Pages:
Author

Topic: Let's dispel two Windows GPU mining myths.. - page 2. (Read 14723 times)

Xer
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
5 cards and up wont work due to a limitation in windows, they simply wont be recognized by the operating system.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
So it looks like up to 4 cards in XP is fine.

What about 5 or more cards running in Windows, anyone been able to make that work?
Activity: 633
Merit: 500
I have 4 card on XP right now.  2 5850's, 1 5870, and 1 6870.  I don't OC them much and I get about 1.2Ghash.
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
A lot of us have read that Windows has a 4 GPU limit and that Windows XP can't do 4 GPU's.  Let's verify/dispel those myths.

• Is there anyone out there that has more than 4 GPU's mining on a box running Windows OS?
  • Is there anyone that's been able to get 2, 3 or 4 cards mining using Windows XP?

Edit: If anyone can answer yes to either of those above, please list your hardware/software setup.

I'm running 3 x HD5870 on Windows XP with an Intel DX975XBX motherboard and an Intel E6400 with 1 GB DDR2. I'm using single resistor dummy plugs in cards 2 and 3 and all 3 cards are running at 950/300. I run 2 Phoenix instances on each GPU with identical settings, so I cover 2 pools in case one has problems. My total hash rate is just over 1,200 MH/s.

Not an XP/Windows problem, but to get around the heat issue, as the cards are so close together, I use insulating spacers to push the cards apart and I've cut holes in the case and fitted 2 fans that blow air directly onto the middle card.
Activity: 312
Yes, I have had 3 6970's running on XP.  However, I had heat issues and had to remove one to another box.  I used the Guiminer, poclbm, 2.4 drivers, (and cat 11.4  I think, not sure).  MB was a ASUS Crosshair IV Formula.
Activity: 378
A lot of us have read that Windows has a 4 GPU limit and that Windows XP can't do 4 GPU's.  Let's verify/dispel those myths.

• Is there anyone out there that has more than 4 GPU's mining on a box running Windows OS?
  • Is there anyone that's been able to get 2, 3 or 4 cards mining using Windows XP?

Edit: If anyone can answer yes to either of those above, please list your hardware/software setup.
Pages:
Jump to: