people think that it is money.  So if enough people think that an asset is money, it is money.  If not enough people think that it is money, then it isn't money.

In a pyramid, you hope for a greater fool.  Of course, one ends up not finding a greater fool any more, because you're probably not a greater fool than yourself.

With a monetary asset, you hope for a similar fool.  That can last for a long time, because you are probably just a fool as you are yourself.  So money can go around several times.  Pyramid stuff cannot go around.

Activity: 179
Merit: 100
Nothing new under the Sun. Only the medium is different, concept is still the same.
Well in bitcoin you don't have banks, fiscal policy, GDP, debt (there is?), taxes, so at least over here in bitcoin things are easier to understand apart from the supply and demand factor, mining, investment. So it works kind of different as generally you don't have the reserve bank to set the policy and comes with it all the bunch of economic terms.

You don't need the reserve bank to set the policy. There are scientists economists for that.
Activity: 672
Merit: 253
POW and POS are pyramids. If you want to develop a new cryptocurrency economic theory, start from there.

While I'll admit they share some characteristics, POW/POS are definitely not pyramid or ponzi schemes.
Q7
Activity: 448
Well in bitcoin you don't have banks, fiscal policy, GDP, debt (there is?), taxes, so at least over here in bitcoin things are easier to understand apart from the supply and demand factor, mining, investment. So it works kind of different as generally you don't have the reserve bank to set the policy and comes with it all the bunch of economic terms.
Activity: 476
Merit: 252
ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

You dont know a thing about bitcoin if you think PoW is a pyramid scheme (ponzi scheme I suppose you're trying to say)
You need to watch the documentary "The secret of Oz".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qIhDdST27g
Activity: 210
Economy theory is always politically related...

Very true. Before it was called "Economics", Economics was called "Political Economy"
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
We need the economic theories. The money supply must grow and shrink with economic activity, allowing stable prices. The question is: How can we do that in cryptos?

Money supply does not need to change, the price will change, people will adapt to changing prices with their own strategy

We don't need economic theory when things simply work in reality. Even less we need economic interventionism. And the very least we need a repetition of central bank interventionism based on economic theories already proven to be wrong in reality.

The very reason Bitcoin was invented was to challenge the current economic system that's based on a braindead economic doctrine that even a 5-year-old quickly identifies as unsustainable BS - unless he is an economist.

Economists may theorize ad infinitum. Meanwhile I use Bitcoin.

ya.ya.yo!
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
We need the economic theories. The money supply must grow and shrink with economic activity, allowing stable prices. The question is: How can we do that in cryptos?

Money supply does not need to change, the price will change, people will adapt to changing prices with their own strategy
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
Economy theory is always politically related, so the first question is to answer if government allow the mass circulation of alternative currency? So far, most of the countries only allow their domestic currency to circulate, that also has something to do with tax collection

From this perspective, I think bitcoin will only work as a digital asset, serving specific purposes like saving and international transaction, so the demand is not driven by GDP or something in mainstream economics
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
We shall not need dedicated economic theories. The main difference with fiat is in a controlled growth of the money supply.
The cryptocurrency field needs more economic research done around it. So, I'm asking that people with economics experience help to create this field which can greatly improve the Cryptocurrency economy.

I'm currently working on a study of the Cryptocurrency  economy, I hope to have it complete by the end of the summer.

The currency might be "new", the market economic behind it is same old same old.

I would find it hard to believe that there is no difference between a borderless, completely voluntary economy and the national/global economies.
Activity: 213
The cryptocurrency field needs more economic research done around it. So, I'm asking that people with economics experience help to create this field which can greatly improve the Cryptocurrency economy.

I'm currently working on a study of the Cryptocurrency  economy, I hope to have it complete by the end of the summer.

The currency might be "new", the market economic behind it is same old same old.

Cryptocurrency field needs more research, I fully agree,  but it is impossible to conduct research without valid subjects. We need to have reference point. Bitcoin - the most advances and main cryptocurrency right now is in its infancy state, so I we can only guess what will happen in the future with it.

There are lessons to be learnt as it's happening now, but you're right. Apart from a few noble people trying to develop closed loops and private individuals trading with each other, it's not really an economy at all at present. It's still a system for transmitting dollars.

Regardless of what happen to Bitcoin, it'll be something that's still talked about and analysed for a long, long time to come.

I beg to differ. A small economy, definitely, but an economy nonetheless. I like to think of the bitcoin economy as a highly unstable , borederless economy with significantly more imports than exports.
Activity: 668
Merit: 257
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht

Cryptocurrency field needs more research, I fully agree,  but it is impossible to conduct research without valid subjects. We need to have reference point. Bitcoin - the most advances and main cryptocurrency right now is in its infancy state, so I we can only guess what will happen in the future with it.

There are lessons to be learnt as it's happening now, but you're right. Apart from a few noble people trying to develop closed loops and private individuals trading with each other, it's not really an economy at all at present. It's still a system for transmitting dollars.

Regardless of what happen to Bitcoin, it'll be something that's still talked about and analysed for a long, long time to come.
Pages:
Jump to: